Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Ive been a member here for several years, but until recently, was unable to visit much due to serious ill health issues over the past couple of years.

I came on a couple of weeks ago and posted that I was getting better finally, and hoped to be around much more. Stupid me. The next day I was rushed back to hospital and had to have emergency surgery, almost ending up in ITU.

So, Im home again but really not well, and recovery is likely to take several weeks.

I would love, love, love, love! to get letters from you all. esp those who have known me awhile. Please PM me for my address if you are interested in cheering me up! I may not be able to write more than a postcard in return. But I will try and reply to you all.

Cheers

Tawanda!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This sounds like a great idea and also a great excuse for me to write more with my new pen (TWISBI diamond 580).

My name is Matthew and i live in Wales.

i am 22 years old and am studying computer networks.

i like movies, reading books although i still go to the teen section at the book store.

i'm a fan of card games especially magic the gathering.

i don't really have any hobbies that make me stand out from other people my age.

i play games, go skating every know and then and spend time with friends.

i listen to music alot and listen to bits of anything from old songs such as George Formby to more modern music like the band 'Lower than Atlantis'.

if anybody is interested in exchanging letters feel free to PM me.

thanks for your time,

:D

Ill give this a go!

Im a Deaf guy living in Texas, i love random things and i know a lot of useless information, refer to my profile if you want,

PM Me and we can exchange some letters i could practice letter writing

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Hi All!

I am Jeremy, 28 years old and currently residing in South Australia.

I am into paper culture in a BIG way!

My earliest childhood endeavours were in folding origami (I still do) and in reading. The sense of touching paper and a book's distinctive smell means a lot to me.

Continuing on the paper trail, I collected stamps and postal stationeries. I read the Gibbons Stamp Magazine for the wonderful immersion into the stream of envelopes, intriguing stamps and postmarks.

In this respect, I have exchanged postcards with other members on this website and through Postcrossing.

Of late, I have taken up art; I draw and paint as much as possible and am looking into trying my hand at printmaking.

I am also into photography, especially in film (though I have got a digital camera). I have mainly shot street and some still life and adore the texture and grain of Black & White prints.

Outside of the paper world, I listen to classical music and musical theatres. Sitting through an opera with the full score in your hands is a revelation........

There now, I haven't quite escaped from the paper world!

And back from where I started in origami, I have learned to love all things Japanese (its arts, cooking) and would love to correspond with members in Japan. Please write in english, though as I am still learning the language

I would love to start exchanging letters with anyone interested. Please PM me your address and we will start right away.

If possible, could interested members use aerogrammes? I am trying to collect as many examples as possible before they are discontinued. I know it's not the best paper for a fountain pen and simply wouldn't mind if you use a ball point.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.

Edited by jeremy15
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

Hi everyone.

My name is Adam and I'm a 32 year old married father of 2 living in Northamptonshire in England. I work in IT

Other than the pens and paper my interests include ham radio (I've been licensed for a coupe of years now), off-roading in my Jeep, and collecting dice but I enjoy chatting about a wide variety of topics.

I've been into pens for a while now and have recently found that letter exchange is a great way to find out about other people and different places while getting to play with my favourite pens.

If you'd like to start exchanging letters and chat about anything at all just drop me a PM

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hello,

I'm C.S.Rae and 22 years old from NY :>

I'm looking for new penpals. I'm currently interested in art, games, writing, reading, fountain pens, collecting stationery, MMOs (FFXIV) tea, tech, and Sherlock. I like both modern and vintage fountain pens. Some kinds of stationery I like to collect are Japanese notebooks, Rhodia pads, decorative scrap papers, and journals. I have one pet cat who sleeps too much.

Please send a PM if you are interested in a letter exchange. I don't mind if you're domestic or international writer as long as you like writing and receiving mail. I can write first if you prefer too.

Edited by Csrae

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

I am a nearly-50 y/o father of three (23, 19, 13) who is fortunate enough to be married to the best woman on the planet. I have an M.A. in Theology and work as a Secondary school English/Language Arts teacher. My political leanings are Libertarian/Constitutionalist, but I have zero patience for Liberals or anyone else who cannot reason in a straight line. I enjoy reading, gardening, and other things that don't bear mentioning. Television is not one of them, except for Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, and reruns of Firefly & All Creatures Great And Small.

