G. Lalo Verge De France Deckle-edged Correspondence Set

GreenVelvet

I just posted a full review of the G. Lalo Verge de France Deckle-Edged Correspondence Set on my blog. I've got 5 photos there for those of you who want to see them, plus proper hyperlinks for all the reference, but I'll share the full text with you here:

[photo]

It's time for another Exaclair product review from all the goodies I got this summer!

Here we have the G. Lalo Verge de France Deckle-Edged Correspondence Set in blue. It comes with 10 cards and 10 tissue-lined envelopes. You can see full product information here, but the way the catalog is done in some weird animation programming (flash?) makes me dizzy and I find it hard to read. (Wha' happened to the good old PDF pages?)

[photo]

My husband used one of these before I did, for a short thank-you note, and his conclusion is that they are perfect for just that purpose... or, he said, for a letter where you have very little to say. I concur about the thank-you note length - short and sweet, but obviously paper of high quality and good craftsmanship.

[photo]

Here it is with my beloved letter-opener; don't they look nice together? You can see the edges have a pattern to them, hence the "deckle-edged" title, on both the envelope and the card itself. The stock is nice and thick, akin to card stock, and as with all G. Lalo papers, it is exquisite with fountain pens. I don't think you could bleed through this puppy if you tried, and I've never experienced any feathering. (This is not my first time buying these - I've used them before.)

[photo]

I hope this shot lets you see the gentle texture of the laid finish. It's almost like tiny raised lines, but I don't find it at all distracting. If you have trouble writing in a straight horizontal line, the laid surface can assist as a guide. I've used very fine nibs on these and not had a problem with the texture. Here you can also get a nice close look at the fine tissue lining in the envelope.

These are 3.25 x 5.25 inches, and my pack has 10 cards and envelopes with a retial price of $9. I'd rate that a very good value, at less than $1 per card, for some very high quality stationery.

Again, full review of the G. Lalo Verge de France Deckle-Edged Correspondence Set on my blog.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scratchy

• GreenVelvet

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow it looks dreamy...

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib