Blue + green = Blueen

yarek

Hi,

As I live in a place where getting Pelikan, Waterman, Mont Blanc and maybe Sheaffer (if I would try very hard) inks is everything you can get, I have to experiment a little bit :)

So my favourite colors to mix are green and blue. Here you go with the sample.

I hope you can see the difference between different combinations.

When I do it for everyday purpose, I never really care for the ratios - I love the whole spectrum you can get from green and blue.

Mixing self-made Blue-Black with green gives also nice effects.

Hope you like it :)

2nd and 3rd looks almost the same... Believe me, there is a difference on the page ;)

[MOD EDIT]

Waterman Green and Parker Quink Blue,

1:4,

1:2 and

1:1.

[/MOD EDIT]

http://www.yo-yo.pl/sample3.JPG

Sorry for a drop of water that found its way to the page. :/

Edited by saskia_madding

Sailor 1911 | Pilot Capless | Waterman Expert | Montblanc 149

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yarek

• kissing

• Slush99

• Peregrin

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to try these mixes. I have the inks you mentioned so I can start right away! :D

"'I will not say, "do not weep", for not all tears are an evil."

I like your mixes. Gives me a good excuse to order some new ink. :D

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

You've inspired me to try adding some Herbin Ivy to blue Quink tonight!

Then I might try adding some Aurora Black..

- Jonathan

Some thoughts connected with this "Blueen" thing ;)

- I know this might be not really clever thing, but I like to put different ink in the pen without flushing it first - I can see the color variation (spectrum? ;)) when going trough the page - I like that effect.

- mixing blue - black with green also looks nice I think. It is something like 'dirty'

green.

- some mixes (I think the same is with non-mixed ones) look different in different pens , so I always like to test it in couple of pens.

Think it is all. I'm happy to know that some of you found my mix interesting. ;)

Sailor 1911 | Pilot Capless | Waterman Expert | Montblanc 149

Thanks, yarek! Necessity does have some beautiful children.

That's one of the few paints i still mix for myself on my watercolor palette. Now I know the proper name, Blueen! :)

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Varek, I do the same thing sometimes, swap out ink colors without flushing. I like to go from brown to green to purple & back to brown.

Cheap thrills. :D

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick