Tiny Delta Dolcevita - Can't Figure Out Which Type I Have!

Plume145

Hi guys! I haven't been around much lately, hope everyone's doing well :-)

Tonight I picked up the little cutie below from an outdoor vintage stuff market, it's used and fairly grody. I'm really keen on using it, but before I start cleaning it I would like to identify it properly to make it easier to get accurate info on cleaning and such.

But the furthest I got on IDing it is that it's a Delta Dolcevita (and only because it'ss helpfully written right on the cap...pen ID, ure doing it rong :P). I found a blog post that says there are over 60 versions, and I would love to know more about which specific one it is.

fpn_1401666818__orange_delta_overall.jpg

fpn_1401666856__orange_delta_cap.jpg

fpn_1401666897__orange_delta_cap_detail.

fpn_1401666938__orange_delta_nib.jpg

The nib looks like it might have some more numbers on it, but my loupe doesn't seem to be strong enough to read them - it's a 15x. Sorry for all the reflections in the picture, I know it could be better but this one's the first genuinely clear and sharp one in a dozen attempts - I'm just so klutzy tonight, I can't seem to get it right lol. I'm hoping this is enough, failing that I'll take another stab at it tomorrow in daylight.

What do you guys think?

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plume145

• therecorder

• Ghost Plane

• efchem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a link for info http://www.hisnibs.com/dolcevita.htm and he references yafa site for even more info. My guess without seeing the back of the pen is it is an undersized dolce vita. The undersize has a step where the mini is tapered. I generally like Delta pens so good find and enjoy.

Edited to say I assumed it was a small size from the words little cutie in the post. Deltas are generally not small pens.

Edited by efchem

Is that a c/c fill?

More like cartridge only, I think it would be too short for everything except some squeeze converters and a monteverde mini with the end of the plunger trimmed. But, yeah :-)

Here is a link for info http://www.hisnibs.com/dolcevita.htm and he references yafa site for even more info. My guess without seeing the back of the pen is it is an undersized dolce vita. The undersize has a step where the mini is tapered. I generally like Delta pens so good find and enjoy.

Edited to say I assumed it was a small size from the words little cutie in the post. Deltas are generally not small pens.

Yes, it is quite small! Forgot to say *d'oh* but well done for reading between my confused lines lol. It's only about 3 7/8" long.

I looked at the Yafa site too - first place I checked when I googled the pen, but it left me confused, kind of. Is the undersized DV you mention the same as the one that Yafa calls a 'mid-size'?

You said something about seeing the back of the pen, which part is it that you would need? I've hit my second wind now and I would try to upload a picture :-)

thanks both :-)

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

weeell, it kind of does, and kind of doesn't, lol Mine looks closest to the mini, but not quite: it's not as long as the hisnibs link describes the mini, and unlike what it says on Yafa, mine doesn't seem to have a gold nib; it's just a chrome-y color. And the silver ring around it doesn't stick out as much. That blog post I mentioned earlier (here) says the number indicates how many they have made: his own that he bought sometime after July 2012 has a number over 5000, whereas mine is only 0657, so maybe it's just an earlier version, they changed it some later but the sites reflect the current versions? That's what's got me all mixed up - none of the descriptions fit mine exactly :-)

Edited by Plume145

because it was sunday evening when I posted and I'm impatient, lol. But if noone can recognize it I will try them, definitely! I just figure posting here might get me a quick answer - I'd seen these pens around and I thought it might be easy to identify them for someone who knows the line, but that's before I realized they came in so many different versions! It is a cute pen though, I hope I can evict all the gunk lurking between nib and feed because I would LOVE to use it.

correction: the nib IS gold, the 'numbers' I mentioned above that I could see on the nib but that I couldn't read turned out to be '18kt - 750' ( found a bigger magnifier :P

anyway, I'm writing to Delta about it, I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out :-)

thanks all!

It looks like the Dolce Vita Undersized. The other Dolce Vitas all have larger nibs than your pen.

It looks like the Dolce Vita Undersized. The other Dolce Vitas all have larger nibs than your pen.

thanks!! That seems to concur with what efchem said about the nib section and how the undersized has a step where the mini just tapers. I missed it at first in his post, it only sank through when I re-read it just now :P So, I guess it's an undersized, and I'm glad because apparently that makes it an exact replica of the oversize except smaller - so, more of a true miniature than the Mini. I love anything miniaturized, so this is better than the mini for me!

I do hope Delta eventually reply to my email though, because maybe they can tell me when it was made based on the number on the cap. I would love to know that! Maybe someone can set up a website where you can look it up yourself. Like the ones where you look up serial numbers of cameras or lenses to figure out when they were made, but for Delta pens :-) I'd totally do it if I knew how!