The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Scribble 3.15 Leadholder

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 20:12

Hi,

If you can tell, I really enjoy this pencil and I recommend it highly. It doesn't get as much use as the Lamy 2000 that I also reviewed though.

Also, please let me know what you think about this new review format. I wrote it using my Scribble.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

Sponsored Content

#2 rroossinck

rroossinck

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 21:47

Holy long review! smile.gif

Nice work, Dillon. I'm a big fan of the format, as well as the Scribble. I've got one too and I love it.

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

#3 supenguin

supenguin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:02

Great long review indeed! I just ordered one of these & can't wait for it to get here. It's going from Michigan to Ohio priority mail so hopefully Saturday or Monday at the latest.

Any recommendations for a good, inexpensive eraser that will erase instead of just smudging?
-Hello, my name is Kenny and I'm a fountain pen addict with a taste for Lamy and Esterbrook.

#4 mgutman

mgutman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:19

QUOTE (supenguin @ Mar 19 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great long review indeed! I just ordered one of these & can't wait for it to get here. It's going from Michigan to Ohio priority mail so hopefully Saturday or Monday at the latest.

Any recommendations for a good, inexpensive eraser that will erase instead of just smudging?

Sanford "Tuff Stuff" is a very good companion eraser. It looks sort of like a ball point pen, and has a 3.2mm+/- firm white plastic eraser. Really, really good. Here is a link to a picture at Blick Art: http://www.dickblick...f-eraser-stick/ thumbup.gif

#5 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:02

Hi,

I usually have a Tombow Mono. I like the Staedtler Mars Plastic ones as well.

One last thing! I have a picture or two. I'll get to that shortly!

Dillon

Edited by Dillo, 20 March 2009 - 04:04.

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#6 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:25

Nice review Dillo. I really like mine.

#7 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 20:39

Hi,

Pictures!!

All in one piece

A closer look at the clip mounting system. The clip only fits one way

Put together

This is what it looks like with a sharpened lead

This is what it looks like closed. It is pocket safe

Just want you to see the four element clutch better

It doesn't quite come apart, but the nose cone sort of unscrews

With my iPod touch

Dillon

Dillon

#8 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 20:55

Bonus material!

My Lamy family

Dillon

Dillon

#9 supenguin

supenguin

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:44

That's a very nice Lamy family! I'll have to take a picture of mine. Probably won't totally be complete as my wife tends to leave her Lamy Vista at work.

I just got the Scribble in the mail (fast shipping - helps that Pear Tree Pens where I bought it is only 1 state away from me). Anyway, the one I got is almost all black hardware. The only part that isn't is the mechanism that actually holds the lead. That's chrome or silver - not sure what it's really called. This thing has a great weight to it & writes VERY smoothly. Switching from regular mechanical pencils to this feels like going from ballpoint to fountain pens.

BTW, is that a Lamy 2000 mechanical pencil I see in there?
-Hello, my name is Kenny and I'm a fountain pen addict with a taste for Lamy and Esterbrook.

#10 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:45

Yes, that is the Lamy 2000 mechanical pencil. I used to have the fountain pen. The corresponding review is Here

Dillon

Dillon

#11 along

along

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:40

hi, just a question about clutch pencil. is the lead fragile and does it break when it drops onto the floor?

Also, what kind of sharpener do you use to sharpen the lead? thanks.

#12 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 6,643 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:50

Hi,

The lead sometimes breaks during shipment, but it doesn't break in normal use including drops on carpet and such. You may be able to break it if you drop it cement or a tile floor. At Pencilthings.com, you can get some really nice lead pointers. They all get me endorsement.

Dillon

Dillon

#13 las_armas

las_armas

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 19:21

Hey what sharpener do you use to sharpen the lead? I just got mine and I like it, but I tried my Kum automatic long point sharpener with not much success.

#14 emerson

emerson

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2011 - 22:32

It's also useful when used with the 'dry highlighter' leads as an alternative to graphite.

Looking for:
Mid-century and modernist Pelikans & MBs

#15 MikeF

MikeF

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 March 2011 - 22:39

Got one of those and also the matching 0.7 lead propelling. Actually, that one doesn't get much use, the 0.7 does get some more, but I could not resist buying the set.

Edited by MikeF, 12 March 2011 - 22:39.

Sponsored Content

|