Edited by Maccabeus

Lux in Obscuro Sumus

Hi, I'm a little apprehensive about this, but I am an avid FP fan (both modern and vintage) and I would love to have the excuse to write more, I'm just not sure what to write to a pen pal about!

I'm 39, living in Switzerland and working in IT / finance. At home I'm married with two small girls (2.5y and 10m) and my spare time at the moment is pretty much taken up with Masters studies. I'm currently writing lots about technology strategy and worrying about a research / dissertation topic that I need to find before the end of the year. When I'm not studying I tend to be reading, smoking cigars, watching football (or soccer as some would call it), F1 or cycling - and if I ever get time - riding my mountain / road bikes.

Feel free to PM me.

Still looking for 1 more person to exchange letters with - outside of the US would be preferred but not a must.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem (Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even)http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Hello,

I am originally from Japan.

Lived 10 years in Texas and now in Toronto since 2009.

I'm 32 married and father to 2 kids (3 y.o. girl and 1 y.o. boy).

I'm a registered nurse. I love to snowboard and mountain bike...although haven't been able to do much since having the kids.

I'm hoping to have a couple of people that I can write to so that I can use all the nice ink & paper I have that keeps growing in number LOL.

PM me for address.

KG

Edited by uchinanchukg

Hello,

I'm Giovanni, 17 and living in America.

I'm fairly new to fountain pens (1 year!), and I've never had a pen pal but would love to get one. I'm into many things, most of them related to either the fantasy genre or history. My interests include Lord of the Rings (predominantly the books, but also the movies), the Wheel of Time series, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Poetry, Star Wars, swords, and movies in general. Things I enjoy conversing about include but are not limited to historical connections between things (i.e the development of the shape and make of swords as different cultures interacted), etymology of certain words, languages in general, movies, books etc. I also aspire to be a film director or a film historical consultant. If you share any of my interests, or even if you don't but still are interested in corresponding, feel free to PM me!

I'm 29 years old, married, with a toddler. My interests--other than fountain pens (and ink!)--include reading, especially anything in the science fiction or fantasy genre (I love Brandon Sanderson, Brent Weeks, Brian McClelland, Pat Rothfuss, et al and have recently begun reading the Lost Fleet series), philosophy, semitic languages, ancient near eastern studies and anime. I'd love to find 2-3 pen pals from anywhere in the world. I currently live in the continental US.

Now that life has settled for me I'd like to take up writing to pen pals again. I'm 30 years old and live in Indianapolis. I work in the information technology field and am engaged with one kiddo (15months). I enjoy reading Sci-fi/Fantasy and non-fiction covering interesting history or science topics, watching television, playing video games (if I can find time), spending time with my fiancé and daughter exploring Indy and our neighboring cities. I used to be heavily into photography and anime but haven't spent much time with either lately.

I would enjoy conversing with someone on another continent, but if you'd like to talk about life, the universe, and everything feel free to PM me regardless of location!

Hello,

I'm 18 and would love to participate in some letter exchanges.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and have a great deal of interests (Besides fountain pens that is). To name a few, I love fancy timepieces, Turntables and vinyl records, literature, football (soccer), history (Revolutions particularly) and music (mostly obscure, beautiful music but some mainstream jazz and rock gets in too). I love cats, colour and fun things! I watch a few Television programs, particularly Hannibal, Community, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. For an Australian, I have many unusual hobbies, which include hunting (guns and bows), swords and my obsessions as an inkophile and audiophile.

I have travelled to France, Turkey, Belgium, The Netherlands and India in the last two years, but I would love to read (and see) more of the world, so this is a great place to start.

I am content to write about anything and everything, nothing stands in the way of emotion and expression. That is why I would love to correspond via mail. I have only received one personal letter in the last two years (from a friend), so I would much rather make it a regular thing.

As you can see, I love writing and honestly, I would be happy to communicate with anyone, local or abroad, and would love to hear from some people of similar age (but not restricted to). Anyone who would like to communicate through traditional means is welcome! Feel free to send a PM my way, we can sort something out.

:D

Edited by UnLondon

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

- T.E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia)

Skylar.

