Are you ready to become a Director of the PCA?

Len Provisor

The PCA is seeking candidates who will be interested to run for position of Director.

The PCA will vote for nine (9) members to the Board with ballots mailed in October.

There is no pay, we are all volunteers and the work is simply for the pleasure of

helping to provide something important to the worldwide membership of pen collecting enthusiasts. The Directors and the Editorial staff of the PENNANT magazine are dedicated to building an informative website and publishing a quality magazine three times per year.

If you really enjoy this hobby and would like to participate within the PCA as a

Director, read the following information.

Not too difficult, really. Any one Board member would work or serve as an assistant to others in one Committee. You would vote on issues, explore ideas and projects to build the PCA and how to better serve the membership. It's fun, it is the very front line of the hobby and you would have the appreciation of every person in the membership.

The PCA Nominating Committee Chairman is Saul Kirchener. Saul and his Committee are now seeking those who may be interested to accept nomination as candidates for the position as Members of the Board of Directors of the PCA.

If you are interested or have questions contact any member of this Committee or

any member of the present Board of Directors of the PCA.

ByLaws Article VII Elections Section 1

There shall be a Nominating Committee composed of three (3) members as appointed by the Board. The members of the Committee shall elect one of these as Chairperson.

The 2006 Nominating Committee members are John Mottishaw, John Strother, Cliff Harrington and Chairman was Saul Kitchener.

Letter to Nominating Committee :

The purpose of this document is to advise the Nominating Committee that selection

of candidates for the Board of Directors requires careful consideration for highly

qualified and dedicated individuals to assume the responsibilities of this position.

A candidate does not need to be a member of the P.C.A. at the time of solicitation

for candidacy but should be enrolled as a member at the time of their acceptance.

The duration of office for each newly elected Director shall be determined by vote among the elected Board of Directors during the Annual Board of Directors Meeting at the OH Pen Show Nov 2006. Terms of Directors shall be established so that no more than one-third (1/3) of the terms of all Directors shall expire in one year.

Of the nine (9) members of the Board three (3) shall be appointed to a one (1) year term, three (3) shall be appointed to a two (2) year term and three (3) shall be appointed to a three (3) year term. Each Board member may hold two (2) terms of office.

All of the present Board members are eligible for re-election if they are asked

and choose to become candidates. The previous P.C.A., Inc was dissolved and reformed as P.C.A., NFP (Not For Profit), as a result the present Board members are eligible for a first term in the new P.C.A., NFP.

Further, it is recommended that the Nominating Committee submit this explanation

of Duties and Responsibilities as outlined below to every person solicited before

they make their decision to accept the nomination.

Candidates wishing to accept Nomination should reply to the Chairman with their

brief profile, extent of activities or participation in the pen collecting community

and a stated reason as to how they may contribute to the organization and the membership.

The Nominating Committee should compile their selection of candidates for consideration and submit that list to the Board of Directors before the candidates are solicited. The Board of Directors are not empowered to approve or disapprove the considered candidates, rather the P.C.A. will review and advise the Nominating Committee as to the selection of candidates.

Candidates should be encouraged to ask questions of anyone on Nominating Committee or the Board of Directors, past or present to clarify duties and responsibilities prior to making decision to become a candidate for Director.

Duties of Board of Directors of the P.C.A.

Duties and Responsibilities should be clearly outlined and presented to any potential candidates to review before they make a commitment.

It should be understood that members of the Board of Directors are required to actively participate on all issues and business presented to the P.C.A. and also volunteer to serve on one or more Committees established by the Board of Directors.

The Board of Directors serves as the governing body of the P.C.A. and is responsible for establishing the mission and objectives of the P.C.A. through promulgating and administration of ByLaws, policies and procedures.

The Nominating Committee is directed to carefully consider the qualifications and

experiences of those who may be asked to consider placing themselves into nomination for election to the Board of Directors.

It is requested that each person considered be given the Duties and Responsibilities of the Board of Directors for review before they make final decision to participate.

It should be understood that the position of being on the Board of Directors, as

voted by the membership of the P.C.A. is an obligation to serve as their representative in the best interest of the organization, to actively serve and participate as outlined below. Each member of the Board is expected to actively participate in any and all issues that need to be resolved for the benefit of the P.C.A.

Each member of the Board is required to volunteer for one or more of the following

committees.

Finance Committee

work with Treasurer and President

This Committee includes the responsibility of providing an annual budget as defined in ByLaws Article VIII Standing Committees Section 1 .

Membership Committee

To maintain membership lists and fulfill annual renewal mailings. To develop and implement methods of recruiting, retaining and growing the membership of the organization. This involves working with Treasurer as membership is submitted.

Publicity/Advertising & Promotion

internet, publicity and marketing/advertising. Besides the President and Vice-President of the P.C.A., this person is the spokesperson for the P.C.A. to release news updates and announcements relative to P.C.A. activities.

Pen Shows Committee

to arrange for U.S. pen show exposure and displays. To work with Pen Show promoters for P.C.A. exhibit space, support advertising and exposure.

Ways and Means Committee

ByLaws Article IX Duties of Standing Committees Section 1 Ways and Means

This Committee shall devise and execute methods of fund raising projects or other

means of financial support that will furnish the income needed to finance the organizations

activities and to support the P.C.A in accordance with our current policies.

Editorial Board

The development and implementation of policy and procedure to

govern publication of The Pennant working with Editor and staff of The Pennant.

Literally every member of the Board of Directors should actively participate on

the Editorial Board with at least 2 maintaining close communication with the Editor

and staff. This is further defined in the old P.C.A. ByLaws

Corporate Sponsor Committee

This Committee is responsible for the solicitation of Corporate Sponsors and Donors. To create and assist in Corporate Sponsor advertising, promotion and assisting the Pennant Advertising Manager.

This person should work with the Editor of the Pennant to secure editorial material

from these Sponsors relative to vintage or vintage/modern topical material.

Education Committee

To Develop, and implement programs for the purpose of implementing and providing education programs on writing instruments to the membership, the public and educational institutions.

Our P.C.A. NFP charter 501 (3) c is dependent upon public education such as Pens for Kids or any other projects we develop in the future. Also, in soliciting donations of pens or goods from Corporate Sponsors, 501 (3) c allows 100% tax deduction.

To provide media publicity and information to educational and public service bodies

in any areas for the purpose of education and promotion of the P.C.A. and the use

of writing instruments.

Website Maintenance

Website updates and maintenance working with designated webmaster and IT service staff.

Each Committee, through its Chairman, is required to provide activity and progress

reports to the Board of Directors as requested.

It is recommended that each Board member provide or solicit at least two articles

for The Pennant in the term of their office, attend at least two pen shows per year

and attend the Annual Membership Meeting as designated by the Board.

Thank you for supporting your hobby and the PCA

Pen Collectors of America

www.pencollectors.com

Pen Collectors of America

www.pencollectors.com

1991 - 2006

15 Years and Growing

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Provisor