melpens - comments?

menick

Hi,

I know people have had good comments about pengallery, but I was curious about the other pen seller from Malaysia, melpens?

Any experience? good? bad?

Thanks

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• menick

• gylyf

• Tsujigiri

• stevlight

Hi,

I know people have had good comments about pengallery, but I was curious about the other pen seller from Malaysia, melpens?

Thanks

nick

I bought one pen from them (a Stipula Etruria) and had a great experience. Thew price was reasonable, shipping was quite fast (from Malaysia to the US in less than five days). All in all, a great transaction. Best,

David

Never worked with them but have looked. If I remember correctly, they want money added to take paypal, whereas, again IIRC, pengallery does not. I often fund purchases with money from pens I sold that were paid for with paypal. It is easier to buy from a place that takes the paypal transfer directly and without added cost. Maybe melpens (same as pensinasia, right?)has changed since I last looked? J

I bought a Graf von Faber Castell Guilloche propelling MP from them this Christmas as a gift for my mother in law. The communication was great. It was a last-minute order when the B&M store I tried didn't have the color I wanted in stock. MelPens had the color I wanted, a great price, and got it to me in Colorado in about 3 days with free shipping. I can't recommend them enough.

Man's mind, stretched by a new idea, never goes back to its original dimensions.

--Oliver Wendell Holmes

I've pruchased from MelPens; perfect product, good price, fast shipping.

Ken.

I've bought two pens from Mel and received a third as a gift. The first order, I had ordered a fine nib on the Pelikan I ordered, Mel personally called me to tell me that the fine was out of stock and would I prefer to order a different nib or cancel my order. Great personal service all the way from Malaysia. She ships super fast and everything arrives securely packaged.

Ordered one pen so far, may order more. Item was out of stock, Mel emailed and asked if I wanted to wait, or cancel. Once in stock, took 3 days to arrive in TX from Malaysia. Great service, great communication, great selection, mostly great prices.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Never dealt with melpens, though I've heard they're OK. Enquired about some stuff but PENGALLERY and others generally beat their prices.

PG Malaysia is TOPS and I've done a lot of pen dealings with them

Dov

Hi,

Thanks

nick

My experience from Melpens was extraordinary. Communication was beyond excellent. A very understanding guy. Do not worry when ordering from Melpens.

Thanks a lot!

I think that I'll order shortly...

Now... I need to sell something in return!

:D

nick

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

I've always had superb service from Melspens. Once I called them without realizing that their time was 6 AM--and even at that hour they were gracious and helpful (and I was redfaced and stammering). I've also ordered from Pensgallery with excellent results. You won't go wrong with either of these folks! Like Deidre, I love 'em!

Hi Nick,

I've purchased from them a few times and have always been very impressed with their service and prices. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Soki

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Hi,

Thanks

nick

Melpens is just as good as Pengallery - some say better. It depends on the brand you're looking for. Pengallery has a much broader range, but Melpens is sometimes cheaper for certain pens. The level of service is excellent and equal to Pengallery.

I bought about 15 bottles of ink from them once. They arrived quickly, were expertly packed and were a great price. I'd highly recommend them based on that one experience.

I've got a blog!

Fountain Pen Love

I've bought a Pelikan from PenGallery and one from Melpens. When I bought them, the 200 was cheaper through PenGallery and the m1000 was cheaper through Melpen's ebay store. Both transactions were perfect.

Thanks all,

I'll probably order by the end of the week then!

And if anyone cares, I had heard more comments about pen gallery (more, but not better or worse) so had contacted them first. They never answered.

Contacted MelPens and had all my questions answered within a day! so they win my money!

nick

Pen ordered and on the way.

Any paid with paypal, with no extra fees.

One last step, wait for delivery!

nick

Just got a pen a few days ago--excellent service--fast delivery--will order from Mel again. have the items already picked out just waiting to have the $. Why pay more?

www.stevelightart.com

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files