nibmeister testimonial

Tony the Tiger

First of all, the usual disclaimers. I do not have any vested interest in Greg's services. I'm just a new, but happy customer. I recently sent him a couple of projects. One was a M nib Visconti VG Maxi in Evergreen, that I never really warmed up to, despite how nice a pen it is. The other was a black M nib Dunhill Sidecar, that had an aggravating skipping problem. For both of these pens, not only did Greg make whatever flow adjustments that were necessary, but he also re-ground each to a stub nib. Man, what a difference! The VG was filled with PR Ebony Green, and the Sidecar with PR Velvet Black. Now, both write very smoothly, slightly wet, and with a nice amount of varation. The turn-around time was amazingly fast. You have several nib-meisters out there to choose from. I would think that you couldn't do a lot better than Greg, all factors considered.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/tnations/ViscontiVG1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/tnations/DunhillSidecar1.jpg

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony the Tiger

• Deirdre

• kiavonne

• Inked

The samples look wonderful, Tony, thank you for the input!

You're so welcome. The wonderful penmanship was done by Greg's wife, who has quite the professional hand, it seems to me. It's amazing how much better both of them write now--like buttah!

CURRENT STABLE:

(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:

MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

Here's the before and after pictures of the ones I had Greg do:

http://gregminuskin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dscn37791.jpg

http://gregminuskin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dscn37841.jpg

Amazing work with about a week's turnaround.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Deirdre, those look phenomenal. Like brand new. I'm sure you were pleased to no end. BTW, what is the pen/nib with the capital N?

Edited by Tony the Tiger

CURRENT STABLE:

It's a Nettuno Skipper. I bought it NOS and dropped it on its first fill. :(

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

This is so cool to see!

I just sent Greg my own pen disaster this week. I have very high hopes for a smooth return!

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

This is so cool to see!

I just sent Greg my own pen disaster this week. I have very high hopes for a smooth return!

Well, judging from just my 2 pens, I'd be amazed if you didn't just love the results.

CURRENT STABLE:

It's a Nettuno Skipper. I bought it NOS and dropped it on its first fill. :(

TYVM

CURRENT STABLE:

Greg does great work and very quickly and without a lot of fanfare or back slapping. Here is another before and after of a Vac nib he did for me. Door to door in less than a week from MN to CA and back.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/Nibs/DSC_0003-1.jpg

and

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/Nibs/DSC_0007-1.jpg

Greg does great work and very quickly and without a lot of fanfare or back slapping. Here is another before and after of a Vac nib he did for me. Door to door in less than a week from MN to CA and back.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/Nibs/DSC_0003-1.jpg

and

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/Nibs/DSC_0007-1.jpg

very nice; looks like a brand new nib

and cmenice, I do plan on sending Greg some stainless steel nibbed pens I don't use much, to make them cursive italics

CURRENT STABLE:

This is so cool to see!

Well, judging from just my 2 pens, I'd be amazed if you didn't just love the results.

I received my pen back from Greg on Saturday. One week! The nib is all fixed and spiffy looking and it is the smoothest stub with which I have ever written. The cost of a new nib would have been perhaps a shade under the repair costs, but then I wouldn't have the wonderful writer I have now. I guess the tile floor was fated to meet with my pen so I could discover just how good Greg is.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Greg did two nibs for me. A Parker Vac and a Lamy.

Super-balls on both.

They are the most amazing things that I have.

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

I'd like to add my voice to the praise. I've had two nibs worked on by Greg and he's done a fabulous job on both.