The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pelikan M425

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dandelion

dandelion

reality always trumps fiction

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 18:55

Here is my review of my brand new Pel M425. It is simply stunning, but my pics don't do it justice at all. I hadn't the time to take better pics. Maybe later on.
Enjoy!

Attached Images

• M425_Review.jpg
  • Pelikan_m425_004.jpg
  • Pelikan_m425_009.jpg

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****
*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Sponsored Content

#2 jips123

jips123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 20:39

Nice review! Regarding the toothiness: did you check whether the tines are properly alligned?

#3 I am not a number

I am not a number

Missing believed somewhere else.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 20:50

Great looking pen and a great handwritten review!

Thanks for posting this.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

#4 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,974 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 21:00

Thank you for reviewing the M425, a pen I've also wanted. I especially appreciate the hand-written review.

Also note that if you're using the pen for work, you're covered under Luther's doctrine of vocation: God's own work of creation occurs through your writing. We live by grace through faith alone; there is no fault in using good tools. In fact, we rather expect our auto mechanic, electrician, surgeon, etc., to use good tools and do good work with them. So write away. Sin boldly with the confidence that comes through faith!

#5 diplomat

diplomat

Platinum Member :)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 21:15

Thank you for a great review of a beautiful pen. As you know last week I received an M420, sister to yours. Unfortunately I did not get time yet to review it yet (nor to ink it...) since it is a really busy time for me. But it's nice to see yours in its splendour.

Your pen looks beautiful and I can feel your excitement. Is the monotone nib original? My 420 has a duotone. I also wonder if the two pens were introduced in the market at the same time...
The ink is quite black for a BB: is the scan result true to colours in your opinion?

As for the lutheran part: forget it. Everyone may decide to spend his money as he better believe, if that makes him happy. And pens are not the worst thing in which to spend money. Additionally, pens can be used at work, so that adds to the ethic smile.gif

Oh, last thing: thank you for the few words in Swedish I learnt!

Ciao,

#6 mucephei

mucephei

Pilot Pen Fan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2009 - 22:59

Nice pen! And nice review too.

#7 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:11

I didn't know the M425 had such an Art Deco look to it--nice! Your review is very legible and well written. Thanks! thumbup.gif

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

#8 dandelion

dandelion

• Member - Gold

• 1,828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2009 - 14:57

Thanks for your positive feedback on my review!
I like your notion about the pen as a tool, Russ, and I'll think about it everytime I feel Luthers eyes on me... smile.gif

The monotone white gold (I guess it is rhodium plated gold) is the original for the M425. It does seem a bit odd that the M420 doesn't have the monotone nib as standard as they are sister pens, but it doesn't. At least not in the pics of it I've seen of it. The ink colour is totally wrong in the scanning. This is my new scanner and I'm not certain what the default scanning option is, but when I look at the pic now it looks more like it is in black&white than in colour.

And - last, but not least - the pen is still fab!!! I think the tiny tiny toothiness is disappearing. Cheers/Petra

QUOTE (Russ @ Feb 24 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for reviewing the M425, a pen I've also wanted. I especially appreciate the hand-written review.

Also note that if you're using the pen for work, you're covered under Luther's doctrine of vocation: God's own work of creation occurs through your writing. We live by grace through faith alone; there is no fault in using good tools. In fact, we rather expect our auto mechanic, electrician, surgeon, etc., to use good tools and do good work with them. So write away. Sin boldly with the confidence that comes through faith!

QUOTE (diplomat @ Feb 24 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for a great review of a beautiful pen. As you know last week I received an M420, sister to yours. Unfortunately I did not get time yet to review it yet (nor to ink it...) since it is a really busy time for me. But it's nice to see yours in its splendour.

Your pen looks beautiful and I can feel your excitement. Is the monotone nib original? My 420 has a duotone. I also wonder if the two pens were introduced in the market at the same time...
The ink is quite black for a BB: is the scan result true to colours in your opinion?

As for the lutheran part: forget it. Everyone may decide to spend his money as he better believe, if that makes him happy. And pens are not the worst thing in which to spend money. Additionally, pens can be used at work, so that adds to the ethic smile.gif

Oh, last thing: thank you for the few words in Swedish I learnt!

Ciao,

#9 dandelion

dandelion

• Member - Gold

• 1,828 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:16

After the M425 being away for quite a while, I took some photos of it, which I think is better than the first ones (even if the light could be better) - they give a hint of the translucent dark green. I really like this pen and after getting a new nib (Pelikan changed the nib without charge) it writes like it should - extremely well. Beauty and brains withstand.

#10 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 18:32

nice review
Cogito ergo sum

Sponsored Content