Follow-up thread on ketan889 & therealketan

Admin

Note to admin - I don't want to share cyberspace with this fruitcake. Are you gonna nuke his account?

Don't nuke him. I really want to read his comments.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ketangeorgiatech

• wimg

• fountainhead

• JimCouch

Hello everyone,

I`m speaking for myself as both an Admin and a Member and I would like to say

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! I`m still sitting here with my mouth open :ph34r:

But, I would like to thank you all for you civility, your good humour and your thoughtfulness for your poor Admins :bonk: :bonk:

As one who never believed this garbage about identity theft, I`d like to agree with Angelo, Johnny and everyone elso who wishes for justice and punsihment for this unfortunate wretch

Well, life is never dull.

I`m sure we`ll be discussing this option soon. I`ve put up a note for my colleagues.

Kind regards,

Karin

edited to reply to Peachez

Edited by Karin

Fountain Pen Abundance

I hope that I will not be prosecuted like a criminal because I had no criminal intents. I'm sorry for playing loosely with people's property and I hope that I can be given a second chance

Sir, you are a criminal. You had intent and it was premeditated. Playing loosely with peoples property is theft, vandallism, neglect, abuse and the like, all crimes!

You still do not see, you cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you had no intention of keeping the property you illegaly aqcuired. Only till you were called on it did you react, with yet another lie. Again, you were "busted" and now you think that just because you returned the items in question and you apologize it's all good! Sir, it does not work that way. AS for your asking of a second chance, well once you do the time you will get your second chance.

Save face a bit, admit your guilt, stop your empty "... I'm sorry", confess and have the justice system have mercy on you.

Note to admin - I don't want to share cyberspace with this fruitcake. Are you gonna nuke his account?

I would like to know this as well. I'm of the opinion that he should be banned. He's taken the term 'troll' to a whole new appalling plateau.

A hot wind was blowing around my head, the strands of my hair lifting and swirling in it, like ink spilled in water. ~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

So let me get this straight. You did this as a service to us to be weary of trades in the future? I hope you will understand if I don't in the future use the service you are "researching". I had no dealings with you and hope I never see your name on any boards again. I also hope those that did won't go easy just because you are sending the goods back. (Waiting on that to happen) My vote is you are a theif and you stole and realised you were facing something serious. The internet has opened a whole new can of worms reguarding theft and fraud, but the laws and investiagtors are catching the perpatrators more frequently than ever as well.

All I have to say is don't drop the soap. Or maybe that can be your next experiment as well.

Best use of a pen:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Gator_b8/DANNYSICOVER.jpg

Hello Kelly,

I did not think this through.  I admit to that.  I did not want to cause any trouble or problems morally or legally.  I know that the moral step was something I had to do before I even started this.  I lied because I wanted to finish the entire process without telling everyone.  I know nobody wanted to take part in this and it was brought upon them, and I am so sorry about that.  I swear I had no intention of keeping anyone's items and they are all on their way back.  I do not want an ovation because I paid for this monetarily, I just wanted to inform.  I'm sorry it came off that way.

I just want to apologize and say that what I did was wrong and I'm aware of it.  I meant no harm and I had no intent of stealing.  I am sorry for lying to everyone.  I truly apologize for all of this.

Eh, how were you going to return people's items if even after you were caught, you said that there are a few "unclaimed" items. You completely messed up your "project" (if there really was one) in the first place by not keeping tabs on what people send.

I can see this post as the one to go down in fpn's history as "most replies"

Edited by Betty
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I can see this post as the one to go down in fpn's history as  "most replies"

I sincerely hope not. What I've seen in this thread in the past couple of hours brings new meaning to the phrase "pig pile." No offense intended, but this thread has become precisely the sort of thing that many FPNers deplore about Pentrace -- the only difference is that all the "observers" here are registered members.

There, I've said it, I'll crawl back into my hole and grind some more nibs.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

I think Richard's got an excellent point. I've stated my opinion, and am now bowing out, in part to make careful notes to myself about Ketan (whose name, I note, is that of a director, which makes me wonder how genuine that bit of information is), and to look at better things.

We are good people. Angry, hurt people at the moment, but good. And I want to remember that, rather than anger and pain. I shall go back to work, and contemplate pens, and conversation, and spring sunlight on fresh ink across the page.

We are good people. Angry, hurt people at the moment, but good. And I want to remember that, rather than anger and pain. I shall go back to work, and contemplate pens, and conversation, and spring sunlight on fresh ink across the page.

I'm with Velma!

Thank you Mr. Binder for the reallity check!

I think Richard's got an excellent point. I've stated my opinion, and am now bowing out, in part to make careful notes to myself about Ketan (whose name, I note, is that of a director, which makes me wonder how genuine that bit of information is), and to look at better things.

