Updated Reviews

TheNobleSavage

I just did my update of our Fountan Pen reviews. We are at around 238+ reviews. i have to admit that we have the most fountain pen reviews anywhere on the internet that I know of!!! It seems to be getting larger by the day, thank goodness!!!

I would like for you all to keep my busy by sending in more reviews!! This helps everyone here at FPN!!!

I would like to suggest a few things that will make my job easier and also make it easier for everybody who reads this forum to find a pen review:

Please list the brand and the model of the pen along with the official color the maker uses. For Example, Sheaffer Crimson Glow or Sheaffer Legacy II Brushed Platinum.

Also please let us know about the nib size, like medium, stub ect.

How To Post Multiple Images in a Single Post

Pictures are very important because it lets everyone know what you are talking about especially if they never seen the pen before.

You dont need a camera to do this.

-For Example, You can go to Fountain pen hospital and right click the image and then choose "Properties"

-Then there is a URL of the location of the image, you can copy the URL buy highlighting it with your mouse and either right click and select "COPY"

-Or you can do a shorter way. highlight the url that you want to copy and then you hit "Control C' That automatically copies the URL into memory

-When you are typing up the review and you want to insert an image, all you

need to do is click the button above called "IMG"

once you do that, there is a dialogue box that pops up, right click in the box where you are able to type at, then after right clicking, choose "PASTE".

-OR for a quicker way , hit "CONTROL Z"

-Then that should paste the URL into the BOX. Click "OK" and now you have inserted code into your post.

-Once you click "PREVIEW POST", you can see if the image appears.

-If you want to add more pictures to your review, then you just repeat the process. Hitting the "POST NEW TOPIC" button you can keep using "PREVIEW POST" button to see if all of the images are coming up correctly

-If you are happy, then you can click "POST NEW TOPIC"

IMPORTANT

If you use the File Attachment below, you can only add ONE PICTURE per post. If you do it like how I explained above, you can add as many pictures as you want.

If you copy pictures from another site like Fountain Pen Hospital, I ask that you give credit where the image came from. For example: Image taken from Bittner Pen Store, or something like that. It is giving credit where credit is due!!

I hope this helps you all out!!! Pictures are worth a thousand words!!! Adding images does not require a camera. All it takes is a couple minutes of your time. With those couple of minutes, you can really bring attention to your review and also help other people who are deciding if they want to buy the pen or not. I know a lot of people will skip through reading the review when there are no pictures. Also it seems to annoy some people when the author tells the reader to look up the picture themselves.

These are a few tips that will help the whole community and also make this the BEST review site on the PLANET!!!!

I want to thank those who contribute their reviews to the FPN community!!!

Thanks and Best of Luck

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNobleSavage

• wimg

• Lucinda

• NeoTiger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Noble Savage,

Just want to make a quick comment about the image posting. I find that many websites do not appreciate having their images being posted on discussion forums directly from their servers, because it adds additional traffic to their servers, and not just matter of giving them credit. It is recommended that the images are downloaded and stored at your own server (either way assuming copyright wasn't an issue).

Still, want to thank you for the great job you've been doing on this forum. I think I've almost read every review by now :)

Thank you Aaron,

Very much appreciated! And we do have a wonderful, sharing bunch of folks here, that is for sure!

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Noble Savage,

Just want to make a quick comment about the image posting. I find that many websites do not appreciate having their images being posted on discussion forums directly from their servers, because it adds additional traffic to their servers, and not just matter of giving them credit. It is recommended that the images are downloaded and stored at your own server (either way assuming copyright wasn't an issue).

Still, want to thank you for the great job you've been doing on this forum. I think I've almost read every review by now :)

Then again, it can work to their advantage, especially because the photos we use are from fountain pen stores. When people know where the photo is from, chances are, they will go to the website to see some of the other models and colors. I would say it is free advertising for them. There is the issue with why they watermark their images. It isnt the fact that people post the images and use very little bandwidth, it is the fact that people steal the images and call them their own.

I am sure a smaller pen store wouldnt mind if people used their images in a fountain pen review, Especially if the person bought the pen there and they gave credit to the store.

I understand your point but these are not 5 meg files or movies. These are small GIFs, JPEGS and what not and it is very little bandwidth. And if that will generate revenue for the store, I know for a fact they wont mind. Businesses get in an uproar when people alter the images and create the illusion that it is their own. Also when they steal traffic for their own benefit and not give them the credit that is due. I do not see this as stealing at all, especially when there is little to no loss of revenue to the company. The company is getting free advertisement especially when they are credited. And Sales can go up if more people see the pen and it is desirable not only visually but also performance wise.

These are fountain pen reviews and believe it or not, one persons word goes extremely far. This can only help the industry, not hurt it. As long as common sense is used, I see no issue. Not everyone has cameras and this is a way for them to communicate and tell their side of the story when it comes to a review.

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

Perhaps checking with the online merchant might be a nice thing to do when using pictures? Chances are they'd be flattered and pleased for the publicity, as TNS pointed out, and if they'd rather not their servers be burdened with the extra traffic, they'd be glad to have been asked. (And FPN gets brownie points with our "dealers" either way.) :)