Sheaffer School Pens plus one Scripto

AKMA

When I rekindled my love of fountain pens, I began by buying every example I could find of pens I already knew about. I pounced on some No Nonsense pens, scooped up Esterbrooks, and learned (to my surprise) that Sheaffer school pens were no longer in production, and harder to come by than I expected. I bought a dozen or so, whenever I could obtain them for a plausible price.

Now that I've discovered other pens to love (also), it's time for me to deacquisition most of my school pens.

All are liable to have spots of corrosion inside the cap, on the section, and the friction ring (photos show this clearly). I have dipped these, but not installed any cartridges; dip-testing shows all to write, with the opaque green and translucent red pens giving the smoothest, wettest lines of the group. Prices for these seem to bounce around, depending on how many have been offered how recently, and who's entering the market. I'll offer these at $10 each with CONUS shipping. Paypal preferred.

First PM with a firm "I'll buy it" will get the pen. I'll indicate pens on hold, and mark off the ones that have sold as soon as I receive payment.

SOLD! -- First, Sheaffer with a translucent red body, with rounded ends. The nib is marked "M," but the line was indistinguishable from the line written by the "F" opaque green below.

post-21593-1235227157_thumb.jpg

post-21593-1235227208_thumb.jpg

Second, a Sheaffer with an opaque black body, with the flattened-conical ends. This pen with an "F" nib wrote with a fine line.

post-21593-1235227319_thumb.jpg

post-21593-1235227349_thumb.jpg

Third, a Sheaffer with a translucent green body, conical ends (those are water droplets visible in the body; it hadn't quite dried out when I shot the picture). The "F" nib writes with a dry, fine line, with a leetle bit of tooth.

post-21593-1235227435_thumb.jpg

post-21593-1235227473_thumb.jpg

SOLD! Fourth, a Sheaffer with an opaque dark green body and severely flat ends. This "F" nib wrote with a lovely smooth, wet line.

post-21593-1235227614_thumb.jpg

post-21593-1235227645_thumb.jpg

Finally, a Scripto with tapered rounded ends, dark blue-gray body. I don't think you can easily get cartridges for this pen; I'd suggest experimenting with it as an eyedropper. It writes with a fine, dry line, and a slight problem with the nib results in definite toothiness.

post-21593-1235227813_thumb.jpg

post-21593-1235227843_thumb.jpg

If you encourage me by buying these pens, I'll probably buy more pens further along the food chain; then I'll have to sell more, so it's in your own interest to support my pen habit. Thanks for your time and attention!

Edited by AKMA

Currently inked: Targa, fluted gold / Pelikan M400 / Parker 45 (Steel &Olive) / Sheaffer 440 Blue

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AKMA

• SF Susan

• Rossini

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've sent you a PM asking to buy the red one.

I think I had one exactly like that back in high school. Just looking at the photo makes me nostalgic.

Translucent Red and Opaque Green sold; translucent green, black, and Scripto gray still available.

Currently inked: Targa, fluted gold / Pelikan M400 / Parker 45 (Steel &Olive) / Sheaffer 440 Blue

Sunday morning bump -- make an offer for the remaining pens!

Monday morning bump. Call it eight dollars for each of the Sheaffers, and I'll throw in the Scripto to the first buyer who asks for it.

Tuesday bump.

Black Sheaffer and Scripto on hold pending research on shipping charges.

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files