Which Montblanc FP has the coolest design?

lawdr

Which Montblanc FP (from this list only) is the coolest one?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Which Montblanc FP (from this list only) is the coolest one?

• Yehudi Menuhin
    • Johann Sebastian Bach
    • Herbert Von Karajan
    • Leonard Bernstein
    • Franz Kafka
    • Agatha Christie
    • Voltaire
    • Edgar A. Poe
    • Miguel de Cervantes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kenny

• RSVP

• Titivillus

• lawdr

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I quite like the look of the Greta Garbo special edition (that is if you keep the pen capped B) ... the streamline for some reason just doesn't carry to the section and the nib), but for the moment, Kafka.

Actually I quite like the look of the Greta Garbo special edition (that is if you keep the pen capped  B) ... the streamline for some reason just doesn't carry to the section and the nib), but for the moment, Kafka.

As MBs go - I like the Garbo, too.

Today I looked in on a jewelry store in the Med center and studied their MB display briefly (no prices displayed of course.)

I had never seen those tiny little MBs - ooooooohh.. . totally out of my budget range but what a darling little pen. I'm not sure I like the Pel 300 as much (also out of my budget.)

p.s. - what is the smallest Meisterstuck (sp?) called? Which # designation that is.

i think there is a similarly small Boheme? the full size looks ugly to me but the little one... very cool.

Edited by KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

WOW!!! That Black Widow is really amazing! I especially like the nib -- I love it that MB does wacky dramatic things with nibs, like the cockroach on the Kafka. But tell the truth -- if you had this pen, could you actually bring yourself to write with it? It's definitely one way to make a statement! :ph34r:

Petra

I voted on the one I bought -- Herbert Von Karajan.

Nice facetted cap band and flat top caught my eye.

Nice smooth writer, too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ebaywatch888/PT%20Sales/IMG_1606.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ebaywatch888/PT%20Sales/IMG_1607.jpg

Edited by KCkc

I voted on the one I bought -- Herbert Von Karajan.

Nice facetted cap band and flat top caught my eye.

Nice smooth writer, too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ebaywatch888/PT%20Sales/IMG_1606.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ebaywatch888/PT%20Sales/IMG_1607.jpg

excellent choice. I am planning to get the same one soon.

BTW: The clip looks similar to that of a Pelikan pen.

Edited by lawdr

I had never seen those tiny little MBs - ooooooohh.. . totally out of my budget range but what a darling little pen. I'm not sure I like the Pel 300 as much (also out of my budget.)

p.s. - what is the smallest Meisterstuck (sp?) called? Which # designation that is.

It's the Mozart. I want one! In Bordeaux. I'm kicking myself because someone was selling them at a great price in DC. I let a little thing like Rick and myself being unemployed at the time get in the way.

It's the Mozart. I want one! In Bordeaux. I'm kicking myself because someone was selling them at a great price in DC. I let a little thing like Rick and myself being unemployed at the time get in the way.

okay - that's what I thought.

yeah - being broke is such a pain sometimes. :P

i have no use for such a tiny pen - but it really was lovely to look at.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

The clip features a baton. Nice touch.

Wow. That makes the pen look even better now! I am going to buy this gem as soon as I get the $$$$$!

I had never seen those tiny little MBs - ooooooohh.. . totally out of my budget range but what a darling little pen.  I'm not sure I like the Pel 300 as much (also out of my budget.)

Elaine,

If you are interested in being first in line if I ever sell the Burgundy Mozart set, send me a PM.

I do not foresee parting with them soon, but Elaine McIntyre waited for a year before taking in the 51 Mottishaw stub.

Also, the Mozart FP was the FP that got me back into the FP accumulation trails a while ago.

At the mean time, enjoy (Left to right : Mozart one-pen sleeve, Rossi 149, 147 Traveller, Mozart FP in MED & BP set)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ebaywatch888/IMG_1687.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love the Karajan, and did see one at a great price at the Ohio Pen Show last year at Bill Weakley's table. It was a gorgeous, but, alas, the little thing called "lack of money in the good ol'bank account" stopped me.

I am talking only about the design.

I don't think that any MB designs could be considered cool. Then again I don't think alot of all fountain pens could be considered cool.

K

• 3 months later...

I'm not normally an MB person (although I might pick up a vintage MB one day) but the Kafka is both distinctive and tasteful.

Edited by meanwhile

- Jonathan

Sorry buddy but I think all these MB pens doesnt get close to the timeless classic of the MB 149.Its a clean, beautiful and will always be a true classic.

So I didnt vote for any of the pens you listed.

Respect to all

Sorry buddy but I think all these MB pens doesnt get close to the timeless classic of the MB 149.Its a clean, beautiful and will always be a true classic.

So I didnt vote for any of the pens you listed.

But like spats which can be considered timeless they might not be considered cool :lol: