The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Forest Green

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:25

Sponsored Content

#2 Peter from Sherwood Park

Peter from Sherwood Park

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:05

This will help in my quest to find the perfect green ink. Thank you!

#3 Ondina

Ondina

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:16

The name does justice to the color, very nice forest green. I like that you point out the drying time and feathering/bleeding. Any chance of including water fastness and UV test?

#4 Rugrat

Rugrat

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:46

QUOTE (Ondina @ Feb 18 2009, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The name does justice to the color, very nice forest green. I like that you point out the drying time and feathering/bleeding. Any chance of including water fastness and UV test?

Yes, please show how water and UV affect this very nice green ink. I use Green Marine because it is "near bulletproof". It would be awesome if this was near bulletproof as well.

Regards,
Eric

#5 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:16

QUOTE (Ondina @ Feb 18 2009, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the "Water Test" I have done, I just drag a wet cotton swap through the lines. As you can see, it got some water resistance but wasn't really build for that purpose.

Living in southern Arizona, UV test should be pretty easy for me. How long do you want me to leave it outdoors? smile.gif

#6 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:30

QUOTE (Peter from Sherwood Park @ Feb 17 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This will help in my quest to find the perfect green ink. Thank you!

I like green inks a lot so I totally understand. What kind of green are you looking for?

#7 SamCapote

SamCapote

Got Warm Milk?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2009 - 22:55

That's a nice looking green. Has it been compared to Noodler's Hunter's Green?
With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

#8 TwilightFury

TwilightFury

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:07

QUOTE (chkuo @ Feb 18 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a bottle of this ink myself, and I liken it to 'Emerald City' green, like in The Wizard of Oz. cool.gif

Pens I own: Waterman Hemisphere F, Pelikan Epoch M, Parker Frontier Luna Purple M, 9 Lamy Safaris, 2 Pelikan Futures, 2 Heros, Taccia Amethyst Mosaic M, Lamy 2000 B, Kaweco Sport B, Pelikan M101N Souveran
When I win the lottery: Montblanc Boheme Doue Collection - Pirourette with Lilac Stone FP

#9 hsianloon

hsianloon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2011 - 20:23

Has anyone used the Diamine Delamere Green? It's my favourite dark green ink, but zero water resistant. This Noodler's Forest green looks similar, anyone has both and can comment and compare them ? Would be much appreciated..

#10 Khranos

Khranos

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 16:51

This was one of the first non-black inks I bought. I absolutely loved the colour, but I have just a bit of trouble getting past the feathering it has on cheaper papers. This may have been because I mostly used it in a flex pen, but I think it may just be the ink. 

All things considered however, if you have decent quality paper and are looking for a darker, bolder green, this is definitely for you.

#11 I like mango cheesecake

I like mango cheesecake

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2013 - 17:03

I just bought forest green on Friday and used it to write four full pages of notes all in one go.  Awesome ink.  I didn't like it at first as it was the second choice green for me. It kinda grows on you.  Very good ink.

Sponsored Content

|