Help: Lamy trades

fountainhead

Dear Members,

We are very sorry to have to say this, but it appears that member "ketan889" is a scammer.

Not only that, but member "therealketan" is, according to our information, which we don't divulge here for obvious reasons, exactly the same scammer.

So please do not send this person any stuff whatsoever, and if you did, do demand it back, and contact your local postal fraud authorities. You may find more information here: http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/.

We'll start a new, pinned thread here for victims to claim what is theirs, for ketan to send everything back and get verification for that and to start a combined police action if so required.

The FPN Admin Team

Original message - sorry to intrude here

I don't know where to turn. But I made a trade with a poster who was trading Lamy pens for various items. I have reason to believe that a fraud has been perpetrated here. Can anyone advise me on who I can report this to here at FPN and other authorities?

thanks

regards

Edited by FPN Admin Team

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainhead

• tburke0

• TMann

• garythepenman

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming you are referring to ketan889.

This person was posing as me and making trades for Lamy pens. Please read my posts labeled Identity Theft in both the Writing Instruments forum(I just reposted it in the Marketplace forum under the advice of a fellow forum member).

I apologize for everything and I assure you I am doing everything I can to make sure I find everything that has been mailed and return it to its rightful owner. Could you, and everyone else who has interacted with ketan889, please send me all conversations as well as a list of items you have sent to aid me in my search? Thank you.

I was just starting to get suspicious this morning...

I traded some relatively inexpensive pens for a Lamy 2000. I'll PM you with the trade details. Bummer...despicable characters everywhere.

TMann

I guess we should have been suspicious given how anxious he was to trade all of those items for relatively expensive pens. (Sailor, Pelikans, etc.)

TMann

I sent a bunch of stuff too.

Did he steal the handle, email address, and mailing address???

Something smells!!!

Edited by mp3

Thanks for all of the PM's. I'm sure all of these conversations will come in handy. Does anyone have any advice on ways to proceed from here? I have already contacted local authorities, but I would like to be proactive in this search instead of waiting for someone to figure it out. I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

I guess we should have been suspicious given how anxious he was to trade all of those items for relatively expensive pens. (Sailor, Pelikans, etc.)

TMann

My "spidey-sense" went off, the day after I traded for a Lamy Safari. He starting trading for multiples of all kinds of pens. I was going to offer another trade for a Lamy Studio, but I said to myself; "Lets see how this first trade works out..."

Then he's trading $1200 vintage pens, but "his digicam is broken"

<DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON!>

I'm not out that much, but still it galls me that someone has made a mockery of our trusting trade environment... :(

I'm hoping "therealketan" can bring the perpetrator to justice. We'll be wating here with the rope... :ph34r:

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.png

He took me for a Parker 100 and Sheaffer Prelude. I was suppose to get one of each Lamy pen he had. This sucks!!

Oooo - then I was also scammed :( . I made a trade early before he started posting multiples, but shipping was delayed actually on my behalf, so until just reading this, I had no idea.

I actually lost some pretty nice pens for a 2000 :bonk: . This was going to be a good day too.

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza

asccording to the admin, both the ketan accounts are from the same IP address... and both are suspended... and the plot thickens..... see this thread...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...?showtopic=9777

And now that thread is vaporized...

It's like one of those B-grade horror movies.... :-o

I'll go outside alone and see If I can see what's making that noise... :)

Edited by tburke0

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't."

In regards to these supposed PayPal refunds that were given...has anyone here had their money refunded? Or has anyone here heard that their stuff was recovered?

TMann

MONEY has been refunded to three FPN participants according to the

reall Ketan..they should verify when they logon.

regards

Well if it's any consolation I've been had for well over $200 plus $20 postage and I'm really annoyed.

If Ketan889 is reading this, youv'e messed with the wrong people here, I'm ex special forces and can easily get on a plane. You won't get away with this..ever..I suggest you move planets.

Gary

A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means to.

asccording to the admin, both the ketan accounts are from the same IP address... and both are suspended... and the plot thickens..... see this thread...

It hasn't vaporized, it is merged with a duplicate that was in the Marketplace

I sent him 3 bottles of ink supposedly in return for a pen. Not a great financial loss but it still stinks.

I suppose I'll never see it. I guess I should have known better.

Andy

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

It hasn't vaporized, it is merged with a duplicate that was in the Marketplace

Yep, Now I see it... Thx

So anyone know how to file a complaint with the postal inspector?