You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!

1960s Montblanc 12 FP + BP (EF) (Reduced)

(0 reviews)

1960s Montblanc 12 FP + BP (EF) (Reduced)

(0 reviews)

$195

• Advertiser
    ralfstc
  • Type of Advert For Sale
  • Item Condition Used
  • Time Left 19 days and 14 hours -
  • Quantity 1
  • Price $195
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

Hello all,

I am selling a 1960's Montblanc 12 and matching Ballpoint, in original groovy box.

The fountain pen is in lovely condition, with few if any signs of use. I've not inked it, and I'm not sure it ever was (I dipped for the writing sample, in Midnight Blue). The piston moves freely and the pen fills and writes as it should. The nib is a smooth true extra-fine. I'd consider it comparable to a Platinum/Nakaya fine. There is not much flex there, as these nibs were designed to be stiff and smooth. Cosmetically the pen is very nice, with the bishop's hat cap and a clear amber ink window. Very stylish!

The ballpoint has the incredible funky lever mechanism. If you look at the pictures you'll see it in two positions-- open and closed. Again very little sign of use, but the metal around the opening seems a little rough. The pen has a refill convertor in it (old MB refills were a bit longer than current) and a Monteverde gel refill. For a ballpoint it's not too shabby!

The box is . . .  wow. Sort of a red tortoiseshell sort of effect perhaps? It's very cool, though the pad the pens sit on is no longer glued into the box. It all stays together anyway. No papers with the set.

So, there we are. A really nice set in great condition and working perfectly. I'm asking for a reduced price of $195 plus a small contribution to shipping.

Thanks a lot for looking,

Ralf

, British Columbia

Recommended Questions

There are no questions to display.

Other adverts from ralfstc

Other adverts from gold-iridium-rhodium-platinum-pens-pencils