(My flag says Canada, but I don't live there yet. I am very forgetful so I just set my flag to that so I won't forget to change it once I move.)

I always wanted a pen pal, preferrably one with common interests :)

I love music, am a musician and a singer myself. I love online games. I am a new nail technician and artist, slowly improving my skills. I recently (well, not really, it's been boiling somewhere deep in my heart for the past 4 or so years) have started being super interested by FP's and am slowly getting addicted. Who am I kidding? The past 3 days have been full of watching videos about FP's, reading about them, and looking them up on every possible website. Almost tempted to spend all my money on a collection this very moment ^^"..

Don't have an FP yet, gonna have it in a month or so, and once I do I'll only write with it :3 until then, if you wanna become penpals, I'll use my pink 0.4 ballpoint :)

Small edit: (I edit this overtime if I remember something I could write while reading the thread :P)

I forgot to mention, ASIANS! I am a huge fan of Korean and Japanese music and dramas, and I love anime. If any of you are koreans \ japanese, and would be sweet enough to also teach me your language and be friends, I'll melt right away :D

I am soon to be 18 (August 11 ;) ) teenager who has big dreams. I am a very lazy person tbh, so I might take a while to answer (snail mail? I'm the snail), but I will eventually :)

Also, I enjoy science, and I love learning. I enjoy some intelligent conversations, as well as just casual chat. I'm also a sucker for books. Don't own many, but if I could my whole room would be filled wall to wall, floor to ceiling, and in any tiny hole.

I'm pretty sure this'll be important to many of you - I am an Atheist and anti theist. I do my best to be a reasonable and rightful person. I am friendly towards religious people, but not towards their religion. I respect you, but not your beliefs. if you've got a problem with that, I'd rather you don't PM me, as I wouldn't like to disappoint.

Another thing I enjoy is TV. I don't watch much of it, but when I do I try to either watch good stuff or really funny stuff. My top fave shows are House, Dexter (although the ending was terrible!), Criminal Minds, Orange is the New Black. Movie wise, I love many of Leonardo DiCaprio's movies, although I am not interested as much in the actor himself. I also watch other movies, those are just things I could think of on top of my head.

I will stop editing this, too much information! :)

Edited by SkylarKnight

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png
Hey! I'm Skylar! I am quite new to all of this, but am a very friendly person :3
If you wanna exchange snail-mail, my 'about me' in on page 51 on the snail mail list, and if you like what you see - pm me!

Hi everyone, my name is Andy and I am a 30 year old Male from Adelaide, South Australia.

I have a few penpals already but would love a few more, receiving handwritten letters in the post is SO much better than bills biggrin.gif I really enjoy sending them as well.

My interests are photography (although I am not very good), geocaching, computers, pathtags, and cycling.

I work in the Public Transport Services sector here in Adelaide.

Can't guarantee on the legibility of my writing, depends on the day, but I am trying to improve it.

Just a quick bump, already have some great penpals, but always have room for a few more :)

-Andy

Hello lovely people,

I am new to FPN but have been dabbling in pens for almost a year now, and I would love to have a couple pen pals to converse with. I'm a college student (1 more semester!) studying literature and music, and I love all things crafty (knitting, crochet, sewing, jewelry-making, etc). Working in the retail industry pays the bills for now, but I'm hoping to find a more inspiring career once I've obtained my degree. I enjoy talking about history, literature (obviously), comics, video games, and science, just to name a few. I'm happy to write to anybody about anything, but it would be especially cool if there's anyone who would be able to help me improve my French! Feel free to PM me!

-Bonita

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

Hello all I am new to the fountain pen world my name is David and I would love to receieve snail mail from members. I am 40 and a student in university I am graduating soon so I will have time to write.I also have a black belt in Judo I love reading and writing Hope to hear from someone soon.

Edited by PoeticMastery

Hello!

I'm 18 (and a half), living in a fjord in Northern Norway where the sun never sets during summer (messing up my sleeping pattern!) and the northern lights flicker during winter.

My biggest passion is animals. My interest in them is sometimes too much for me to handle. I used to ride horses, I was fairly good at it, but then life happened and I haven't ridden regularly in years. I dream about getting back in the saddle on a regular basis, and I also dream about going to Iceland. I have a big soft spot for Icelandic horses. I'm a vegetarian, I want to study animal behaviour and become an ethologist, and I enjoy walks in the forest with my dog.

