Morbus Curiositas

Lovely Liquids "De-Atramentis Khaki"

Dear FPN friends,

Yet another ink review. This Time it is De Atramentis Khaki

Off course I will insert a handwritten High Res Review so that hopefully you can see the beautiful colour and the lovely shading of the Ink.

I think the colour is very pretty and the schading is lovely but I would like to hear your opinion on that.

There is one disadvantage to this ink. It is not waterproof like the D-A Jane Austen is. This " water fear" appears ofter wiht other inks too. I Have several blue inks (also from other manufactures) and some are waterproof, some are not. For example Waterman (funny name in this Case) Serenity Blue is not waterproof, where J. Herbin's 1670 blue remains very legible after a .splash.

I promised to do a review on De Atramentis Document Inks Blue and Dark Blue... They will follow soon. I will also write a handwritten lines for comparison of the blue inks I currently have too

Enjoy the review

Down here are the technical specs (as suggested by Ann Finley 2007)

points 1-5 1 = :wacko: 5= :D

Fountain Pens: Lamy Joy 1,5 Italic nib

Paper: Leonardo Ringbuch,average quality school note book made in Austria

Drying time: Approx. Less than 4 seconds with a medium nib / 8-10 Seconds with the 1,5 Italic nib points 4

Flow: Like if the Hoover Dam breaks points: 5

Wetness: Like the weather in the southern part of mary old England last winter points 5 (and still dries very fast :) )

Lubrication: very smooth points: 5

Bleeding: little points: 4

Shading: explicit wiht both medium and 1,5 Italic nibs Lovely :happyberet: points: 5

Waterproof: NOT points 0 :unsure:

Package: Only in bottles,Wide opening for easy filling up points: 3-4 (bottle is quite nice but the not very special, although the label is beautiful)

Availabilty: In Europe Good, D-A webshop, Amazon, La Couronne Du Comte (NL), USA Brian Goulet but not all 255 inks :mellow: points: EU 4 USA???

Quality: Hand Made in Germany points: 5

The con of not being waterproof is blown away by the pros... I Love the lovey soil brown colour and hte explicit shading .It is wet and smooth and still dries pretty fast... Not always in one of my Fountain Pens (I only have 7 remember) but I use it quite frequently and will fill a pen pemantly with this lovel liquid when my Fountain Pen collection expands. :D

Hope you enjoyed the review and that it was usuable for you.

Next review D-A Document Blue and Dark Blue... Amazing stuff Bullet and Bombproof!!!

Kindest Regards

Peter Vlutters

post-105475-0-96655200-1395322677_thumb.jpg

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• Bo Bo Olson

• ravantra

• migo984

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good review Peter. I like the humour :D

It's a very attractive colour. It'll look great on Midori MD notepaper, the Rhodia 90gsm ivory vellum or champagne Basildon Bond.

I don't mind if inks aren't waterproof. It's not an important criteria for me. I have never once spilt water (or tea, coffee, wine, etc........) over my writing paper. Other things are more important to me, like behaviour in the pen, saturation, comsistency & flow.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Nice review, funny too!

Great shading on the ink though not sure whether I like the color. Maybe it's too yellow for my taste.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

I don't live in Seattle, write in the shower...and have learned to keep cups of liquids far away on my desk as a child in the Silver Dime days of B&W TV.

So being hurricane proof is not high on my list of what an ink has to do.

I do of course have a couple...one might have to write a check once a year or two. But good to have, in the USPS is not as secure as it was when it was the US mail and the employees were civil servants.

I prefer shading inks.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thanks for the review. Well done! Yes, at least here in this neck of the woods the word "Kacke" means that which you mentioned and also that which our old chancellor Dr. Helmut Kohl often referred to as "that which comes out in the end". Maybe that is why I don't like the colour. It is possibly too suggestive....

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

this khaki ink has a nice golden tint to the brown. i can see this used for an everyday writing. and with a medium nib nip, the color shall be dark enough.

-rudy-