Troubles with Tryphon?

ccajackson

After a second request for shipping last Thursday, I finally got a response yesterday afternoon, asking for my address (for USPS?). I sent it right away and clarified the order, but as of now, no answer yet. I'm not sure I will ever buy from them again, when they have such unreliable service.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• tryphon

• grebmar

• blueblazes

After a second request for shipping last Thursday, I finally got a response yesterday afternoon, asking for my address (for USPS?). I sent it right away and clarified the order, but as of now, no answer yet. I'm not sure I will ever buy from them again, when they have such unreliable service.

Let me explain something .... Tryphon is a part time business... it IS NOT a full time pen supply business...

Giovanni has a job in the real world and has to travel to Europe quite a bit...

Sylvia and him have a young child that is first in their lives as it should be and they sometimes travel with Giovanni to Europe to visit family...

Like most part time businesses this means that there might not be someone there to answer an email all the time....

Have patience.... they carry some of the best stuff around...

In dealing with customers (particularly impatient customers like many of us often are) it is very useful to try to set expectations.

The nature of ordering items on the web has conditioned most of us to expect very fast response (for example, order confirmations via email in seconds.)

I buy from Tryphon both because they have great products, and also to support the "little guy" in our hobby.

All that said, I think it would be very useful for Tryphon to put some info on their site stating how long (and possibly explaining why) the customer should expect to wait for a reply.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Let me explain something .... Tryphon is a part time business... it IS NOT a full time pen supply business...

Sylvia and him have a young child that is first in their lives as it should be and they sometimes travel with Giovanni to Europe to visit family...

Like most part time businesses this means that there might not be someone there to answer an email all the time....

Thank you for the clarification. As Greg noted above, it would be useful if Tryphon did have a disclaimer of sorts. I don't expect immediate gratification, but reasonably prompt service. As it turns out, I just received the confirmatory note about shipping costs and I will fax in the order today.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Anyone know if Tryphon accepts very small orders? I have emailed them 3 times over two months. I have never received a reply. I don't repair pens. All I need are two “Bantam” Ink Converters. I can't find these anywhere else. I have two small fountain pens that can't accept a converter bigger than 47mm. I see that the min order via of credit card is $20.00. I would send a check but I have no clue of shipping. I figure I am not worth the bother.

I just ordered one, because I'm not sure it will fit my pen, but I asked about four as well. The shipping charge for both cases was $2.90, by mail within the USA. I hope it gets here before I get out of town, but it's not a big deal.

sorry to tell you, but that's what put my order back... they "say" they don't have them in stock!!! hope you get yours in time!

although i agree with you OG, the fact that they don't communicate with a customer for a whole week to let him/her know he's order is on hold, for what ever reason, is not acceptable to a lot of people.

PS. i agree with greg and grebmar about the disclaimer!!

Edited by lovemy51

I sent them an e-mail four days ago and still have not heard back. Just for clarification, what e-mail address should one use? I used tryphon@tryphon.it.

I've ordered razor blades from them before, but never pen supplies. They responded quickly, and everything went smoothly.

Must agree also experiencing troubles with their payment requirements,when sending them a further Ehttps://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif-Mail no answer!

I sent them an e-mail four days ago and still have not heard back. Just for clarification, what e-mail address should one use? I used tryphon@tryphon.it.

I've ordered razor blades from them before, but never pen supplies. They responded quickly, and everything went smoothly.

try this one: sylviabrate@comcast.net

i call sometimes and they help over the phone. this is the number i've called: (561) 792-4244

Edited by lovemy51

For what it's worth: my experience has always been good, considering the business is just a sideline.

I placed my last order 20th February and the response took some time, but I received the goods the 12th of March. Note: this includes sending to Holland! Their products are excellent and Sylvia and Giovanni always add a "complimentary" item, which is very nice.

Do not use info@tryphon.it, but sylviabrate@comcast.net.

regards, Rob

rowingbiker

Paterswolde, The Netherlands

Hi everyone,

It's Sylvia here. I saw there were some people complaint about placing order with us. Let me explain: most of time I didn't get the email. The email went to the wrong address especially this one info@tryphon.it It doesn't work. Please don't send order request to tryphon@tryphon.it as well. Please send it to: sylviabrate@comcast.net. Sometimes I was away from the computer (traveling, baby sick...etc), sometimes there are some questions I couldn't answer had to ask my husband ( he's very busy traveling for his real job) so it may take a while to get back to you (last year I had email problems also cause the same problem). But other than that I always try to do my best to reply and ship the order out as soon as possible. That's why sometime people receive order very fast and some people has to wait for a while. But please keep in mind that this is not the full time job for me. My full time job is taking care of my 2 and half years old daughter. In any case if you didn't hear back from us you can always send another email or give us a call at 5617924244 to make sure get a answer from us. Hope it helps! Any question please feel free to give us a call.

P.S: The bantam converter is out of stock now. We have no idea when it will be available. We will put a notice on board when it's available.

Your patience and business are greatly appreciated.

Sylvia

http://s26.postimg.org/fp30mhy6x/signature.jpg

In punta di penna.....

Anyone know if Tryphon accepts very small orders? I have emailed them 3 times over two months. I have never received a reply. I don't repair pens. All I need are two “Bantam” Ink Converters. I can't find these anywhere else. I have two small fountain pens that can't accept a converter bigger than 47mm. I see that the min order via of credit card is $20.00. I would send a check but I have no clue of shipping. I figure I am not worth the bother.

We accept any amount of order no matter is big or small. Only requirement value of purchase is for the credit card payment due to the cost of transaction. Personal check, Money order or Paypal are all fine. But currently bantam converter is out of stock. If you didn't get any answer from us you can always give us a call at 5617924244.

In punta di penna.....

I couldn't get email from tryphon@tryphon.it. please send it to: sylviabrate@comcast.net I'll take care of it as soon as I can.

In punta di penna.....

Must agree also experiencing troubles with their payment requirements,when sending them a further Ehttps://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif-Mail no answer!

Please send me another email.

In punta di penna.....

This thread is being closed as it seems to have run its course. In fact, it has proceeded a bit further than is usually allowed since it was determined early on that there was no specific problem in contacting Tryphon.

The thread doesn't belong in repair and is being moved to the Market Watch area where it may be more appropriate. In general though, the posting of discussions of retailers, service providers and others is discouraged in that it is an area that needs to be thoroughly explored between the customer and merchant themselves before posting. Requests for contact information are appropriate, but judgments regarding the speed or responsiveness are not appropriate since they often are one sided and usually without all the facts.

Regards,

Gerry