The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Levenger Fireball

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:32

Sponsored Content

#2 Peter from Sherwood Park

Peter from Sherwood Park

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:13

Thank you for this review. On my monitor, this looks very close to Waterman Red. Can someone who has used both inks make a comment?

#3 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:43

Waterman Red is a bright,light, pure red. Levenger Fireball is not really red nor orange, it is something between red and orange. Will have to find sometime to do a comparison.

#4 wrath186

wrath186

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2009 - 14:44

I have no experience with the Waterman, but the Levenger is my favorite ink to write with. I can say that on my monitor the images appear almost too red. Fireball is more orange. Great red to write with though.

As an aside I was told that Levenger is discontinuing production of Fireball and a few others, so if you love it like I do you had better stock up.

Hope to see a comparison of the waterman and fireball soon.
Posted Image

#5 Ann Finley

Ann Finley

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:35

QUOTE (wrath186 @ Feb 18 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no experience with the Waterman, but the Levenger is my favorite ink to write with. I can say that on my monitor the images appear almost too red. Fireball is more orange. Great red to write with though.

As an aside I was told that Levenger is discontinuing production of Fireball and a few others, so if you love it like I do you had better stock up.

Hi there! There's a comparison of Levenger Fireball & Waterman Red at the bottom of my review of Levenger Fireball. Hard to tell on the comparison, but Fireball leans just a little more orange.

Best, Ann

#6 chkuo

chkuo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:11

QUOTE (wrath186 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, it also looks too red on my screen but I am not sure how to adjust the scan setting. Waterman Red is a bit too bright for me so I haven't use for a long time, will do a comparison when I dig up the bottle.

I use Fireball to do highlighting and write short summary sentences. It is too bright for extensive writing, but that's just me.

#7 wrath186

wrath186

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2009 - 13:56

I love the brightness of it. It's just a nice peppy red to work with, IMHO. I use it exclusively in all but four of my pens. The others are devoted to BSB.
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|