Lamy 2000

acj27

........I purchased a LAMY 2000 F nib and FedEx delivered it to work today.....

........I'm wondering if anyone can compare how Waterman Black performs in the 2000 vs.

I'm using the lamy 2000 with EF nib with pelikan 4001 royal blu and parker quink blu

I'M COMPLETELY unsatisfated about the wet line that could be defined MEDIUM grade.

I like thin line so i've choosed the extra fine nib.

Do you have this problem ? Someone know if a correct lubrification of piston could be the right solution?

ps apart the thickly line the pen is fantastic.....

Hi, you may want to look at this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...ndpost&p=214502

I have a new Lamy Accent with EF nib. I love the look of the pen, and even got a matching ball point. But I agree with you, the wet line is much to broad for an EF nib, and mine seems more like a typical Medium width nib. I find if I write on higher quality paper, it is more like a fine nib and writes very nicely. But on some other paper, that my other pens handle well, this pen writes so wet that it feathers more I think.

I've been using Noodlers Zhivago, but I may try plain old Noodlers black to see if it will cut back on the feathering.

John

John in NC

The passion not to be fooled and not to fool anybody else..two searching questions of positivism: what do you mean? How do you know? (Bertrand Russell, Dominant Passion of The True Scientist)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gmorgan

• AlejoPlay

• Russ

• MYU

Top Posters In This Topic

Simo, have you tried different paper? An XF 2000 will put down a wide line on poor paper. Please experiment with different papers before you give up on the 2000. It's a great pen.

Simo, you could also try Noodler's black (a dry ink). If you end up still not liking your 2000, it'll be snapped up quickly if you put it on the Marketplace board.

It's a beautifully smooth writer, so if the thickness of line is your only problem, maybe you could send it to a nibmeister and they can whittle it down for you.

........I purchased a LAMY 2000 F nib and FedEx delivered it to work today.....

........I'm wondering if anyone can compare how Waterman Black performs in the 2000 vs.

I'm using the lamy 2000 with EF nib with pelikan 4001 royal blu and parker quink blu..

Thanks for everyone answer my post.

I've acknowledged your hints so:

1-I've ordered noodler's ink so i try

2-I'm trying other papers

consider my capacity to disassemble things i've used the informations in FPN for deassemble my NEW!!! pen.

I've lubricated the piston screw and i've washed completely the single components.

After the component were dried i've reassembled all and i've load the parker quink blu.

After some comparison with some old writtens i could say that the line is a bit more thin.

I'm now enough satisfied but i will try your hints and i will report the results.

Regards

Question: Is the medium nib like a stub?

Or, is it possible to have a medium stubbed?

The platinum plating may be an issue. Once ground off, it would need to be reapplied. Is this beyond the capability of current nibmeisters?

I'd love to have a 2000 in a stub. Just not sure if it's realistic.

The medium nib is not stub-like. It's got normal rounding to the iridium shape and writes more towards a broad size.

You can get an OEM oblique medium that gives some nice line variation. But if you're really after a stub, get a broad or double-broad nib and have a nib tuning expert shape it for you.

The shaping would be done to the nib tipping... a good nib tuner would be careful to guard against marring the platinum plating.

What is your general intent on the use of a stub? I find that the Lamy 2000 is, by design, a workhorse pen intended for prolonged daily use. It does tend to feed on the wet side, so a stub may give a generously wet line--perhaps more than you're interested in. But that's just my speculation as a Lamy 2000 owner. I'd consult with someone like Richard Binder or John Mottishaw (and several others out there noted about the board).

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Russ: Have you tried a 2000 in broad? It may already write stub-like enough for you. (I've never tried, so I don't know. But it would sure be easier than waiting for work to be done.)

• 1 year later...

My Lamy 2000 I found at Siam Paragon, the most luxurious department store in Bangkok TH. You can also buy your Ferrari or Spyker there. I only get to the level of drooling in front of the window though... I got it at a reasonable price, not over but neither cheap. My findings are positive and getting better. Design is great, balance is great, filling is superb, writing had to get used to the nib but we're getting in a better relationship there (I'm a lefty btw and I think that has some slight effect especially on a little bit of more flex nibs). I love the piece.

• 1 month later...

Got my first Lamy 2000 about 3 weeks ago. I have to say, an excellent pen. The unassuming design and use of innovative material makes this indeed a legend among fountain pens. I would not have imagined this design to have come from the 60's. Amazing!

When I first used my Lamy 2K, I had to do some adjustments due to the weight ( I have been using a Rotring 700 EF as my sole FP since college). The metal "ears" also took some getting used to but a couple of hours on a project and they seem to help me orient the pen without having to look at it. A great workhorse pen and well worth the price tag. I actually won mine on ebay for 90.99 USD + $11 shipping. I believe it was a good bargain for a brand-new pen of this legendary acclaim.

For those in asia, lamypenshop.com is a great place to get a Lamy. They carry the full range and with prompt and secure services.

• 2 months later...

thanx

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/sinthavalai/lamy2000.jpg

My fountain pens:

Parker Duofold, Sonnet,Premier

Pelikan Souverän M1000, M800, M805, M600, M400 White tortoise

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage, Valor,

Lamy 2000, Vista, Safari, Joy ,Studio

Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Pilot 78G

• 5 years later...