Parker Premier - Deluxe

watch_art

Wow! You have a Parker Premier?

No I don't. It would be nice - but no. :)

But I AM putting up a quick review on one.

gallery_41188_23_12323.jpg

gallery_41188_23_6772.jpg

gallery_41188_23_71650.jpg

gallery_41188_23_194354.jpg

In fact it made it so hard I went just last night (or the night before? short memory) and FOUND ONE! I'm now the proud owner of a gold 75 Insignia! Or I will be when it gets here. :)

gallery_41188_23_66789.jpg

gallery_41188_23_242394.jpg

gallery_41188_23_19650.jpg

gallery_41188_23_28120.jpg

gallery_41188_23_89638.jpg

gallery_41188_23_65831.jpg

gallery_41188_23_26972.jpg

gallery_41188_23_7288.jpg

Vanness has several of these in different finishes and styles. Very cool line of pens. I especially like the rubber versions.

This is my favorite, though.

https://vanness1938.com/?q=writing-instrument-detail/FMB/ParkerPremierBlackftn

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• robofkent

• Tancred

• Brian C

Neh...I just can't get into these modern Parkers. Well, except for the Duofolds. I like the Centennial and the International.

Edited by heraclitus682

I absolutely love my "modern" Parker 75's. I have three Sterling Silver Ciselles and Three Parker Premier 75's. The triangular grip section makes them just so comfortable to write with and they are so easy to maintain. I haven't had a chance to try any of the new Parker Premiers, but after reading this, I'm off to have a look at them! Thanks for the review.

Tried the premier with a fine and meidum nib but litterally hated it like anything made in the 90's and the 00's by Parker. I had a Duofold Centennial which was a horrible writer that I had to sell it. The only good modern Parker I have written with was a french made 75 with an italic fine nib. Otherwise my Parker preferences go to the 20's to the early 50's which were the best Parker years.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 1 month later...

Despite much mocking of modern Parkers on FPN I got a great deal on Amazon and got a Parker Premier Black Edition fountain for around half the usual price. Here it is - absolutely beautiful.

Very good review, liked how it was hand written and the pictures were of good.

However am I the only one who thinks the cap looks like a lamp shade? This puts me off as I'm not a fan of the cap shape.

I m thinking of getting one. Do you know where it is made?

Edited by Henrique Taira

thx for showing it, Shawn!

it reminds me of shogun armor:

http://www.japanese-armor.com/images/products/b010.jpg

tho', very elaborate, does not match -the pen that is- cap, barrel, section...

Parker premiers are great looking pens. Thanks for Watch_art for such a detailed explanation!!!

This fall Parker is coming out with more new Premier version of the Premier Pens. Luxury Brown PGT, Luxury Black CT, Soft Brown GT. My favorite is luxury brown PGT retails around $525 for FP,$420 for RB and $360 for BP.

Sorry for the delay in posting picture, but I was "FPN picture challenged" :mellow:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/9646322921_41ea45da8f_b.jpg

thank you,

Leena Menon

Edited by PenBoutique

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• 1 year later...

Seems like Modern Parkers get almost as much abuse as Mont Blancs, doesn't it? Now what is beautiful and what is ugly is certainly a personal choice but when I hear complaints about the nibs that really makes my head spin. Do I doubt it happened, no. But what I don't buy is Parker for one not making it right. I for one certainly wouldn't pay $300+ for a pen just to have something to complain about.

• 1 month later...

I have a Premier and it's an excellent pen. It might not have the long history of the Duofold but it deserves to be right up there as one of the best Parker models of recent years, certainly better than the late and unlamented 100, which was a real dog.