Diamine Meadow

cybaea

This is a beautiful and versatile ink, perhaps the younger and certainly lighter brother of Diamine Evergreen? I highly recommend this ink.

USAGE

DAILY WRITER: Yes, very (very) likely.

BUSINESS USE: Yes, as a friendly green that doesn't go baby-toy friendly. (Though beware of negative feelings towards green letters in some cultures, i.e. Great Britain.)

ILLUSTRATIONS: Yes - it stands out without overwhelming

NOTES: Very much so

PERSONAL: Yes, very welcome

LOVE LETTERS: If green can ever be used for love letters, surely this is it?

PERFORMANCE

FEATHERING: 2/4 - slight feathering is visible to the naked eye on inkjet paper

BLEEDTHROUGH: 3/4 - only with wide wet nibs on cheaper inkjet paper

SHADING: 2/4 - very pleasant

SHEEN: 0/4 - none seen

WATERPROOF: 3/4

FLOW: Medium - high

DRYING TIME: 3/4

FADE RESISTANCE: 3-4/4 - no change on cartridge paper after one week in the window; sightly paler on Rhodia but no noticeable colour shift.

REVIEW

(The more I use Rhodia paper the less I like it, which is quite possible heresy here. But in any case: the paper for the review is Sigel No IP150 100 gsm bright white inkjet paper.)

Lamy Safari 1.1 mm and Pilot Parallel 6.0 mm

fpn_1377613307__diamine-meadow.jpg

WRITING SAMPLES

Favourite combination: 1.1 mm nib on cartridge.

(As usual, the writing is from today's Office of Readings where we celebrate St Monica, the mother of St Augustine. I went a little overboard with the second reading, i.e. the text on the yellow Rhodia R paper, but it is such a moving story from the Confessions of St Augustine remembering the death of his mother that I couldn't stop myself.)

All writings are with Lamy Safari fine, medium, and 1.1 mm nib; the change is usually marked with a triangle in the text.

CORPORATE STOCK CARTRIDGE PAPER

fpn_1377613364__diamine-meadow-cartridge

ON RHODIA NO 18 DOTPAD

(For 'backwards compatibility', I have included some writing with the 6 mm Pilot parallel.)

fpn_1377613526__diamine-meadow-rhodia.jp

ON RHODIA 'R' NO 19

(I already mentioned why I went a little overboard with the sample here.)

(A mild unsharp mask has been applied here (only) - the scanner struggles with the lower contrast.)

fpn_1377613696__diamine-meadow-rhodia-r-

fpn_1377613776__diamine-meadow-rhodia-r-

I hope this helps.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cybaea

• georges zaslavsky

• Quill1

• Virobono

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of which surprises me as I usually have to have the contrast of darker inks.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

This ink should make people that like lots of shading happy and the name fits the color. However it doesn't do a thing for me.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Such a cheerful green! It's a pity I find it a little hard to read.

It looks better in reality. I have to figure out how to do better scans.

fpn_1377618630__diamine-meadow-cartridge

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Such a cheerful green! It's a pity I find it a little hard to read.

I also found that to be the case when I tried a sample of it last year (although it was better than Diamine Kelly Green, which is even lighter -- that ink was *completely* illegible, IMO... :wallbash:).

I'm considering seeing if I can add a drop or two of something darker (but still on the yellow side of the spectrum, such as PR Avocado) to the rest of my sample of Meadow, to deepen the color a bit.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Some one sent me a sample...a horrid ink, murky, feathers alot.

Mine is not even in the same world as yours.

Even if yours looks good...I could get the same as that sample that had one pen full and way more than enough.

My worst ink.

When I get my new computer and a scanner next month I'll try to remember to come back.

Lamy Green beat it in a 9 green ink test.

It finished do last it broke it's leg before getting into the starting gate

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I like this ink very much, and have been using it daily for a couple of weeks, though not at work.

Incidentally, whilst the use green ink is considered by some in the UK to be a faux pas, this is not the case in the British military, where green ink is traditionally the preserve of very senior officers as it allows one to see instantly their notes on a document. There are some who still do it; I recently briefed a Brigadier, who made notes in a Moleskine notebook using green ink in a Parker 51.

• 1 month later...

a very nice and light green :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Thanks for the review and sharing, I like this shade of green a lot, it will be my next 'treat' can't wait to start using it :)

Montblanc: 146 75th Anniversary, 147 Le Grande, Doue Solitaire

Parker: Gold Duofold Centennial, Sonnet Fougere

Visconti Bronze Homo-Sapien

Waterman Edson Sapphire Blue