When I want to forget about the world, I read books, listen to music (preferably vinyls), write, research stuff on the internet and organize everything around me.

I'm one of those silent people that like to spend time in the library, but I'm also highly opinionated and probably think (and worry) way too much. I don't like loud sounds and bright lights, but I do enjoy a good concert once in a while.

I'm very new to fountain pens, but it's an interest I know will linger, and I'd enjoy having a pen pal. PM me if you're interested!

Edited by indigositrus

I've never tried the penpal thing before. I'm interested to try it now. I'm pretty open as far as penpals.

I'm 38. I teach math and science in a rural high school in western North Dakota that covers a district larger than the state of Rhode Island. Our K-12 enrollment is 450 students, which should give you some idea! I got my degree in Physics back on the east coast. I moved to North Dakota just to try it: an adventure while I was young. 15 years later, I'm still on that adventure and have no plans to end it. Currently I teach Algebra 1 (my junior high class), Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, but I've taught all the sciences and math courses from grades 7 up through dual credit Calculus.

Aside from my teaching, I have a great many interests. One of the benefits of teaching, even if it makes me a bit over-busy in the winter, is that I get time to indulge those interests. Among them are: writing novels (science fiction), language (currently Mandarin Chinese), gardening, my religious faith, working on my house, photography (sports and landscape), reading, and small scale (not minimalist) living.

My writing is currently unpublished, though there is always hope. I'm on the third draft of my tenth novel. I've never made it through this many drafts, so I'm excited about the potential in this one. I write a very low-key science fiction. I try to keep the science good, but it's not steady action or weirdness. It's about people, human relationships, and religion in a futuristic setting. Even the futuristic setting is misleading because I like to write about the people on the low end. The hero of my current novel has a father was was designed in a lab, works on a spaceship, but he was raised in a 2-room shack built of scrap that has an outhouse. I'm not writing the next Star Wars!

My religion is important to me. I'm not "in your face" but I know relgious faith bothers some people, so I thought I should mention it. I am Christian and attend a small church located 15 miles from the nearest paved road. The church has no plumbing, but it does have two outhouses. This may have influenced my novel. I even preach at the church occasionally. We're a great group of people who love God.

I'm no carpenter, but I love to learn and I love to work with my hands. I own a 672 square foot home that is unique in this neighborhood due to its size. This is the only "original" house left. All the others in the neighborhood have been replaced by newer homes. My house is not architecturally significant in any way, but it is surprisingly well built. I have been repainting it, installing trim, and doing various renovation jobs including flooring and walls. I just wish I knew more. I also garden. Since the house is so small, I have lots of land to garden in!

Photography is the other big passion. I take lots of events and sports pictures at the high school. Some of these get published in the paper. In fact, a previous editor paid me for my photography and that time funded all of my camera gear. The current editor does not pay me, but I remind myself why I started taking pictures in the first place. I also enjoy landscape photography. A shoulder injury kept me home last year, but I plan to get out more this year. I'm in a great area for photography. If anyone ever said North Dakota is "flat and boring", they obviously never visited the part of North Dakota where I live.

So, let me know if you're interested. I'm curious to try out penpalling. I've written letters to friends before, but never strangers. This could be fun!

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Hi, I'm Stefano, 57 y/o living in Italy, married and with a 19 y/o daughter.

I'm an avid collector of fountain pens, old and used, mostly cheap (never pass the 100€ threshold) and I've recently started learning calligraphy (Italic and Copperplate, more to come).

My job doesn't really leave me much time to practice my hobbies - I work for a *very large* multinational in the information technology industry - which include:

1) calligraphy and anything related to writing instruments (definitely *NOT* computers, I see too many during the workdays)

2) golf

3) lutherie (I used to build guitars, would like to start again)

4) playing guitar (same as above)

5) reading

I'd be glad to exchange mail (I mean, snail-mail, not e-mails) with people around the world, just PM me.

Stefano

Arguing with a woman is like reading a Software License Agreement.

In the end, you ignore everything and click "I Agree".

flying-letter-exc.png