Pen Posse At Peyton Street Pens (Santa Cruz, Ca) - Nov 2

terim

We just completed our pen studio/workshop and we’re ready to host a little get together. Come by and meet your fellow pen lovers, and don’t forget to bring any pens you have questions about or issues with, because odds are that someone can help.

Date/Time: Saturday November 2nd, from noon till around 6pm.

Where: 239 Peyton Street, Santa Cruz ( see https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=239+Peyton+Street,+Santa+Cruz,+CA)

Food: We’ll start serving food and snacks around 1pm.

Since we don't have a pen show in San Francisco this year, this might help a bit with the withdrawal symptoms.....

See you on the 2nd!

TERI

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• FarmBoy

• terim

• bleair

While at the Peyton Street Posse can someone tell me what I missed? A mini review of sorts.

Dazed and confused

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

While at the Peyton Street Posse can someone tell me what I missed? A mini review of sorts.

Dazed and confused

Me too... Won't make this one...

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Sorry that we'll be missing you on Saturday! I know Nivardo has a very peculiar Parker filigree in red hard rubber that he wanted to show to Farmboy and get some advice ......

FarmBoy will be there. He will as always be confused as he doesn't know the FB side of the review story.

FarmBoy also likes old Parkers.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I'd love to come by; except that I'll have a visitor who has no interest in pens. I'll have to think of a really good excuse.

So, color me tentative, but woild really like to look a the soquel ebonites.

This sounds great.

It's just that ugg Nov 2 is the same day that Flax has its pen "faire"... I've gotta stick with the posse, but bummer on missing trying out various modern pens, supposedly there will be reps coming from Omas, Graf v, Auroa, and Visconti.. not that I need any of that sort of temptation. :)

Definitely looking forward to seeing the posse again and the new Peyton studio.

Well... I don't want to strut like a pouncy peacock, but Leigh R will be in attendance at this Pen Posse. I hope she will not mind my insistence that she demonstrate her gorgeous calligraphy, "this time for the camera!"

Perhaps I will bring TWO cameras.

There are many Pen Posses that you could miss (all y'all) and catch up at the next one, but this one? Leigh R is coming to THIS one.

Leigh R of gorgous calligraphy renown. We are very lucky she is in town (rhyme unintended).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Oh, I totally agree with you.. I'm looking forward to this...

I was just more whiny about how the concentration of pen activity is like a 11 on this one day, where normally it's like 2 or 3 for months at a time. :)

I also agree, bring two cameras.. not to make anyone feel uncomfortable, it's purely meant as respect and wow, such nice writing.

I suspect most already know, but in case you're curious look at this blog post for example

http://www.leighreyes.com/?p=2865

The writing in this post is just so.. I dunno how to describe...pleasing to the eye... It's rather inspirational.

So my first FP was a noodler's creeper "flex" pen... and then I discovered vintage flex (real flex) and how one's writing can look and I just was blown away. I searched (well, and do search ) for the topic because it was such a cool unexpected part of using a FP... and now I have so many bookmarks of Leigh R's great comments and oh so amazing handwriting and just descriptions of how various pens write and do or don't flex.. so much good stuff. As I learn more about different makes of pens and styles the stuff I bookmarked keeps coming in handy.

It's an aside, but I now also see how this affliction, oops, I mean hobby, sure can escalate as I'm now wonder struck by Nayaka's pens and maki-e. :)

Edited by bleair

One of the best ever!

I am WIPED out. Photos will have to wait 'til next week (unless... hahaha, no, probably not before next week) (at least my photos will have to wait), but WOW, what a great time!

It was so wonderful to meet our famous Leigh R who is so talented and kind and friendly - just a wonderful person, as you probably imagined by her posts and videos and blog.

And TeriM's new Peyton Street Pens - Wow! What a warm and cozy and light ambiance - a great place to hang out and talk pens and try them and ink and buy pens (hahaha!) (photos of the Ranga Soquel forthcoming!). Thank you, Teri and Nivardo and everyone at Peyton Street Pens for hosting a great Pen Posse. And EXTRA THANK YOU for pushing up the date so that I could attend. Thank you, thank you!

As for usual Posse -- all y'all rock, as usual. NO SURPRISE THERE.

I <3 PEN POSSE.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Yesterday's meet up was so much fun! Thank you TeriM for hosting. Your pen studio is awesome! It was a honor to see LeighR in action, I could just watch her practice her beautiful writing for hours. :) Everyone was so kind and friendly! Thank you for being so welcoming to a newbie! This was only my second time going to a meet up but I definitely have got bitten by the fountain pen bug!

Christina :D