60th Anniv reissue of 146 Meisterstuck green striated FP

FredRydr

Alright! You guys twisted my arm...why have one when you can have two for twice as much. I'll take another one, same specs.

Right you are Wael. Exactly what I did.

Ditto. ;)

However, one order is for five!

Fred

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• Ghost Plane

• niksch

• varmas

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on people, why buy a LE that is 1 out 16,000 when you can buy a pen, if it comes to fruition, will be 1 out of 100.

A green striped 146 is not to be sneered at. If not for anything else think of the re-sale value.

Email me at solomonvarma@hotmail.com to put yourself on the list.

A friendly bump before this thread gets lost in MB suburbia :)

Stay well,

Solomon

Edited for typos

Edited by varmas

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

• 3 weeks later...
Come on people, why buy a LE that is 1 out 16,000 when you can buy a pen, if it comes to fruition, will be 1 out of 100.

A green striped 146 is not to be sneered at. If not for anything else think of the re-sale value.

Email me at solomonvarma@hotmail.com to put yourself on the list.

A friendly bump before this thread gets lost in MB suburbia :)

Stay well,

Solomon

Edited for typos

Count me in too, and one in a 149 BB too!)

My pen checks and cracks... my strat's nitrocellulose finish checks and cracks. Could that mean that the fancy precious resin is the same stuff that Fender uses to cover their guitars?

-Just a thought....

• 2 weeks later...
I am very interested in this. What is the present status? There has not been a new post on it recently.

Thanks

The project is very much alive. Inclusions to be on the list of potential owners are still coming in. As they are sent to my email solomonvarma@hotmail.com you don't much activity here.

If you want to be included please do drop me an email.

Stay well,

Solomon

Edited by varmas

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

Everyone,

There has been some renewed questions about the status of this effort. I assure you the project is very much alive, and our enthusiasm increases with each step. Next week, we have an extraordinary opportunity to open a dialogue with Montblanc, and we will present both ideas and concrete proposals for the 146. Of course, your interest in buying a gorgeous Montblanc product that's a modern rendition of a classic Montblanc pen will make all the difference. All the best ideas in the world will go nowhere unless I can show a real interest by you. And that means, enough demand to make the pen economically viable for Montblanc.

So, if you want one, two or ten of these pens, please contact Solomon and express your interest. We must work together in this effort to prove there is a real demand for well-designed writing instruments made by Montblanc, and that classic designs will not impair the sale of their limited edition pens. It doesn't cost you anything today. Only when Montblanc expresses its intent to go ahead will we be asking for deposits.

I would add that the green striated 146 reissue might become a watershed pen. If a success, it will encourage one of the most respected pen manufacturers in the world to design pens using the modern methods and technology they've already established, but also, to draw upon their own proud history of fine writing instruments and nibs.

So please, let us hear from all of you! This pen will be very cool. Watch for photos of an original classic, soon!

Fred

Edited by FredRydr

To clarify, contact Solomon if you haven't ALREADY done so? Or recontact? It's late, and my comprehension isn't what it should be.

GP must drink large quantities of bourbon...so does niksch.

Seriously though, let us know your intentions if you have not done so already. We are getting down to the nut-cuttin' now, and we need all the numbers for project purposes.

Eric

To clarify, contact Solomon if you haven't ALREADY done so? Or recontact? It's late, and my comprehension isn't what it should be.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

This pen will be very cool. Watch for photos of an original classic, soon!

Fred

Fred,

Just to stimulate interest and get the juices flowing for anyone still sitting on the fence, here are a couple of quick photos I took today of the 1950s Green Striated MB 146 in my collection.

Mark

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/evansm92/1950sMB146GreenStriated1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/evansm92/1950sMB146GreenStriated2.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/evansm92/1950sMB146GreenStriated3.jpg

Edited by Diamondback

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

GP must drink large quantities of bourbon...so does niksch.

Seriously though, let us know your intentions if you have not done so already. We are getting down to the nut-cuttin' now, and we need all the numbers for project purposes.

Eric

GP belongs to a Faith that forbids alcohol. Chalk it up to exhaustion and worry. Been carting my beloved furball back and forth to the vet. :crybaby:

That pen looks prettier every time I see it. :notworthy1:

Edit to add my favorite fantasy - I know the 146 is our only real chance of getting this reissued, but I'd buy TWO if they'd do it in 149 size. That way I could have a B AND a BB!

