Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×
You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!
This advert is COMPLETED!

1944 Parker 51 DJ Set (Cordovan)

(0 reviews)

1944 Parker 51 DJ Set (Cordovan)

(0 reviews)

$280

• Advertiser
    Estragon
  • Type of Advert For Sale
  • Item Condition Used
  • Time Left This advert is COMPLETED!
  • Quantity 1
  • Price $280
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

2. 1944 Parker 51 DJ Set (Cordovan Lucite, Lustraloy Caps, GPT, Vacumatic filler, 14k XF nib). Factory box included with the set (see album image). FP measures 5 1/2" capped; matching twist-activated MP 5 1/4" capped. Available only during the first few years of the 51's lifespan, when production numbers were lower, double-jewel models are (ceteris paribus) scarcer and more desirable than their later, single-jewel counterparts. And the burgundy-chestnut color Parker called Cordovan is an bit harder to find today than the more common Black, Grey, and Cedar Blue models. This Cordovan set comes with Lustraloy caps with Blue Diamond arrow clip on the FP signifying Parker's lifetime guarantee. The pen is a Vacumatic filler. To fill, simply unscrew the blindcap, submerse the nib, and depress the plunger. 14k nib lays down a smooth and consistent XF line (see WRITING SAMPLE).

Condition:  No dents or dings to the caps. Surfaces are smooth and lustrous with no deep scratches or other notable blemishes. Gold-plated furniture is clean aside from a sliver of brassing around the blindcap tassie. Manufacturer imprint and date code are very faint, but I was able to make out most of it with a loupe. MP is fully operational, propelling, retracting, and gripping lead as designed. Disassembled, cleaned and restored with new diaphragms, sacs, and seals installed in the last couple weeks. NO CRACKS, CHIPS, PERSONALIZATIONS, LOOSE OR MISSING PARTS, BENT NIB, MISALIGNED TINES, OR CAP CLUTCH ISSUES.

Price: $280

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping: Pens purchased on the weekend are mailed on Tuesday. Otherwise they are mailed within 2 business days of payment. All pens that do not come with their original boxes are packaged in thick PVC tubes to protect them in transit. To CONUS locations the following shipping options are available:

USPS First-Class with tracking for $5 *Due to the delivery delays brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and postmaster general DeJoy, I strongly recommend that the Priority shipping option be chosen. All packages will include full insurance (covered by me). I haven't had any go missing since DeJoy was instated. But rest assured that a full refund is guaranteed (issued through Paypal) in the event of a lost parcel and you will not have to wait until I receive a reimbursement from the USPS.*

USPS Priority with tracking for $8

International Customers: Please contact me for shipping quote if located abroad (delivery confirmation required). Please do not ask me to commit mail fraud by altering the declared value of a pen for customs.  

New York Customers: For tax purposes, I am required to add an 8% sales tax on any sale made in the state of NY. If your shipping address is in NY state, please let me know before payment to receive an adjusted total. Free shipping is included for NY State residents to help defray the extra cost.

Ordering: Pens are placed on hold for the first person to PM me with firm request to purchase (no chat DMs please). If I haven't received Paypal payment within 24 hrs after a hold is placed, then pen(s) may become available to the next person. 

Payment, & Guarantee: Payment by Paypal only. All pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. If I've missed something objectionable or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, the buyer may contact me up to 7 days after receiving the pen for a full refund (issued once I receive the pen back in the same condition as sold). Buyer must ship the return no later than 2 weeks after it was delivered to receive a refund. I've sold pens online for over a decade. Please check my past listings here as well as on the historical sales forums and FPGeeks (popcod) for some of my previous offerings.

51boxed (1200).jpg

51capped (1200).jpg

51uncapped(1200).jpg

51diss (1200).jpg

51nib (1000).jpg

51ws.jpg

image.png

- United States

Recommended Questions

There are no questions to display.

This advert is now closed to further questions.

Other adverts from Estragon