• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penguinmaster

• psfred

• Malacoda

• Peter from Sherwood Park

Noodler's Ottoman Azure is an excellent color for me. If nothing else, it's kind of fun to watch it change from a blue to a teal-tinged blue within a matter of seconds after hitting the paper. Unlike your experience, though, I don't find it to be a dry ink at all, at least not in the pens I've had it in so far.

• 6 months later...

I really like this ink too ... and I haven't found it dry in my pens either ... I really like the slight 'teal' hint in the ink as well. One thing I appreciate about this ink is that I am not experiencing any nib creep (which some of my Noodler's seem prone to do).

"Not all who wander are lost."

JRR Tolkien

This is currently my "OMG I LOVE THIS COLOR" ink. Previously, I went through the same phase with Green Marine. ;)

This is a very deep sort of pure almost dark electric blue to me. Reminds me of some cobalt glassware I have. There is absolutely no teal to my bottle at all... just wonderful blue. It shades astonishingly beautifully on Apica in a F Lamy Studio (also Pearl)... so I use it to take notes with at work right now. If I don't find another "OMG I LOVE THIS COLOR" ink soon, this Ottoman Azure may be my "signature" ink. :)

Wow, thats a wonderful blue and with no nib creep? I've used Luxury Blue in my Studio Palladium and the nib practically bled blue.

Does anyone know if its bullet proof?

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Two things...

1) I love Ottman Azure and was absolutely astonished to discover that it seemed to exhibit even more shading when used in Esterbrooks with F or XF starbust nibs (created so much shading in my opinion as to enter the realm of gorgeous and astonishing)...

2) I have to ask, PenguinMaster, I take it by your forum name that you're a linux disciple -- just curious: what distro are you running?

John M.

Passionate pen junkie and all-out grilling addict.

www.addictedtogrilling.com

Nakaya Long Cigar Shu (unpolished)

OK, now I have to get this ink. Too bad I've already blown my writing supply budget for the year. Guess I'll have to wait until my birthday comes around...

Two things...

1) I love Ottman Azure and was absolutely astonished to discover that it seemed to exhibit even more shading when used in Esterbrooks with F or XF starbust nibs (created so much shading in my opinion as to enter the realm of gorgeous and astonishing)...

2) I have to ask, PenguinMaster, I take it by your forum name that you're a linux disciple -- just curious: what distro are you running?

I am a linux disciple when able (work doesn't allow it unfortunately). I run Ubuntu though!

-penguin

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

Wow, thats a wonderful blue and with no nib creep? I've used Luxury Blue in my Studio Palladium and the nib practically bled blue.

Does anyone know if its bullet proof?

Nope, not bullet-proof.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

FWIW, mine has a bit of teal, which I didn't realise until a friend pointed out. No nib creep either. I love the smell of the ink; not sure if all Noodler's smell the same as it's my only one. :embarrassed_smile:

This is a favourite ink of mine.

The colour of blue is very unusual; a kind of French navy with teal undertones.

@leoniethomas18

I bought this as one of the few Noodlers available in Australia, and didn't like it until I put it in my Pilot MYU. With the fine line and slight flex the OA suddenly became attractive to me for reasons I cannot explain. I guess in a broader line, I found the teal-ness (yes, a new word) a little dull and lifeless; but in the subtler fine line, the blue became more pronounced and less depressing.

It's that or I'm slowly losing my mind.

Maybe both. :gaah:

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Still my favorite blue!

Everybody should get some.

I remember Nathan saying this is one of the most difficult color to do as a minuscule dye variation and the color will be completely off... but don't remember where I saw that.

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of my favourtie inks I have used in most of my pens. Yes, it definitely does suffer nib creep in all pens tried (Montegrappa, Mont Blanc, Omas, Lamy, Sheaffer, Rotring. Also depending on whether you have a wet or dry flow nib you will get quite a different range of shades. I find it flows really well and has a nice vintage look when it dries. An ink definitely worth having in your collection.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...