Source of DENSO Diary?

FrozenPen

Anyone seen this type of diary layout before?

DENSO, an automotive supplier, passes these out to their employees and customers every year. Great robust diary with a unique layout. The only origin markings are "Made in Japan".

I'd like to find the manufacturer to see if they sell a non-logo version to individuals.

Jim.

post-15284-1234324418_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jared C

• FrozenPen

• MattFJ73

• billy25

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DENSO, an automotive supplier, passes these out to their employees and customers every year. Great robust diary with a unique layout. The only origin markings are "Made in Japan".

I'd like to find the manufacturer to see if they sell a non-logo version to individuals.

Jim.

I'm looking for this. If you can post a picture of the cover that may help. I'm thinking Apica or Maruman right now.

Edited by Neill78

Well I was unable to find anything identical to what you have.

Here's something close: http://www.ito-techo.co.jp/kiseihin/desktop/index.html

It may be something from that manufacturer; I haven't looked at everything on that site. If you can type Japanese, search for ビジネス手帳, ビジネスダイアリー and you will get a lot of hits.

And of course there is the strong possibility that it is a custom-made diary just for Denso corporation so you may not find anything exactly the same. I think most of the major paper companies in Japan create order-made products for companies so it could come from any of them. If you ask Denso where they get them, there's a good chance they would tell you.

I sure like that, it also helps that in my past life I have installed thousands of their spark plugs and other parts.

Amos

The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Albert Einstein

Jim.

Jim from your information it is a size A5 paper. They use european sizes here in Japan. I will check with a local book store to see if I can find anything like it. Warren

• 2 years later...

After much searching, I found this forum. Please tell me if you know the current state of research in this special paper from around the world.

respectfully,

manbearpig

Edited by manbearpig

• 3 weeks later...

I work at DENSO, and can probably get anyone a version of this journal, problem is, they do cost us money, i think 6 bucks apiece. They're not too bad, but most inks do bleed through. They're a good size though, and are laid out in a pretty good way, even include graph paper in the back.

Let me know if anyone wants one of these, and I'll see what I can do.

These look quite similar, and may be what your looking for. I am not sure if Kokuyo licenses their products out, but it wouldn't shock me. These are great notebooks, and I often take them with me when I travel to conferences.

Kokuyo Notebooks

These look quite similar, and may be what your looking for. I am not sure if Kokuyo licenses their products out, but it wouldn't shock me. These are great notebooks, and I often take them with me when I travel to conferences.

Kokuyo Notebooks

The ruling of these looks similar, but definitely not the same book. the denso books are really ...floppy. they have no support to them at all other than the vinyl covers, think softer than mead 5 star cover. I'll get mine tomorrow and take some scans/pictures of it. I prefer to use other notebooks at work, some that are slightly smaller, or ones that vendors give us, so i dont have a current one, but one from 2011.

Kokuyo Notebooks

The ruling of these looks similar, but definitely not the same book. the denso books are really ...floppy. they have no support to them at all other than the vinyl covers, think softer than mead 5 star cover. I'll get mine tomorrow and take some scans/pictures of it. I prefer to use other notebooks at work, some that are slightly smaller, or ones that vendors give us, so i dont have a current one, but one from 2011.

The Kokuyo notebooks are floppy as well; they have a thicker board binding, so that they can slide into the cover, should you choose to spend the extra cash on it.

Jared C,

Thanking to you for locating such type of book as the Denso. Resale is possible at my location for 8 pieces. Possibility to ship my house would be good. Please inform to me and my friends.

Gracias!

• 4 months later...

I work at DENSO, and can probably get anyone a version of this journal, problem is, they do cost us money, i think 6 bucks apiece. They're not too bad, but most inks do bleed through. They're a good size though, and are laid out in a pretty good way, even include graph paper in the back.

Let me know if anyone wants one of these, and I'll see what I can do.

Jared C, can you still get one of these? These are great journals but I have not been able to find one.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Bringing this one back from the dead, again.

I bought 4 extra diaries from work, so that I can pass them on to the people that may be interested.

PM me if you want one.

I'll get an in-depth description up this evening for all those interested.

The manufacturer of these books change the color year by year, this year just so happens to be a putty gray. The color of the book is much lighter than what my scanner made it out to be, It's a tad lighter than automotive primer gray. Past year colors were: 2013 red, 2012 was a royal blue, 2011 was dark gray.

The pictures in the first post lays out all the features and measurements of the paper the best.

They still don't have any real markings other than "made in japan" and "100% recycled." Even though they are recycled, FP inks work pretty good on em, certainly a step up from the copy paper they buy.

Fine nibs and XF nibs are right at home in this paper, anything beyond Medium is pushing it in the size dept, and even an XF is about too big for the grid spacing at the end of the notebook @ 1mm grid.

Sorry about some of the scans, the book was brand new and not bendy yet, so my scanner had a hard time getting a good image, but these are more for representation than anything.

Front Cover:

post-41932-0-14217500-1387427884_thumb.jpg

Yearly Planner:

post-41932-0-31475300-1387427879_thumb.jpg

Monthly Planner (Goes to April 2015):

post-41932-0-36286300-1387427865_thumb.jpg

Normal ruled pages (roughly 92 pages) with page markers:

post-41932-0-90630100-1387427877_thumb.jpg

Tiny...Tiny grid ruling (11 pages):

post-41932-0-60198700-1387427868_thumb.jpg

Time Zone Chart:

post-41932-0-52423000-1387427871_thumb.jpg

Address Page:

post-41932-0-54586800-1387427874_thumb.jpg

Name and Phone:

post-41932-0-22802400-1387427876_thumb.jpg

Back Cover with Business Card Pouch:

post-41932-0-13145500-1387427883_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello

Did anyone here ever work out how to find the manufacturer of these Denso Diaries.

I am very keen to contact them and see if I can arrange to buy some, or some very similar.

Otherwise, does anyone know how i can get hold of one?

I am in the UK, and really appreciate help with this.

Thanks you and Best to all

Stuart

• 2 years later...

Just got my 2017 Denso diary. Dark grey cover this year. No one that I talked to at Denso knows who the manufacturer of these notebooks is.

I've since moved on to using an Apica notebook but the Denso is still a favorite. Nearly indestructible, efficient calendar layouts, and perfect grid spacing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I am also looking for the source of these type of Japanese diary books. I get the same kind that Denso passes out every year except mine come from Bridgestone Corporation Japan. I have seen the Denso ones and they are almost an exact match. If anyone knows, I would be interested. Aisin corporation also gifts out the same type of diary with their logo as well.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/mahickey/IMG_2512_zpsgreotweg.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/mahickey/IMG_2514_zpsmsffnlt2.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l170/mahickey/IMG_2515_zpszdgzaulr.jpg

Edited by MattFJ73