New from WV

rakin

I'm new to the forum, found while surfing pen sites. Am a long time fountain pen lover, since being introduced to them by my Dad - a long time FP user. My first pen was a Weaver - and I still have it. When my Dad passed on I was given his Sheaffer Snorkel and his Parker 51 - both in great shape but now needing new bladders. He only wrote with a fountain pen - a large bold back-slanted handwriting style. I guess every time I write something with a fountain pen I feel closer to my Dad - gone now since 1970.

I am suprised how many people today who pick up one of my pens to sign a form or scribble a note do not know how to write with a fountain pen. What a shame. I've even gone back to writing snail-mail letters and a journal because of the pleasure I get from writing with fountain pens!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rakin

• Mannenhitsu

• OldGriz

• RonB

Welcome, Rakin. There are a few of us long time fountain pen users, but recent additions to this site.

Ron

Ron

Favorite Pens: Parker "51"Lamy 2000; Bexley America the Beautiful; Pilot Custom 823, 912 and 74; Sheaffer Early Touchdown; Parker Vacumatic; Sheaffer Legacy

Welcome from Hagerstown MD... not all that far from the WV border. Heck could almost spit there from here... :P :P

I'm new to the forum, found while surfing pen sites. Am a long time fountain pen lover, since being introduced to them by my Dad - a long time FP user. My first pen was a Weaver - and I still have it. When my Dad passed on I was given his Sheaffer Snorkel and his Parker 51 - both in great shape but now needing new bladders. He only wrote with a fountain pen - a large bold back-slanted handwriting style. I guess every time I write something with a fountain pen I feel closer to my Dad - gone now since 1970.

I am suprised how many people today who pick up one of my pens to sign a form or scribble a note do not know how to write with a fountain pen. What a shame. I've even gone back to writing snail-mail letters and a journal because of the pleasure I get from writing with fountain pens!

Hello and welcome. I spent 8 years in Morgantown and my wife's from there! Not a whole lot of pen stores there.

FPN is a good place to talk about fountain pens.

Kurt H

Welcome to FPN, Rakin.

Neil

[FPN ACCOUNT ABANDONED. I AM NO LONGER ACTIVE HERE, BUT AM SADLY UNABLE TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND DELETE MY POSTS.]

Hagerstown!!! And Morgantown

I'm in Martinsburg - so you can spit from there!

And if there aren't many pen shops in in Morgantown, there aren't ANY in my neck of the woods!

I went to school in Montgomery at WVIT - not too close to you I know, but I still miss WV like crazy...

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. "

- Socrates

Hello and welcome to FPN. Glad you found us.

The story of how you got into FPs is just wonderful. It's nice that you have something so personal that reminds you of your dad - great pens also. I really appreciate your sharing this with us.

Hope to see you around,

southpaw

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Sheaffers are evocative pens at the best of times. Hope they remind you of him in a warm and good way.

Warmest greetings.

Roger

Magnanimity & Pragmatism

Hello Rakin! and welcome to the Fountain Pen Nuthouse! :D Not only do we feed your addiction to fine writing instruments, but this is a great place to hang out at to answer all of your questions at, and make new friends.

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."