What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

My 146R with a fine nib, inked with Shakespeare Velvet Red. Great shading on TR paper.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Writing with my recently acquired blue green marbled 234 1/2 Montblanc. Inked it with MB Midnight blue. The 234 1/2 pens and all their variations are among my favorite vintage pens.

• 2 weeks later...

146 Medium nib, Diamine Poppy Red, will switch to Noodler's Antietam next week (battle was September 16-18, 1862).

149 Oblique Triple Broad, Baystate Blue Ink.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

146 Medium nib, Diamine Poppy Red, will switch to Noodler's Antietam next week (battle was September 16-18, 1862).

149 Oblique Triple Broad, Baystate Blue Ink.

~ LetterRevivalist:

I appreciate your upcoming ink switch and the commemorative motivation for doing so.

As it is, I have no idea what hue Noodler's Antietam might be. (International search engines aren't available here)

Tom K.

Antietam is a brown-red, like partially clotted blood.

Noodler's has several Civil-War-themed inks, including 54th Massachusetts, named after a renowned African-American infantry regiment.

Noodler's has several Civil-War-themed inks, including 54th Massachusetts, named after a renowned African-American infantry regiment.

Can you back channel me the names of those inks please?

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

~ BlueJ:

Thank you so much for that information.

Tom K.

~ LetterRevivalist:

I appreciate your upcoming ink switch and the commemorative motivation for doing so.

As it is, I have no idea what hue Noodler's Antietam might be. (International search engines aren't available here)

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom K.

Noodler's also makes General of the Armies in tribute to General Philip Sheridan, who during the civil war received a series of promotions in a six month period from Captain to Major General. General Sheridan later changed the color of the Army uniform from blue to green.

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

she's real fine my 149

she's real fine my 149

well i saved my pennies and i saved my dimes

then put a further $500 on my credit card

giddyup giddyup giddyup 149

Thank you, Tom K.

Noodler's also makes General of the Armies in tribute to General Philip Sheridan, who during the civil war received a series of promotions in a six month period from Captain to Major General. General Sheridan later changed the color of the Army uniform from blue to green.

~ LetterRevivalist:

All of the above is new to me.

I'm impressed that an ink maker would produce such a tribute.

Having never served in the military, uniform color wasn't known to me.

Come to think of it, as a small kid in annual parades I saw units from all branches of the service, but I can't recall the colors.

I've never seen any Noodlers ink where I work and live, as choice here is limited.

Someday I'll buy a bottle, as much as anything out of appreciation for what you've explained.

Thank you.

Tom K.

she's real fine my 149

she's real fine my 149

well i saved my pennies and i saved my dimes

then put a further $500 on my credit card

giddyup giddyup giddyup 149

~ torstar:

gallop away!

tom k.

just lubed up a recent 149 acquisition that had a stuck piston.. works great now. filled it with Iroshizuku Syo-Ro.

I'm using my Voltaire, the only pen that doesn't fit in my pen tray because it is so long! Longer than the Wilde and 149. Lovely pen though, but no photos, sorry 😐

Ultra Black, medium nib, KWZ Honey ink. I've only inked this pen with black ink so seeing another color ooze out today was a treat.

~ LetterRevivalist:

All of the above is new to me.

I'm impressed that an ink maker would produce such a tribute.

Having never served in the military, uniform color wasn't known to me.

Come to think of it, as a small kid in annual parades I saw units from all branches of the service, but I can't recall the colors.

I've never seen any Noodlers ink where I work and live, as choice here is limited.

Someday I'll buy a bottle, as much as anything out of appreciation for what you've explained.

Thank you.

Tom K.

Tom K.

Nathan Tardif, God bless him, has quite a sense of humor. Noodler's makes two fast-drying inks called Bernanke Blue and Bernanke Black.

A couple of years ago the Army changed the dress uniform color back to blue, and uses a similar style of officer's rank devices as in the Civil War. This photo from the 103rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry shows the Civil War uniform. The current uniform is much like a modern civilian suit jacket. The Captain is not talking on a cell phone, he's protecting his ear as the cadre tests primers before marching out for lowering of the colors.

The Navy, in which I served through Lieutenant, uses a Navy Blue suit type double breasted jacket for Officers' and Chief Petty Officers' service dress blues. The color of the uniform is nearly black.

Back to fountain pens, Noodler's #BayStateBlue works fine in my Montblanc 149 with signature nib, which I used this morning to address several envelopes in which will go a sympathy note, and some thank you letters.

The #ArtOfWriting is still alive.

regards.

Edited by LetterRevivalist

I'm using my Meisterstück 144 at the moment, such a beauty. Filled it with Akkerman #9 ink.

http://i.imgur.com/c4eQMoq.jpg

Edited by TheMajestic

Tom K.

Nathan Tardif, God bless him, has quite a sense of humor. Noodler's makes two fast-drying inks called Bernanke Blue and Bernanke Black.

A couple of years ago the Army changed the dress uniform color back to blue, and uses a similar style of officer's rank devices as in the Civil War. This photo from the 103rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry shows the Civil War uniform. The current uniform is much like a modern civilian suit jacket. The Captain is not talking on a cell phone, he's protecting his ear as the cadre tests primers before marching out for lowering of the colors.

The Navy, in which I served through Lieutenant, uses a Navy Blue suit type double breasted jacket for Officers' and Chief Petty Officers' service dress blues. The color of the uniform is nearly black.

Back to fountain pens, Noodler's #BayStateBlue works fine in my Montblanc 149 with signature nib, which I used this morning to address several envelopes in which will go a sympathy note, and some thank you letters.

The #ArtOfWriting is still alive.

~ LetterRevivalist:

Many, many thanks for this highly detailed explanation.

Having not served in the armed forces, I'm shamefully unaware of their traditions.

Your love of the Art of Writing is a joy to see.

I use the three 149 OBBBs for writing letters, as they perform well on excellent grades of paper.

Your devotion to Noodler's Bay State Blue has been noticed. They owe you a bottle for product placement!

With Appreciation,

Tom K.