Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Cafť Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Shaeffer Legacy Heritage
Posted 08 April 2006 - 00:36
Looks - classy but modern (in sandblasted palladium finish). Good fit and finish, everything feels nice and solid befitting itís solid appearance. I almost used the word chunky but I think thatís unfair given the streamlined effect of the rounded ends / torpedo shape.
Medium nib but it writes more like a fine. No complaints here though as the fine line makes it more suitable for work. No line variation but the nib does feel like it has a bit of pleasant spring to it. Medium wetness in my opinion, not too wet but not too dry either. No skipping, always starts and tolerates being uncapped for a couple of minutes also. All writing with this pen so far done with Noodlerís Black BTW.
Cartridge converter Ė OK, it may not excite you but it gets the job done, itís simple and itís reliable. Canít complain.
Excellent Pen. Some people may find it too weighty but itís well balanced and doesnít feel heavy when writing. Looks great, itís drawn more than one comment for me at work and is a good dependable writer. Well worth a look.
Current loves - MB 149, Pelikan M1000
Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:40
Posted 08 April 2006 - 15:07
Seriously, I have one in the same finish, with an extra-fine nib, and I adore it. And I agree with you that it's well balanced, for all its weight. It never strains my hand to write with it for hours.
Posted 08 April 2006 - 23:25
Magnanimity & Pragmatism
Posted 08 April 2006 - 23:38
Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens