The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

REVIEW: Conklin Crescent 2009

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 gary

gary

Kalamazoo direct to you

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 22:36

<!--quoteo(post=955655:date=Mar 1 2009, 01:29 AM:name=QM2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QM2 @ Mar 1 2009, 01:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=955655"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As far as I know, these modern crescent models have been released (feel free to correct me with supplements):

Conklin Mark Twain Crescent 2009 standard model (resins with silver-plated trim)
Conklin Mark Twain Crescent standard model (chased and smooth celluloid finishes and sterling trim)
Conklin Mark Twain Crescent solid silver overlay LE 2004
Conklin Mark Twain Crescent Royal Crescent LE 2003
Conklin Mark Twain Crescent Centenary LE 2001

Stipula Saturno
Stipula L'Orangerie
Stipula Sol Levante
Stipula Crescent for Xalegrafica

Visconti Copernicus
Visconti Millenium Arc

EDITED: I've now learned that the mysterious Stipula Crescent was made for Xalegrafica, so I've changed this information above.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Per Stipula Italy (last month), Saterno crescent filler returns to US market in June or July. I have already contacted FPH in NYC.

Go to Bruno Corsini's website and drool over the custom crescents:
Posted Image

Red Hard Rubber
gary

Sponsored Content

#62 1791thinkshop

1791thinkshop

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:59

I have just ordered a NIB Conklin Mark Twain (Fine) Black Chased Gold... super excited to ink it up. I'm quite the Noodler Nut, but have a pretty broad pallets to experiment. As I prefer something with water resistant qualities. I read that it's a wet one, and pens vary even within model, but has anyone dialed in an ink you really like in this. (BTW; my writing is typically on what most would consider the small side).
So since it's been awhile since this thread was active, are there any new revelations or ink recommendations you all might have after putting some miles on yours?
Semper Fidelis, Shannon
me@1791thinkshop.com

'Smooth is Fast, Fast is Smooth'

#63 jameswatts

jameswatts

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:07

My Mark Twain Crescent is close to useless as it oozes ink. The nib assembly does not fit properly into the section. I've had three Connklin pens and each was a lemon.

#64 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:22

My thoughts on my WONDERFUL Crescent filler . . .

http://www.fountainp...nces/?p=3728247

I bought a browny All American in October and am as delighted with its looks and performance as I am with the Mark Twain Crescent Filler.
Go Conklin  :) 

Best of luck.

Sponsored Content

|