Pelikan M205 Collection Completed

sargetalon

Hello everyone! I haven't really posted many pictures of my flock as a collection to date. I do plan to do a more extensive thread once I receive those pens back that I have out for repair. What I would like to share with you today is my recently completed collection of Pelikan M205's. The most difficult to come by pen in this outfit was by far the clear demo. The 2xx/4xx size pens are my favorite because of their balance when posted and great feel in the hand. Coupled with the easy to use piston filler and beautiful, classical styling these pens are no brainers for me. My first Pelikan ever was the white M205 depicted here. Anyway, here are some pics of my M205 collection which is complete for now pending future releases in the series. Enjoy!

Clear Demo (B nib), Light Blue Demo (EF nib), White (EF nib), Black (M nib), Red (EF nib), Taupe (M nib), Neon Yellow Demo (BB nib), Neon Green Demo (BB nib)

post-95756-0-79938200-1384988471_thumb.jpg

post-95756-0-87462600-1384988482_thumb.jpg

post-95756-0-20777100-1384988497_thumb.jpg

post-95756-0-31741300-1384988537_thumb.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• Runnin_Ute

• Nausica

• ebearius

Gorgeous set of 205's!! Looking forward to the receipt of my red one.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Gorgeous set of 205's!! Looking forward to the receipt of my red one.

The EF red one is what I have inked up right now. Writes beautfiully. Really enjoying it. Hope you get yours soon.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Congratulations! I have the blue demonstrator and I love using it. I confess I had no idea the M205 came in so many colours. Do you use all of your M205s or are some for display only?

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

The EF red one is what I have inked up right now. Writes beautfiully. Really enjoying it. Hope you get yours soon.

Me too. Driving me nuts. Left LA Sunday(11/17) - it isn't 700 miles from LA to my house. Still nothing. Shipped from Australia 11/7 and arrived LA on 11/11.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I own the clear demonstrator. I'm not a collector, but I do write with it. The nib even has a decent amount of flex.

It's fun to see all the variety available in this model, so thank-you for sharing.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Congratulations! I have the blue demonstrator and I love using it. I confess I had no idea the M205 came in so many colours. Do you use all of your M205s or are some for display only?

No display only pieces in my collection. That's a hard and fast rule for me. If I own it and it writes, it gets inked and put in rotation.

I have the Taupe with a B nib and a black with an Italic nib. I love the Taupe, it's so simple and elegant, although in hindsight the M nib would have been better.

Hi sargetalon,

I´ve the light blue M205 Demo, too. It looks like the filling mechanism is made from white plastic. My has a black mechanism inside.

Is it a special or repaired pen? Can you explain the difference?

Thank you

Dominic

Good catch. I hadn't noticed. Upon closer inspection, the mechanism is grey. I see that the pics online do generally show a black piston. I bought it used and am told that it was purchased new from Richard Binder in 2011 and not used much in the interim. It came with all the corroborating paperwork. Curious though. Very curious.

Very nice, Sarge! enjoy them all!

I have Red M205, my first Pelikan, coming in from Japan. I can't wait to try it out. Looking at it from your photographs, I predict I'll like it very much!

Thank you for showing us your M205 series, Sarge!

That´s impressive. Oh boy, I love your collection.

The clear one is on my wish list too, it´s about 30 kilometers from here in a shop I visit from time to time. Could buy it easily, but it´s so refreshing to see it again and again and think: I´ll pick it up next time :)

Cool set. I have the black one. The steel nib has a very gratifying, springy feel. It lays down ink with a surprising amount of character.

Very nice, Sarge! enjoy them all!

I have Red M205, my first Pelikan, coming in from Japan. I can't wait to try it out. Looking at it from your photographs, I predict I'll like it very much!

Thank you for showing us your M205 series, Sarge!

I predict you will too, PG2000!! My red 205 arrived from Australia yesterday. I have the Medium - seems finer than my other medium and close to some of my fines. (the photo is a fine, decided I wanted a medium and he could swap with something else)

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Fountain%20Pens/176-PelikanM205Crimson_zps6bfcdd11.jpg

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

Hi sargetalon,

I´ve the light blue M205 Demo, too. It looks like the filling mechanism is made from white plastic. My has a black mechanism inside.

Is it a special or repaired pen? Can you explain the difference?

Thank you

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

From my M200 series collection there is no white piston and all of them are black ones. And the demonstrator ones (exclude the M800s and M1000) are the same.