Wagner - Diamine

visvamitra

Cyber6 - thank you for the sample of this great ink.

Wagner behaves really well and it looks great. It dries ages but it doesn't bother me. It's a pity it can't be bought outside of the Diamione Music Set.

Ink Splash

http://imageshack.com/a/img904/6795/TAKuM4.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2296/x9DQa1.jpgSoftware ID

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2871/RsXkN9.jpg

Color range

http://imageshack.com/a/img912/4127/1HztuB.jpg

Calendar - Visconti van Gogh, medium nib

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/2647/IHg6k5.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4230/FKxXS9.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9154/FKseLj.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• amberleadavis

• Mishka5050

• Barkingpig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't the inks just become available individually?

I think it's part of their anniversary... I'm not sure.

Anyway, thanks for the great review!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@Amber - it seems only 150th anniversary inks are available individually. In order to get Wagner bottle you have to - so it seems - get the whole music set.

It's said that if you email them, they will sell you inks from music and flower sets separately, in their normal 30 ml bottles. Haven't tried that yet.

Somewhat similar to Iroshizuku Inaho?

It looks a little similar, although hard to tell for sure online. I think Ina-ho might be a little lighter; it appears golden on most paper I use it on but I have had experience of it looking like sludge on absorbent paper.

It's said that if you email them, they will sell you inks from music and flower sets separately, in their normal 30 ml bottles. Haven't tried that yet.

I haven't tried it either. I don't see the individuals available on the website, but the person who said they were available individually was quite knowledgeable.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I haven't tried it either. I don't see the individuals available on the website, but the person who said they were available individually was quite knowledgeable.

Wow what a colour.... Must get that thanks Visa

Are you the male equivelant of Amberlea.... In ohter words are you our Ink Prince? :)

How many millions of ink do you have....

(People say that the number of Inks her Royal Highness Princess Amberlea is higher than the US deficit :)

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Well, I used to have a lot of inks but I sold most of them. As I one told Cyber6 in our PM's my goal is to try and review all the inks in the universe and then have just three best of each color. Now here's where it gets tricky, because colors have shades. And so brown - red can't be compared to brown-yellow and brown-yellow isn't - obviously - the same as brown-orange :)

Anyway at the moment I have maybe 40 bottles of ink and I receive (well, sometimes I ask for) a lot of samples that I gladly review.

Well, I used to have a lot of inks but I sold most of them. As I one told Cyber6 in our PM's my goal is to try and review all the inks in the universe and then have just three best of each color. Now here's where it gets tricky, because colors have shades. And so brown - red can't be compared to brown-yellow and brown-yellow isn't - obviously - the same as brown-orange :)

Anyway at the moment I have maybe 40 bottles of ink and I receive (well, sometimes I ask for) a lot of samples that I gladly review.

Aha that is the trick..... Well I willmsend you ssome samples in the future.

Where can I buy empty testtubes EU please....

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Ah, good to see Wagner reviewed again, still as beautiful as ever. The inks ARE available separately folks - just email Diamine and they will send some out to you from the whole range INCLUDING Flower and Music sets. I have spoken with Diamine directly and have been told this is the case.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

I started with the goal of finding a single ink of each family, and since then decided I really need a pure saturated color, a grayed version, and something inbetween. Then I realized that I need a dark, medium, and paler version. And that "red" wasn't good enough: I also need warm and cool leaning shades. So now I am at a goal of 27 inks per color family. Though to be fair, I have ruled out a couple of combos. So I am hypothetically looking for 162 inks. (Except let's justify why I need both Oxblood and Red Dragon, despite how close they are, and why I really need more olives, and ...)

It was a good goal though, and probably one I will return to soon.

Cyber6 - thank you for the sample of this great ink.

Wagner behaves really well and it looks great. It dries ages but it doesn't bother me. It's a pity it can't be bought outside of the Diamione Music Set.

Well, you can.... that's how I got mine. I emailed Diamine and order it individually. :lol:

They confirm that you should be able to buy "refills" (30ml) of any ink in the Music and Flower set @ £3.36 each (no VAT for me cause I am in Canada). The website will be updated after Christmas, but if you want to buy them now... you need to call/email them directly.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Cyber6, you are the great enabler thank you for sharing your inks AND telling us how to acquire them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who brought this ink to renewed attention. I read this post the day it appeared & promptly ordered the music set from Anderson Pens just to try THIS ink! And emailed Diamine to inquire about the availability of replacement.....yes.....BEFORE trying it! I liked it THAT much from this post! .......AND I already had Herbin's Vert Olive & R&K's Alt Goldrun & although they are similar they are different enough that I am glad to have them all.

BUT after a helpful conversation with Christina @ Classic Fountain Pens this morning I inked up a newly acquired 1992

(NOS ) Omas (Extra) Paragon in Saft Green. I had called CFP to inquire about ordering a replacement nib as this pen came with a medium & I prefer a broader nib. Her advice was to try this one FIRST and then decide.

SO.......in the "holiday" spirit ( & yes I have been enjoying the recent Chatter posts regarding same......) I treated myself to a little Christmas Eve present.....a 22 year old never inked pen with a newly discovered colour (thanks to this posting) that matches & complements the pen's unusual colour!

So my thanks to all involved from this ink's posting, Anderson & Classic Fountain Pens & the person who made this pen available for sale. You made a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS for one new follower of this forum!