• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

149 demonstrator M nib, omas turquoise :cloud9:

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

Meisterstück Diamond Rollerball and Starwalker Cool Blue BB nib, both with Montblanc Black ink.

Regards

Alaster

Still using the Dumas, these are pictures of the nib taken by Greg Minuskin after the re-tip to OBB.

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

That nib looks crazy Soulmaker. I really think I should try a broad or bigger.

Today I have been using my Dostoevsky EF nib. The pen rarely gets inked due to the EF nib but I've been enjoying using it on cheap copier paper. Using MB

Lavender ink.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Still using the Dumas, these are pictures of the nib taken by Greg Minuskin after the re-tip to OBB.

The most beautiful nib made by Montblanc, IMO, and probably one of the nicest nibs never made.

My newly adjusted 147 Traveller with Mystery Black ink.

Is this the one that was scratchy? Did you get it fixed?

Yes. I took it back on Friday and had him realign the nib and feed so that they're straight. Then I asked him to adjust it a bit to improve the scratchiness. He said he purposefully misaligned the tines slightly to the way they were (though not as bad) so that the tines were more aligned at the iridium point.

Long story short, the nib is much improved. I'm very happy with it now. :thumbup:

Have all 6 of my 146s inked with Iroshizuku colors. Nibs range from B to BB to OBB. :cloud9:

Wow! 6 146s! Wow. These pens look so big - how heavy are they (in grams)? Not thinking of buying one, but I´m always curious about the weight when I see pictures of these pens.

They're actually pretty light, tho' it varies from brass to plastic screws to metal. A platinum trim resin weighs in at .9 oz on my postage scale, while the hematite weighs 1.6 and the gold stripe [i'm not sure that's the technical name for the gold stripes over black] weighs 1.6 as well. Most of mine are resin and all were bought used or NOS.

Thank you for the info! I like that they use resin - it keeps the weight down. I would call 0.9 oz (about 26.5 grams) semi-heavy. It borders on too heavy for me. My Caréne is 33 g (1.16 oz. which is too heavy IMHO if I have to write for long periods of time).

Actually, a bigger and heavier pen may help during long stretches if you have a very light grip. Gently wrap (drape?) your fingers around the pen and its weight do the work. I guess that's why the 149 is a popular daily writer. Looks huge at first, but works very well. (The large amount of ink it holds, certainly helps as well.)

So, it should come as no surprise that I am using a late-1980s Montblanc 149 medium at work, with Waterman Florida Blue.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Colodi (F) - MB Toffee Brown, Christie (F) - Dragon's Blood (Own Mix), 149 (F) - R&K Leipziger Schwarz

50's mb 144 with de artemenis Julius Caesar. Nib is an ob flexible that writes dry by with the slightest pressure opens up. Makes for some very nice shading

My 1950s MB 149 with it's superb 'F' - 'M' nib. Taking one of my Grail Pens out of the house and into the office for the first time has been a real joy...and it is only Tuesday! I don't really have sufficient words to describe the sheer smugness I get from using this fantastic pen at work! B) Just bursting for someone at work to show sufficient interest to enable me to show off! Never mind. I've always got you guys to be able look forward to :P

In addition, another vintage piece of mine, a MB 234 1/2 Luxury version, with an 'OM' nib, both FPs carrying Mystery Black (perfect for work). My team for the week is typically completed with my MB 163 Rollerball and a MB 165 Pencil. What a great day! :D

Pavoni.

Dumas B nib with MB Black. Have to write on cheap paper today, so it's unbeatable. Matching pencil for financial stuff.