Troubles with Tryphon?

ccajackson

I wanted to see if anyone has had trouble getting hold of the folks at Tryphon? I was trying to put in an order for some supplies and had not heard back from a few emails. The first two may have gone to an incorrect address, but the third should have been correct. I don't see a phone number (just a fax) to try and reach them. Do they generally take a day or two to respond (i.e. I'm just being impatient :embarrassed_smile: )?

Thanks!

C-C

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• tryphon

• grebmar

• blueblazes

I wanted to see if anyone has had trouble getting hold of the folks at Tryphon? I was trying to put in an order for some supplies and had not heard back from a few emails. The first two may have gone to an incorrect address, but the third should have been correct. I don't see a phone number (just a fax) to try and reach them. Do they generally take a day or two to respond (i.e. I'm just being impatient :embarrassed_smile: )?

Thanks!

C-C

I just got an email from Sylvia today. Here's the email address just in case you have the wrong one.

sylviabrate@comcast.net

Also their phone number is (561) 792-4244

Sometimes they do travel and aren't as readily available, but I can tell you that I buy stuff from them all the time, and Sylvia always get's back to me within a couple days.

Blessings,

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

On the shave forums, he has been said to be in Italy a time or two, and then I read a post that he was having to suspend internet sales so he could get caught up.

Whoa, thanks for the quick reply! The most recent email went to the Comcast address, so hopefully it is in their queue. I was eager to do my shopping with them because they seem very well-recommended, and it is "one-stop" for all the items I'm craving. I'll just have to learn to be patient!

Thanks again!

C-C

Finally he said, "Well, the hours are good..."

..."So the hours are pretty good then?" [Ford] resumed.

The Vogon stared down at him as sluggish thoughts moiled around in the murky depths.

"Yeah," he said, "but now you come to mention it, most of the actual minutes are pretty lousy."

-- H2G2

I just received my package earlier this week from them. Wonderful stuff. I did have to wait a little bit, but there were some circumstances that I certainly understood. I stocked up, though, so I should be set for a bit. The email has been working well for me.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

The Abrates are a pleasure to deal with. While they might take a little while to answer your emails, you'll be pleasantly surprised when your order arrives. They have great quality stuff and excellent service.

Same story with me. Took awhile to connect via e-mail, but then they got right on it.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

Dear C-C,

You are going to learn to be patient? In that case I'm going to have to ask you to leave. When one joins FPN one is required to leave his/her patience at the door. You might want to reconsider.

:roflmho:

I'm glad I found this thread. I just placed an order as well and was getting a bit fidgety wondering if they replied to my email and it got sifted by the spam filter.

The Abrates are a pleasure to deal with. While they might take a little while to answer your emails, you'll be pleasantly surprised when your order arrives. They have great quality stuff and excellent service.

Yup they have great stuff, especially waxes and polishes. Sometimes you just gotta wait for the good stuff.

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

I just placed an order Saturday and received the items Monday. Granted I am in the same state, but the communication and delivery speed are unmatched.

I just placed an order Saturday and received the items Monday. Granted I am in the same state, but the communication and delivery speed are unmatched.

Hmmm. I emailed an order on the 21st and still haven't gotten a reply.

I sent a request sometime last week, and still haven't heard back.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

speed... i don't think so!!! but you'll get your order for sure and you'll like it. i had an order placed last week (paid) and just monday i got the reply about shipping the stuff... still haven't gotten anything, but i'm already used to it... i know i'll get it so i don't worry!! B)

Anyone know if Tryphon accepts very small orders? I have emailed them 3 times over two months. I have never received a reply. I don't repair pens. All I need are two “Bantam” Ink Converters. I can't find these anywhere else. I have two small fountain pens that can't accept a converter bigger than 47mm. I see that the min order via of credit card is $20.00. I would send a check but I have no clue of shipping. I figure I am not worth the bother.

speed... i don't think so!!! but you'll get your order for sure and you'll like it. i had an order placed last week (paid) and just monday i got the reply about shipping the stuff... still haven't gotten anything, but i'm already used to it... i know i'll get it so i don't worry!! B)

I would disagree. Initial email Friday night, reply Saturday morning, package arrived Monday morning. Maybe I'm just lucky or geographical location was favorable. I did not receive notification the package was sent, but package arrived.

I would disagree. Initial email Friday night, reply Saturday morning, package arrived Monday morning. Maybe I'm just lucky or geographical location was favorable. I did not receive notification the package was sent, but package arrived.

ok, ok... i disagree with anyone that says they are fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just spoke with sylvia this evening and she said she hadn't sent my order because she couldn't find a small converter i ordered.... i mean, i heard from her monday saying she'll send the package that day and today i get a different story?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. i know i would get my order, no questions about that, but are they slow?

THEY ARE!!!!!!!! and what's worst, their communication is terrible!!!

that being said, would i buy from them again? YES! they have great stuff and i know that with a bit of patience on my part i'll get my things... eventually!!!!

and i do recommend them!!

i'm i weird?... don't answer!

Anyone know if Tryphon accepts very small orders? I have emailed them 3 times over two months. I have never received a reply. I don't repair pens. All I need are two “Bantam” Ink Converters. I can't find these anywhere else. I have two small fountain pens that can't accept a converter bigger than 47mm. I see that the min order via of credit card is $20.00. I would send a check but I have no clue of shipping. I figure I am not worth the bother.

I have dealt with Tryphon once and I ordered off their Catalogue. using their email address at the bottom of the page. Not good. Use Silvia's email as others here have said and you will be fine. If you don't hear back. Send another email. I waited too long, being the long suffering type and found they had not got the email at all. When I sent the email to Silvia I heard faily shortly. Patience, is a virtue up to a point.

I just ordered one, because I'm not sure it will fit my pen, but I asked about four as well. The shipping charge for both cases was $2.90, by mail within the USA. I hope it gets here before I get out of town, but it's not a big deal.