Edited by Ghost Plane

Thanks! Furball is now home sleeping on my pillow and deigned to eat a little last night. I'd swap 100 green MBs to have her for another 18 years. I've never had a better pet. :wub: :meow:

Sorry for hijacking the thread. :embarrassed_smile:

Hope Furball is doing better. I know what that's like but here's a thought: I think Furball would want you to be happy and have your special green striated 146. It will be just one more way to make a positive connection between the things we all love.

And I am so looking forward to this pen and send my best wishes to mssrs. FredRydr and Varma for success as well.

Best regards

Hope Furball is doing better. I know what that's like but here's a thought: I think Furball would want you to be happy and have your special green striated 146. It will be just one more way to make a positive connection between the things we all love.

And I am so looking forward to this pen and send my best wishes to mssrs. FredRydr and Varma for success as well.

Best regards

Thank you for the kind words Brian. I have a 13 year old Italian Greyhound and a 14 year old Persian mix. Both are on their last legs, bless them. Family and friends are anxious when the inevitable day must come. Till then kings and queens cannot wish for better treatment.

It's people like you that make a project like this worthwhile.

Stay well,

Solomon

I'm hand carrying food and water to where my beloved Puss is curled on a pillow next to my bed. She's reached the stage that wandering into the kitchen to eat seems beyond her. I have to tempt her - a spoonful of yoghurt here, a little tuna water there. Once she can't trek to her box, I think we'll make one last trip to the vet so she doesn't linger. Puss shrank from 13 pounds to 9 3/4 over the last few weeks. I won't be surprised if she's down to 8 now. Even the special high calorie canned food from the vets hardly tempts her and it smells good even to me!

As long as that motor keeps going when I love on her and the tip of her tail flips when I talk to her, I know she's still aware and content to be with her person. Fortunately the weather's been nice, so I have the windows open and she's enjoying her sunbeam, a nice breeze, and familiar smells from her back yard. She opens her eyes and puts her ears forward when I come in to acknowledge I'm there.

It makes it hard to get any useful writing done while I worry about her. She's been with me a large part of my life and it's hard to imagine being without her. I'm pottering around with other regular tasks so she can hear her familiar sounds of home. She's given me 18 years of love, despite 2 traumatic injuries requiring surgery over the years. I hope I get as much love when I'm in my 90s. :meow:

Sorry for hijacking the thread again. I feel for you, Solomon. Pets are children with fur on.

We are 60% towards the minimum goal as people from places other than FPN learn of this pen. It would help immensely to move this project to reality by making your commitment known before Thursday of this week. This is not a drop-dead date, but rather a genuine opportunity to bring our consumer demand for this historic pen to the Montblanc table, a table with the highest decision-makers. And it may bring about more refined and time-honored designs for future pens, too.

So please, if you want one, let Solomon know now!

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Make that 70%!

Come on pen lovers, you know you want one! The old ones are too rare, too expensive and there's no parts or warranty. But here's the perfect answer.

So, if you want one (or more), step up and tell Solomon now!

Fred

Make that 70%!

Come on pen lovers, you know you want one! The old ones are too rare, too expensive and there's no parts or warranty. But here's the perfect answer.

So, if you want one (or more), step up and tell Solomon now!

Fred

Fred: Is it contingent on the 100 people that Montblanc do this? Or, do you guys have to sell the idea to Montblanc AFTER the 100 people sign up?

Just curious since I already signed up with Solomon a month ago.

Edited by jpr

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!

Fred: Is it contingent on the 100 people that Montblanc do this? Or, do you guys have to sell the idea to Montblanc AFTER the 100 people sign up?

The latter. $100,000 commitment is what I want to take to the table. I've already met with decision-makers, and the $70,000 (so far) is nice, but $100,000 is so much more persuasive. There are other issues to be sure which have to be overcome. Remember I am not asking for even a dollar until there is a minimum of one hundred pens, and we know the demand will be far greater. But the first 100 will be special, different from the rest of the reissue. And we are so close!

There have been some wonderful side benefits for serious pen fans from these first contacts. It's too soon to promise anything, but just watch for more attention being paid to the tip of the nib end of new Montblanc pens. Just for you!

Fred

The latter. $100,000 commitment is what I want to take to the table. I've already met with decision-makers, and the $70,000 (so far) is nice, but $100,000 is so much more persuasive. There are other issues to be sure which have to be overcome. Remember I am not asking for even a dollar until there is a minimum of one hundred pens, and we know the demand will be far greater. But the first 100 will be special, different from the rest of the reissue. And we are so close!

There have been some wonderful side benefits for serious pen fans from these first contacts. It's too soon to promise anything, but just watch for more attention being paid to the tip of the nib end of new Montblanc pens. Just for you!

Fred

Excellent! Thanks for the running info. :)

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!