What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

I'm using my Meisterstück 144 at the moment, such a beauty. Filled it with Akkerman #9 ink.

~ TheMajestic:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network and the Montblanc Forum!

Like you, I love writing with a Meisterstück 144.

Mine are both EF nibs. May I please ask what nib yours has?

Until reading your post, I'd never heard of Akkerman #9 Laan Van Nieuw Oost-Indigo ink.

Looking for reviews, I'm impressed by the exceptional shading and distinctive hue.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/233700-akkerman-laan-van-nieuw-oost-indigo/

https://www.wellappointeddesk.com/2016/02/ink-review-akkerman-9-laan-van-nieuw-oost-indigo/

Thank you for mentioning it. I'm glad that you're enjoying it in a 144.

Tom K.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

~ LetterRevivalist:

Many, many thanks for this highly detailed explanation.

Having not served in the armed forces, I'm shamefully unaware of their traditions.

Your love of the Art of Writing is a joy to see.

I use the three 149 OBBBs for writing letters, as they perform well on excellent grades of paper.

Your devotion to Noodler's Bay State Blue has been noticed. They owe you a bottle for product placement!

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom K.

You are most welcome. Glad to be of service. And that the Navy Exchange had a 144.

My Pelikan M800 w/ B nib ground to cursive italic didn't do so well on the Crown Mill stationery (a very nice gift from a friend).

The 149 w/ OBBB wrote well on the envelope, so there's a lesson for next time.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

~ TheMajestic:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network and the Montblanc Forum!

Like you, I love writing with a Meisterstück 144.

Mine are both EF nibs. May I please ask what nib yours has?

Until reading your post, I'd never heard of Akkerman #9 Laan Van Nieuw Oost-Indigo ink.

Looking for reviews, I'm impressed by the exceptional shading and distinctive hue.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/233700-akkerman-laan-van-nieuw-oost-indigo/

https://www.wellappointeddesk.com/2016/02/ink-review-akkerman-9-laan-van-nieuw-oost-indigo/

Thank you for mentioning it. I'm glad that you're enjoying it in a 144.

Tom K.

Thank you!

Mine has a M nib, but i'm considering in changing it to a F..

I was thinking of making a review myself about the ink, but i just kept postponing it. I love the ink, i'm definitely looking to buy more colours from Akkerman.

I added a picture of my Meisterstück 144, thank you for your kind reply!

Today feeling vintage so using ...

~ bartl:

Great photos!

Thank you so much.

Your images are inspirational to fountain pen photographers.

Tom K.

I brought a No. 146 White Solitaire to the office today loaded with some beautiful Leo Tolstoy blue! Against the platinum nib and white body it is stunning!

• 1 month later...

Please post a writing sample... I have an OM I love but I think OF would be ideal... I've yet to see a MB sample though!

~ RoSpectre:

I've had your comment on my mind for months.

Several factors keep it on my mind.

There are older Pelikan OF nibs which produce lovely lines.

Thank you for this comment.

Tom K.

MB 12 Fine with Diamine Registrar's Blue Black.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

StarWalker Red Gold metal Fineliner. Haven't used it in ages and have a bunch of refills I need to work through. Feels like I'm cheating on my other FPs though 😳

~ penwash:

Thank you for such a classy photo and handwriting sample.

It's top-of-the-line!

Tom K.

~ penwash:

Thank you for such a classy photo and handwriting sample.

It's top-of-the-line!

Tom K.

Hi Tom, thank you for the kind words.

The Boheme raised my opinion about modern MB (I love the vintage ones) from just a luxury item to an actual innovative and unique writing instrument. Plus it doesn't hurt that it writes really, really nicely. :)

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

Hi Tom, thank you for the kind words.

The Boheme raised my opinion about modern MB (I love the vintage ones) from just a luxury item to an actual innovative and unique writing instrument. Plus it doesn't hurt that it writes really, really nicely. :)

Then may I suggest you take a look at the Heritage 1912. It has a similar inovative retractable nib mechanism, but manages to include a very smart piston fill system. It may not have the pretty curves of the Boheme, but has its appeal (I was also attracted to the Boheme when choosing).

However it has a stella nib. The Boheme is great but the 1912 is a little special. It may not be for you, but you should give it a try.

~ penwash:

Your F nib Bleu Sapphire Bohéme image above is so striking that I've returned several times to admire it.

The composition of pen, handwriting sample and paper is effective, pulling one's attention towards the subject.

The calligraphy for Montblanc and Bohéme is exceedingly lovely, as is the graceful curved flourish.

You're excellent artistry brings favorable attention on the pen.

Thank you so much for posting it.

Tom K.

Then may I suggest you take a look at the Heritage 1912. It has a similar inovative retractable nib mechanism, but manages to include a very smart piston fill system. It may not have the pretty curves of the Boheme, but has its appeal (I was also attracted to the Boheme when choosing).

However it has a stella nib. The Boheme is great but the 1912 is a little special. It may not be for you, but you should give it a try.

Yes, I'm aware of the Heritage and normally I'd choose piston over cartridge fillers. But when I saw that on the Boheme, you open the end of the barrel and then rotate the barrel which makes the cartridge appear from inside the barrel, I almost lost it, that is just too cool.

- Will

~ penwash:

Your F nib Bleu Sapphire Bohéme image above is so striking that I've returned several times to admire it.

The composition of pen, handwriting sample and paper is effective, pulling one's attention towards the subject.

The calligraphy for Montblanc and Bohéme is exceedingly lovely, as is the graceful curved flourish.

You're excellent artistry brings favorable attention on the pen.

Thank you so much for posting it.

Tom K.

Tom, my clumsy flourish doesn't do the pen justice :)

I've been using it several days now and I like it even more.

Thank you again for your kind words.

- Will