The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

S.T. Dupont Lady Mascara

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kurtz

Kurtz

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:19

Yesterday I received this small pen. It is a present for my wife since, as you can guess from its size, looks and... name, this is quite a feminine one.

This S.T. Dupont design exhibits a steel body, with an engraved screw type pattern, and a slender gold nib.

As I said, this is a small pen; both in lenght and girth.

The shape is completely cylindrical which, combined with its extra short body and the concealing inlay clasp ring, produces an even assemblage when posted (this way, it looks like a conventional one which had not been posted).

It comes without converter and, due to its short body, none of ours (from other pens) will fit. It is not a problem since we use a syringe to cleanly refill our pens (even those with a converter), so she will use an empty cartridge filled with her favourite ink.

You must unscrew the barrel with the cap on, so that it acts as a wrench with the groove carved around the section. This is a good idea since it makes this operation easier while protecting the nib during this potentially dangerous activity.

The whole feeling of the pen is very sturdy due to its uncluttered steel construction and, most of all, the long inlay clasp which provides a hefty joint (which is the same regardless of the side it is posted).

Capping the front side:

Rear side:

Posting:

The cap lacks a clip which, together with its small size, makes this pen a certainly purse oriented one. A black unembossed square embellishes the top in a subtle way, which beautifully matches its sleek design.

And, finally, the nib. It is an M size (in this case), 18K gold, neat part. It writes fine, with no special (neither bad nor specially good) behaviour. It simply works well in a pen whose strong point lies on its aesthetics. And I really like the aesthetics of the nib, too.

All right. That's all, I think. I hope you enjoyed this pen. An unusual one, to say the least wink.gif

There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves or lose our ventures.

Sponsored Content

#2 mava

mava

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 22:44

THOSE are some FANTASTIC shots! Thanks for the review! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

#3 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 23:22

wow-great shots, review, and, clap1.gif what a gift!

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#4 Peter from Sherwood Park

Peter from Sherwood Park

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 23:26

Great-looking pen, even if it is too small for my hands.

Sponsored Content

|