MB Starwalker Clip repair

fedagent28

Hello to everyone,

The pocket clip on my Starwalker FP is a bit out of shape. What I mean is that the clip doesn't touch the pen cap. In other words, I can't clip the pen to my pocket.

How can I remove the clip so that I can bend the clip back to its "normal" shape so that it works again?

Many thanks and regards.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fedagent28

• Moose

• asimplemaestro

• GOB Bluth

Maybe it is just me, but I would probably take it into a Boutique (if you have one nearby) or send it into Montblanc. I know that there is a special device they have to loosen the star on the top. My star was coming loose and it was making my clip wiggle like crazy. I took it into the Boutique near me and walked out not five minutes later with a tightened pen and not having paid a dime.

All that to say, you need to find some way to get into the inside of the cap and loosen that floating star. That should allow you to remove your clip.

Personally, I would probably just send it in.

Well for you, if you wrestle on, for in persistency lies victory, and with the morning may come the wished-for blessing. But not always; there is a struggle with defeat which some of you will have to bear, and it will be well for you if you have cultivated a cheerful equanimity. Remember, too, that sometimes 'from our desolation only does the better life begin.' Even with disaster ahead, it is better to face them with a smile, and with the head erect, than to crouch at their approach. And, if the fight is for principle and justice, even when failure seems certain, where many have failed before, cling to your ideal, and, like Childe Roland before the dark tower, set the slug-horn to your lips, blow the challenge, and calmly await the conflict.

--"Aequanimitas" William Osler

Valedictory Address, University of Pennsylvania, May 1, 1889

Maybe it is just me, but I would probably take it into a Boutique (if you have one nearby) or send it into Montblanc. I know that there is a special device they have to loosen the star on the top. My star was coming loose and it was making my clip wiggle like crazy. I took it into the Boutique near me and walked out not five minutes later with a tightened pen and not having paid a dime.

All that to say, you need to find some way to get into the inside of the cap and loosen that floating star. That should allow you to remove your clip.

hi,

thanks for the reply :thumbup:

hi,

thanks for the reply :thumbup:

Ditto...good to know!

Yep, it is a special tool that you need to use to tighten the retainer...best bet is a MB boutique. SHould be a no charge repair.

The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your whole life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

-Katsumoto (from the Last Samurai)

Yep, it is a special tool that you need to use to tighten the retainer...best bet is a MB boutique. SHould be a no charge repair.

bummer... today i dropped by a MB boutique here in singapore. the staff told me that it has to be sent back to the service center and they would charge me $20 to fix it.. guess i got no choice and i had it sent to the center.

• 3 months later...

bummer... today i dropped by a MB boutique here in singapore. the staff told me that it has to be sent back to the service center and they would charge me $20 to fix it.. guess i got no choice and i had it sent to the center.

Maybe if you'd dropped by the service center personally, there might not have been a agent/service charge. But that's asia for you. Pay for everything premium!!!

Cheers!

• 9 years later...

A decade later...

My clip was loose, rattling. A pencil upside down with the eraser end going into the cap fits perfectly. Twist and its tight.