Classic Fountain Pens Tea Time Magnum Se (By Bexley)

ravantra

I was looking for a fatter than normal fountain pen and came across Classic Fountain Pens Tea Time Magnum Special Edition (By Bexley). This is a nice fat good looking pen. It comes with what looks like a #6 nib in a 1.3mm stub. I measured the stub and it is actually a 1.2mm two toned stub. I had it adjusted to a wet 8/10 flow. I may have gone a little too wet for some inks. I tried the pen with DeA Aubergine and it was a gusher. I next tried Diamine Ancient Copper and the pen flow just a tad wetter than "just right". I also plan a on using some of the "drier" inks I have.

The pen as mentioned has a nice girth 0.57" (14.5mm) at the barrel and 0.46" (11.7mm) at the barrel. The cap is 0.63" (16mm). The pen is 5.5" capped and 5" long uncapped. The pen weighs 25 grams in total.

http://allegroarchitects.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Awesome-Photos/i-nb5fm5S/0/M/CA_07271315230435-M.jpg

Some writing with Diamine Ancient Copper. This ink works well with this pen.

http://allegroarchitects.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Awesome-Photos/i-3nXdjW5/0/M/CA_07271315232652-M.jpg

I like the color combination of this pen.

http://allegroarchitects.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Awesome-Photos/i-sHsMhtr/0/M/CA_07271315241110-M.jpg

Pen capped.

http://allegroarchitects.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Awesome-Photos/i-hsGbML8/0/M/CA_07271315243381-M.jpg

Pen uncapped. I don't post my pens so no pics with the pen posted. Sorry.

http://allegroarchitects.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Awesome-Photos/i-4ctTZSV/0/M/CA_07271315250779-M.jpg

Very nice 18K two toned nib with a bit of flex.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ravantra

• zebra baker

• rvthof

• SB129

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a very striking color combination -- and pen! I'm always surprised there aren't more red and black pens.

Thanks for sharing your photos and impressions.

Edited by zebra baker

It is a very striking color combination -- and pen! I'm always surprised there aren't more red and black pens.

Thanks for sharing your photos and impressions.

Thank you. I could never get a solid red pen but this combination works for me.

What is the filling mechanism, I assume c/c? Also, the cap seems a little larger than those on most pens, does it make the pen top heavy when capped or does it have little effect?

"SB129 knows his (bleep)"
-Gerald Ford, Sept. 1981-

What is the filling mechanism, I assume c/c? Also, the cap seems a little larger than those on most pens, does it make the pen top heavy when capped or does it have little effect?

It is a c/c filler and uses international cartridges. The cap is quite a bit larger in diameter than the barrel. Beside my TWSBI mini and my Parker 51 I never cap my pens when writing. To me writing with a capped pen is always awkward unless the pen is too small to hold uncapped. Writing with this capped I would guess would be even more awkward.

Edited by ravantra

That's a great looking pen!

I had a Bexley and loved the stub nib, but found the pen body a bit light/small for my taste.

This one looks like a great combination, congratulations

Rob

Thank you rvthof!

This one is not small. The diameter is quite sizable. I have very large hands and prefer larger pens and diameters.