Goods Recovered

ketangeorgiatech

Great news!

I have been left a box outside of my door and inside was a note that apologized for what they did and said that they would like to return everything. There is a ton of stuff here. I am making an inventory of the items and can you forward that to FPN admin so they can tell me exactly what belongs to whom and give me mailing addresses(I want to make sure people don't claim things that aren't theirs). I think our combined efforts scared this person into giving up the goods. However, I don't know exactly what was taken in this scam, so I don't know if this is everything, just that it is a lot. Please forward this to the admin! And to FPN admin, yes, I know this is same IP address because it is still me, and I am not a fraud and my therealketan was suspended. If you have a problem send me an email and I will email you with my university email address. Anyway, if you guys can make an inventory of what is yours, I can try to get everything to their rightful owners. Thank you.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ketangeorgiatech

• TMann

• wimg

• Dillo

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, if you guys can make an inventory of what is yours, I can try to get everything to their rightful owners.  Thank you.

So I guess, I'm still not getting that Lamy 2000, am I? ;)

Alright, any suggestions on how this should be done? Maybe one of the admins can be the official "contact" person, so that we're can be assured that this is being done honestly?

TMann

Edited by TMann

Ketan,

Obviously you can't blame us for not believing you. You are not suspended, but put under moderation. Anybody trying to register from your ip will suffer the same fate.

Essentially, this means that all your messages will be scrutinized and approved by the admin before they appear here. In the mean time you may contact the admin team at fpnadmin@gmail.com

Wim

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I understand you guys having problems believing me. This is one of the sideffects of identity theft. I will go to the post office and give them these goods on Monday and explain everything to them. However, they are all in a big cardboard box, a bunch of pens in a bunch of random boxes. I don't know what belongs to who and there is no contact information. I will notify them, but I don't know if giving them all of your items is the best thing to do, because I doubt anyone will see them again anytime soon. I suggest mailing this entire box to someone who can sort through it and to give this person a list of who is missing what so everything can be mailed to this person. I don't know what to do to regain your trust, and that of this forum, but I will leave that for later, hopefully I can get everyone their items back first and file this with the postal service again.

BTW, most of those boxes should have return addresses on them. And can you post a photo of these returned packages?

TMann

Hello Wim,

I understand that it is hard to believe my story. I don't know what to say other than that I did not have anything to do with this and that I am sorry this happened, just as much as anyone else. I wish there was something I could do or say to make you believe me. Anyway, I do now have in my possession everything that was left outside of my door. I understand its hard to believe these things "popped up" randomly, but my belief is that someone who could access my network did this and was afraid once I found out. I am going to speak with the police and USPS on Monday morning and I hope that something can get resolved at that time.

I do not have any individual boxes, just one big cardboard box with everything thrown in it. There are a lot of small pen boxes(DaniTrio, Pelikan, Pilot, etc...). I am going to be making an inventory and posting it in the next few hours. I will also take a picture of everything and post that.

Hi,

If you have a wireless network, I would suggest using wire instead and deactiving the wireless.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Thanks Dillon,

I already did that. I have also uninstalled remoteadmin, installed a firewall, and I am going to call my internet service provider Monday to file with them on top of that.

While I don't have a horse in this race...

The explanation sounds like someone who suddenly found out the people here don't take being scammed lightly and is afraid of the feds knocking on his door...

If you have the package and it contains a bunch of smaller packages of pens and stuff, they should have return address labels on them, as stated in another thread.

You should also be able to prove possession of said package by producing pictures of it and some of the smaller packages with the labels.

If you really want the people here to start believing you, show some tangible proof of what you are claiming.

I am just glad that I don't like Lamy pens... otherwise this old SEAL would be on his way to Georgia...

Hello Tom,

I do have the package, it does contain a lot of small boxes(pen boxes) not boxes that are meant to be shipped. I said the same thing about someone getting scared of the feds knocking on their door so they returned it in an email to admin(which btw, I have not receieved any replies from any admin). I am taking pictures as I speak, and I will post them in the next 15 minutes.

How do I put an image up?

I took some pics but I don't see how to do it. It says image, but I can't choose my desktop or anything like that?

Ketan,

Don't post a list. It'll only encourage people to claim pens they didn't actually send. Send the list back channel to an admin.

TMann

Ketan,

Don't post a list. It'll only encourage people to claim pens they didn't actually send. Send the list back channel to an admin.

TMann

I already sent Ketan a list of the three pens that I am missing.

Kurt H

Admin isn't responding to any of my emails, I've sent 4 over the past couple hours. I didn't know how to post a pic, so I emailed it to Tom to the email listed on his website. Hopefully he can post it up in the next few minutes.

I'd suggest that both list AND picture(s) should be sent to the FPN admin instead of posting them here. That way the process would be "blind" and more secure.

Leonardo

I do not know the name of many of these pens so I will just take pics of them. I can't really make a list, but most say the name of the manufacturer or the nib.

Admin isn't responding to any of my emails, I've sent 4 over the past couple hours.  I didn't know how to post a pic, so I emailed it to Tom to the email listed on his website.  Hopefully he can post it up in the next few minutes.
Well, unfortunately, Ketan, we are trying to resolve the situation. It is hard to be logged into many places at the same time.

You know what: mail everything to every individual admin. It makes it a little easier for us too.

BTW, don't ever try to put the blame on admin again.

A rather p****d Wim, aka the Mad Dutchman

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to blame admin for anything. I didn't know I was making you upset, I'm just trying to do my part and help get this mess sorted out so we can all move on. You don't understand the excitement I had when I saw that box with everything in it, because I thought it would finally clear everything up, but instead I think it made me look worse because people think I did something wrong.

Oh, just for your convenience, if you didn't know yet, the admin team consists of:

Elaine

Gerry

Grasshopper

Karin

KurtH

NoSnow

Wimg

You can PM us al lin one go by adding us to your list. These are our member names here.

Wim

the Mad Dutchman