What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Since this thread is still going... Thought I'd share. I'm using 3 (well, 2):

- Montblanc 242 - man, I love taking off the blind cap and just inhaling! Surprisingly comfortable for its size- one of the side effects of celluloid is that it's just so sticky- smaller pens don't need to be gripped as tightly... Mix of MB Racing Green and PR Avocado. I got it back from Mr. Binder late last week, and it's not left my bag or shirt collar since...

- MB 100 year Historical retractable LE- Er, not really! A fake! Knockoff, "replica" But a surprisingly great writer. MB Racing Green.

and... my MB 146. Because I've had so many other pens to play with recently, I've not been using my One True Pen nearly as much as I have in the past. I've continued to tote around my 1950s celluloid 146, but it just hasn't seen much use.

But in the end, it's still one of the most reliable pens I've used- after not writing more than a few scribbles with it for the last two weeks, it went back to writing today without skipping a beat, and without anything remotely like a hard start. The cap comes off with that luxuriously sticky celluloid against celluloid friction, I'm hit with the smell of camphor, and the Quink Blue-Black and Skrip Purple lays down without hesitation and without any inconsistency.

*sigh* I really should use this pen more!

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

• 4 weeks later...

My gear today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_6768.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_0073.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Still using these! Gosh, this love must be for real.

http://www.queenmargot.com/schiller_100b.jpg

I just loaded up my 146 in black resin and platinum after a long hiatus from my rotation. It's happily writing with Noodler's El' Lawrence. I forgot how much I love this pen.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

QM, would you quit? I'm considering a Schiller if I can hunt up a nib in my size :hmm1: Just can't afford it right now. :bonk:

QM, would you quit? I'm considering a Schiller if I can hunt up a nib in my size :hmm1: Just can't afford it right now. :bonk:

Mmmmm Schiller... so handsome ... so dark and brooding ...so intellectual!

Starwalker Cool Blue FP B nib black ink (oooohh nice stuff)

149 M nib blue/black MB ink (out of this world)

149 F nib black MB ink (this is getting out of hand..somebody stop me!!!)

7 hours at work on a Saturday. Just great.

At least I had my 146P with me, and the work's all done.

Sashimi dinner here I come! :puddle:

Mmmmm Schiller... so handsome ... so dark and brooding ...so intellectual!

Sounds like the Persian Diversion. :headsmack: :roflmho:

My new 146.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My new 146.

What nib did you get?

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

I just flushed out my Poe (B nib) today and am trying to decide whether or not to refill it it with Montblanc Bordeaux, the only ink I have used in it. My Fitz (Thanks, QM2) is used almost daily.

Dennis B

http://www.parkvillepen.com/images/montblanc/poe-fitz.jpg

A number of them: (1) Solti, B, Private Reserve Fiesta Red; (2) Dumas, B, same ink; (3) A. Christie, OB, Stipula, Muschiato.

Today, my MBs ready-to-go along with other filled pens are: My 146G EF flex (for which I will be forever grateful to Eric) filled with MB sepia or bordeaux - I'm not sure which. This pen will always be inked. Also, my Dostoevsky BB cursive italic filled with Florida blue (soon to switch to Aurora blue). A 144R with a red cartridge of that MB love ink. And finally my 146 sterling guilloche filled with violet.

Fred

my 1977 MB 149 with its extra fine semi flexible nib filled with waterman encre violette.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time