Anyone Have Knox Pens (Plato, Aristotle, Galileo)?

Miles R.

Its been over a month now so I thought I would give a follow up on both the Aristotle and the Galileo pen from xfountainpens. Both of these pens I have taken to work on a regular basis. I work for Goodwill managing a retail store and one of the things that I value in any work pen is staying attached to my shirt as I sort through donations and write when I want it to write.

I have three of the Aristotle Pens. It is a medium heavy pen metal pen with a snap cap. Have had no issues with the cap coming off but it does not post well at all if you like to write with your pen posted. It is also top heavy with the cap posted so most of the writing that I do is unposted. The Knox nib was smooth out of the box on all three with no skipping or flow issues to report. Even with the wider size nib I have had very little starting issues with a variety of different inks. The clip is springy and no issues with it coming unclipped from my shirt. Other than the posting issue I am very pleased with this pen and it is used quite often.

The Galileo. I have one of these in the muted blue color with a oblique double broad nib. The Galileo is a lighter weight pen then the Aristotle I would call a medium weight metal pen. It is a bit slimmer than the Aristotle. Again I have experienced no issues with the Knox nib at all with skipping or starting again with trying a variety of inks. Writing with this pen posted is pleasant, it is a little top heavy but just a bit, and the cap post securely. It is also a snap cap pen and I have had no issues with it coming uncapped and it attaches well to your shirt.

Honestly I am very pleased with both of these pens. I prefer to write with the cap posted so I lean abit to the Galileo for that reason but like the girth of the Aristotle more than the slimness of the Galileo. I would purchase more of either one and have found them both an excellent value for the money.

Thanks for the report, Motomo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miles R.

• Harlequin

• Motomo

• wastelanded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm new to the fountain pen world and just acquired an Aristotle from xfountainpens as well. I got it with the fine size nib, but feel I would prefer the even smaller extra-fine nib. However, I can't seem to find any information about this pen and whether or not the nib can be changed. Given all the sizes available, I have to think it can be changed, but perhaps not. In any event, short of just pulling on the nib/feeder assembly (no ink of course), how would I be able to tell?

I very much enjoy writing with this pen, as well as the Bulow x750 and the Lamy Safari that started this all up for me. I can tell some differences between them in the nibs and of course the weight, but other than that, I am quite happy with all of them. Still looking for that perfect blue, but that's for another forum (and I've seen the thread on that color too).

• 1 month later...

I recently got the Galileo (Cherry Red, M nib). Fantastic pen, has a decent weight to it. My favorite part is that the weight seems to be concentrated at the grip section, so even when the cap is posted it remains well balanced. Attractive design and color, definite class without being too flashy.

Its not a large pen, the nib and grip are about the same size as my Baoer 388. (In fact, I wonder if I could replace the scratchy baoer nib with a super-smooth knox K26...)

The nib and feed work well out of the box, just make sure to do a thorough cleaning before inking it up. Very smooth. If I had to do it again, I'd probably get a fine or an extra fine nib, so I may be ordering a replacement nib and try to swap them.

post-101588-0-75514500-1366248183.jpg

• 8 months later...