Poll: Win One Of 7 New, High Performance Flex Pens!

PrestoTenebroso

I filled out the survey as well. I believe the OP has his finger on the pulse of the fountain pen public (FPP). Everyone on this forum seems to be searching for a flex pen and they are either very cheap or very expensive or hard to find. No middle ground. Basic supply and demand. I think the OP see opportunity here. Good luck!

Craig

Thank you!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PrestoTenebroso

• OakIris

• inkstainedruth

• Algester

Good idea for a poll, and I agree that a new modern flex pen would be welcome in the market. Having never used one but always intrigued by them, it'd be great to have another option out there.

Best of luck with your endeavor.

Thank you!

This sounds like it would be fun. I took the survey and I have only one suggestion - on the 'how you use the pen questions' it would have been more accurate (and pleasurable) to be able to choose more than one answer.

When do we get to see pictures?!

done and fingers crossed!

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

Lovely idea. Great to see you are collecting opinions from poeple who will be using the pens.

However - a few comments on the poll...

There were many questions I didn't feel I gave the correct answer to. I would have like the option sometimes to pick more than one response. My usage of pens is not always the same, my thoughts about things are not always the same. There are times when I'd compromise one thing for another, there are other times when I wouldn't - most of your questions did not give the opportunity to show this.

Also, along the way I'd have liked a few comment boxes so I could say more about why something was importnat - or not important. I wanted to express opinions that were not possible to express by selecting just one option out of five. Often the option I would have chosen was not there. That is always a problem with simple multiple choice polls - you sometimes need a comments box to get around it. I use polls all the time in my work, and often the comments are of far more value to me than the selected multi-choice answers. Multi choice are easy to evaluate, they give a basic overview of what people feel, but people's comments really tell and enable you to understand you what they want and why.

Sorry to sound negative - I don't mean to be. I hope it all comes to fruition and I look forward to seeing a finished product!

Edited by garin

I would love to try one out. I am in the Chicago area, so I could save you postage. (He says in hopes of influencing decisions...)

Compete! Hope all these answers help you in your quest. Sounds like a promising career ahead! Can't wait to see what you design.

I filled out the survey, also, but it was a bit too 'black and white' for me so my answers are somewhat skewed and inaccurate, thus your poll may not be very accurate, as I am sure others have run into similar issues with the questions. Just as an example, for the "what ink for what pen question (Do you prefer that certain ink colors match the pen ....)" there should have been a "sometimes" or "depends" answer - sometimes I match ink to pen, sometimes I don't, so 'Yes' or 'No' doesn't really work for me. But, hopefully you are getting a reasonable idea of likes and dislikes.

Do you have any details on the pen you are going to design? Materials? Colors? Who will be making the nibs?

I look forward to seeing the pen you come up with and to reading reviews of it; it will definitely be awaited with anticipation!

Holly

I filled out the survey, also, but it was a bit too 'black and white' for me so my answers are somewhat skewed and inaccurate, thus your poll may not be very accurate, as I am sure others have run into similar issues with the questions. Just as an example, for the "what ink for what pen question (Do you prefer that certain ink colors match the pen ....)" there should have been a "sometimes" or "depends" answer - sometimes I match ink to pen, sometimes I don't, so 'Yes' or 'No' doesn't really work for me. But, hopefully you are getting a reasonable idea of likes and dislikes.

Do you have any details on the pen you are going to design? Materials? Colors? Who will be making the nibs?

I look forward to seeing the pen you come up with and to reading reviews of it; it will definitely be awaited with anticipation!

Holly

Hi Holly,

All good questions. I'll answer them in due time…

:-)

Done. I found that the questions about ink brands not important. I use what is suited for my specific tasks.

fpn_1389205880__post_card_exchange_small.png

Great idea! I just filled out the survey as well. I'd pay good money for a decent modern flex pen that is more responsive than the Pilot/Namiki Falcon while being less finicky than the Noodler's flex pens.

Good luck on your endeavours!

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene

Survey complete. Sounds like a very interesting project. Being left handed I find using flex pens challenging but I still enjoy them very much and look forward to seeing what you develop.