The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Levenger Amethyst

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:07

Sponsored Content

#2 Gran

Gran

U. S. A.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:38

Thanks for the attractive, succinct review. This color looks like it has a brightness to it, as though it jumps off the page. Is it that way, or is it just on my monitor?
May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

#3 dizzypen

dizzypen

Swimming in a sea of Noodler's Navy!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2009 - 14:03

QUOTE (Gran @ Mar 18 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the attractive, succinct review. This color looks like it has a brightness to it, as though it jumps off the page. Is it that way, or is it just on my monitor?

Gran, I think it's just your monitor. While I love and use amethyst regularly, I would not describe it as bright and it certainly does not jump off the page. Still, it is a lovely dark purple. I've been using it for a couple years now. Before I found FPN ( notworthy1.gif ) it was the only FP ink I used.
Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

#4 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

----------------------

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 14:31

Man that's a different review than I gave it a while back. Shows what pen and paper combos will do with an ink. The ink I had feathered horribly bad on many of the papers I used. It was a lovely ink, but the feathering killed it for me

Nice review of it though!

-Tom
My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

#5 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:07

QUOTE (Gran @ Mar 18 2009, 04:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the nice words.
While I won't call this color "bright", it certainly is "intense". The "jumps off the page" part is what I feel too.

#6 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:15

QUOTE (penguinmaster @ Mar 18 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man that's a different review than I gave it a while back. Shows what pen and paper combos will do with an ink. The ink I had feathered horribly bad on many of the papers I used. It was a lovely ink, but the feathering killed it for me

Nice review of it though!

-Tom

It certainly is a very wet ink and shows quite some bleed through on copy paper. However, the feathering was not really noticeable. I saw your review and agree that pen/paper combo is pretty important. One more reason to get more pens. wink.gif

Sponsored Content

|