J Herbin Eclat De Saphir

withoutink

You can find the full review on my blog, here is a direct link to the full review: J Herbin Eclat De Saphir Ink Review

Fantastic color from J Herbin... I Love this ink. Great color, very easy to work with. It is a very different ink in different pens.

No Show Through

No Bleed Through

No feathering

A mildly wet ink

Very lubricating (at least in this scratchy nibed pen)

Nice saturation

Great shading in my flex nib

This is yet another J Herbin ink that really just works well. It is an enjoyable blue.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4204340175_089b51bde4_b.jpg

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

withoutink.com | twitter | facebook

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• withoutink

• bossy

• ArchiMark

• Philosophy Student

Thanks. Yes, that's a nice dark blue.

Edited by bossy

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

Thanks for sharing the ink samples and report....very helpful....

Interesting that the ink swatch looks like a brighter blue than the writing samples that look like a dark blue....

Will likely get a bottle to try...been using bleu nuit recently, which is very nice blue....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

wow this is much darker than the bottle I have. Also that brightness is much more bright than the eclat de saphir that I have, This is odd.

wow this is much darker than the bottle I have. Also that brightness is much more bright than the eclat de saphir that I have, This is odd.

Yes, I wonder if the formula has changed. A colleague of mine used to use EdS and it looked a good deal lighter than this.

Viseguy

Much darker than mine too. Could be a wet pen, or the scan is off, as scans are want to be.

This is one of my favorite blues, fairly bright and I can't think of any blues I have that look much like it.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

The nib is a bit wet and worn down... The scan is actually very close to what it looks like in this pen.

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

withoutink.com | twitter | facebook

This is possible one of my favorite blues to write letters with. It is a richly saturated Blue that is not to bright, and on my Pilots has great flow even on the XF nibs. I think it is a must for the shelf of inks.

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

• 1 year later...

This is my go-to ink. I love the color, and it gives me no problems with flow in any of my XF nibs. I always have at least 1 pen inked with this color.

Finally, a place where being obsessed with pens and paper is the norm...

Good review. This is my favourite ink that I use for business in my 145, and also will be using in a Lamy 2000 that I just ordered. Generally well behaved, and a very brilliant blue. I find it behaving better in my pens than the Montblanc Royal Blue, which tends to feather quite a lot on some lower quality papers, and takes ages to dry.

So, I use Herbin all the time ;-)