Pen Case from Japan

bensuzuki

This comes from Japanese leather goods brand "Wild Swans". I got this in their Ginza shop.

This is very high quality case. Nice fit for M800 and Optima. I like its size and shape of the end of the case.

It holds and protects pens well but very slim. I found most of hard leather case tend to be very bulky but this one is not.

Different thinner material is used where pen clips are held. Worthwhile checking when you have a chance to visit Tokyo.

post-26891-1251015978_thumb.jpg

post-26891-1251015998_thumb.jpg

post-26891-1251016037_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inka

• chrisro

• oceansportrait

• Rae

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice case, one of if not the best quality I've ever seen.

Pricey? It looks pricey.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

That looks amazing (and just from the fact that you got it at Ginza makes me think that the price is through the roof...Ginza's a place in Japan that's known to be very expensive...) I love how there's a different (thinner) material where the pen clips into place. Do they offer it in other colors? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I found the Wild Swans' website: http://www.wildswans.jp Looking at the contact numbers in the shoplist, they don't seem to have any stockists outside of Japan.

Here is the link to this case direct: http://www.wildswans.jp/03oc/pab.html (approx $150; also available in 3-pen size, it seems, for approx $220)

You could email Wild Swans direct (click the underlined link at the very bottom of the page, or use the Contact Us form) to see if they would ship to you...?

(bensuzuki, I hope you don't mind me jumping in and posting this...)

Edited by Rae

I really like the thinner material in the clip sections as well... Are there any other makers that do that? I had looked around and hadn't seen one. Frankly, when I'd be looking to purchase one this would still be out of my price range. ;)

-MJ

Samantha Carter - You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick. Now you're Mr MacUseless. Dear God! I'm stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!

Edward : Say it... Out loud...

Bella : Vampire...

Rifftrax: Close. I'm a Metropire.