Diamine Jade Green

cybaea

Please reduce the brightness of your monitor before looking at the review scan :)

This is another green for those who like them bright and in your face. Lovely colour in a broad nib though it can be a little hard to control the shading as you can see.

USAGE

DAILY WRITER: No

BUSINESS USE: Very unlikely

ILLUSTRATIONS: Maybe for headlines and such?

NOTES: Unlikely - it is too pale to be easy to read.

PERSONAL: No, except for special effects.

LOVE LETTERS: No.

PERFORMANCE

(All are scored 0-4)

FEATHERING: 4/4 - not even the 6 mm Pilot Parallel on inkjet paper feathers.

BLEEDTHROUGH: 3/4 - very good on all papers

SHADING: 4/4 - possibly too much for some

SHEEN: 0/4 - none seen (but I am not good at sheen :()

WATERPROOF: 0/4 - obliterated; please drink water responsibly around this ink

FADING: 3/4 - slight colour change after 3 days in window

REVIEW

Lamy Safari 1.1 mm on Rhodia with Pilot Parallel 6.0 mm for heading

fpn_1376456353__diamine-jade-green.jpg

WRITING SAMPLES

Lamy Fine, Medium, and 1.1 mm on various papers; pen changes marked with arrows where they happen within a line. Text is from today's Office of Readings.

Corporate 'cartridge' stock

fpn_1376456437__diamine-jade-green-cartr

Rhodia No 18 dotpad

fpn_1376456486__diamine-jade-green-rhodi

Rhodia R No 19

fpn_1376456527__diamine-jade-green-rhodi

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cybaea

• amberleadavis

• corniche

• milanjuza

Thanks for the review!

Wow, that is very bright indeed! And it seems the heavy shading makes is very hard to read, especially on cream paper. It's interesting that it does not seem to feather at all.

USAGE

DAILY WRITER: No

BUSINESS USE: Very unlikely

ILLUSTRATIONS: Maybe for headlines and such?

NOTES: Unlikely - it is too pale to be easy to read.

PERSONAL: No, except for special effects.

LOVE LETTERS: No.

Hello Cybaea,

Sounds like the perfect ink! :rolleyes:

Actually, thanks for posting this- these lime/spring greens fascinate me- they always take me back to the '70s.

All the best,

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hello Cybaea,

Sounds like the perfect ink! :rolleyes:

Actually, thanks for posting this- these lime/spring greens fascinate me- they always take me back to the '70s.

All the best,

:P Don't give up on it so easily. It makes a vibrant highlighter. It makes great, eye-catching headlines. With a cotton bud you can control the shading and then it is great for colouring (I assume a brush would also work but have not tried). It doesn't bleed and it doesn't fade. In the Ahab from my Light Green review it would probably make a lovely daily writer. This is an ink for flex!

Would be interested in how other people are using it.

Glad you found the review interesting. Next one is a darker green.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Great review. Although I do like the colour, I guess because it is very bright, it doesnt temind me of any jade at all. The real stones I've ever seen were all very much darker, tending towards blue. What this ink does remind me of is R&K's Alt-Goldgrün.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

:P Don't give up on it so easily. It makes a vibrant highlighter. It makes great, eye-catching headlines. With a cotton bud you can control the shading and then it is great for colouring (I assume a brush would also work but have not tried). It doesn't bleed and it doesn't fade. In the Ahab from my Light Green review it would probably make a lovely daily writer. This is an ink for flex!

Would be interested in how other people are using it.

Glad you found the review interesting. Next one is a darker green.

Hello Cybaea,

It probably would make a great highlighter ink with a broad calligraphy nib. The next time I'm ordering Diamine 30s, I may toss this one in as well. I'll put Simon and Garfunkel on the turntable and be back home again. :D

All the best,

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Thanks for the review. Love the shading, hate the color. I had trouble with legibility with Kelly Green and suspect that this would be far worse. As for a highlighter color, I can see that -- but at the moment I'm happy with Noodler's Dragon Catfish Green (a sample was just the right amount to try in a cheapie eyedropper brush pen).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Wow, I love greens, but I sometimes wonder about Diamine's names. This color is not jade. I have never seen jade in that color. The review was great (thank you). I will now have to swing over to see if it has any fade resistance, because my first guess would be ... no.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Wow, I love greens, but I sometimes wonder about Diamine's names. This color is not jade. I have never seen jade in that color. The review was great (thank you). I will now have to swing over to see if it has any fade resistance, because my first guess would be ... no.

I gave it 3/4 for fade resistance. Perfectly reliable for most scenarios.

That's pretty amazing, considering that many yellows fade instantly.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

That's pretty amazing, considering that many yellows fade instantly.

:nods: it was not what I expected, but see for yourself: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/250572-all-diamine-inks-mini-fade-test/

It did fade, but is perfectly usable. (Memo to self: must upload the 3 days absorbent paper and the 7 days fade tests....)

:) I did go look. I was pleasantly surprised because yellows are often faders. Thanks again for the great work you did on the Diamine Tests!