Amen. I've said what I had to say. It took me a couple of posts - I was venting my anger and hurt at the lying and betrayal. Soapbox dismounted.

And what I'm really hoping is that one of the nibs that Richard is going to go grind is mine :D :drool:

Edit for Richard tease ;)

Edited by Kelly

A hot wind was blowing around my head, the strands of my hair lifting and swirling in it, like ink spilled in water. ~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

I am truly sorry for what I did.

I apologize whole-heartedly and I hope that my foolish experiment does not cost me my college education. I beg that you can forgive me for what I have done and allow me to get past this. I would like to call each and every member and apologize personally for what I have done if people would agree to let me do so and provide me their phone numbers. I am so truly sorry for this and I swear to God I never had any intention of keeping any items. I was stupid and did not think this through.

I never should have played around with people's items so I could find things out.

I apologize whole-heartedly and I accept your criticisms openly.

I hope I can have the opportunity to apologize to you on the telephone because I feel that me typing it over and over does not get the sentiment across.

I was not trying to steal anything, I have never stolen a thing in my life.

I was just doing something stupid that I never should have thought was ok.

I beg that you please allow me to make this up in some way and not try to have it affect my college education. I am a graduating senior and I hope you can have some sympathy in your heart for a confused student who did something very stupid and wrong.

I don't believe him, I say he is still lying, and I say play it through and make complaints, forward it to Georgia Tech, the postal authorities, let them track down the IP address and do what they need to do.

Sam

I have a proposal. I was never involved with this guy, so I've kept quiet. But this thread is getting decidedly distasteful now. Everyone involved in this has the right to vent. We're all aghast, but it's time to get back on topic.

So here's my proposal. Admins, can you set up a Yahoo group or something similar away from FPN to continue this for those who want to?

Ray

Ketan Mehta is listed on the online directory of Georgia Institute of Technology. If this is the same person, I think the school may be interested in finding out the extent to which fraud may have been conducted from campus property.

This discussion has taken on a very inappropriate tone, though as one of the people who was duped in this scheme, I understand the anger fueling it.

However, lets all keep this in perspective. Even if my pens don't come back, I am out $200. The total value from everyone involved is a few thousand - a serious crime that should be turned over to the authorities and investigated. If everything is returned, then I am sure that will be taken into account, and the nature of the crime - which probably moves from felony fraud to some sort of misdemeanor - will be addressed. If he is lying and nobody sees their pens again, I hope he ends up in prison on fraud charges.

However, nobody has been physically harmed by this. No murder, no assault, no injury, no rape, no child abuse. Threats of physical violence and violation, even if only blowing off steam, are not an appropriate response.

Ketan, if your most recent explanation of this is true, and if we all get our pens back, then I hope you learn from this mistake. I too did some dumb things in college (though not on this level). I learned from them. Part of the learning process was facing the consequences - in one case being brought before the campus Judicial Board and fined for damage that I had been responsible for.

I hope that you experience the consequences of this action, and learn from it. If you are telling us the truth, I hope the consequences are mitigated by your attempt to do the right thing, and it does no more damage to your life or career than appropriate - but no less either. It's part of growing up.

Once the communication necessary to resolve this issue is complete, I think suspension from this board is an appropriate consequence.

John

Edited by Johnny Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

I know that nothing can bring instant forgiveness, but I did spend over $300 trying to make this right in the end. I had to pay one person alone $120 for items I never received that he said he sent and for his shipping, and all the shipping costs for the other people as well as reiumbursements added up quickly.

"...I had to pay one person alone $120 for items I never received that he said he sent and for his shipping..."

I did not believe your story from the beginning and said so openly. You're a thief and a liar. And now, you're accusing me of taking advantage of you?

Well, you just have burried yourself, sir!

I can see this post as the one to go down in fpn's history as  "most replies"

I sincerely hope not. What I've seen in this thread in the past couple of hours brings new meaning to the phrase "pig pile." No offense intended, but this thread has become precisely the sort of thing that many FPNers deplore about Pentrace -- the only difference is that all the "observers" here are registered members.

There, I've said it, I'll crawl back into my hole and grind some more nibs.

Sorry Richard, but both you and I know this is utter nonsense. And those are all the words I will spend on this.

Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Since it is time to consult with my fellow admins, I have closed this thread for now. It will remain here for all to see right now.

Just like you all, I am rather shocked by the direction this has all taken, and I think we need a little time to thinks this over and then take appropriate action.

If you do have any questions or remarks, please direct them to:

fpnadmin@gmail.com

Warm regards, Wim

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever