What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

You left all behind? I always take a few with me when I travel. Perhaps I never get to use them. But I know they're around if I need to look at them :)

Yes, I left all the at my home. This was the first time I travel without my MBs and I missing them. :(

Ah, but if you travel without, there's space to visit the duty free...

Of course, I found one Rouge et noir coral ballpoint for only USD 460 at the duty free (but I didn't buy it).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Using a couple of wartime* steel nibs, today.

A 234½ with a BB nib and a 334½ with a (supposed) F.

Here's a phone snap:

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/shoulderhead/steel%20nibs%20darker%20-%201_zpsumeoqk4z.jpg

I started playing around with old steel nibs about a year ago. I was pleasantly surprised with the excellent writing experience they offered.

I'm not a great user of flex, but there's plenty in there, should I wish. Good flow and delivery, and they make a nice rasping sound on the paper.

I went through a few and in the end I settled on keeping these two. They've become my daily carry. True workhorses.

I've hardly touched my gold nibbed pens in six months!

Thanks

*I was informed 'wartime' by seller, but am not sure, as I believe these models were sold with steel nib option until the late 1950's, possibly up to the early 1960's. I did have a 334½ with the engraved cap bands etc, which I took to be genuine wartime. It was in pristine condition, but the nib was OM, which was useless to me, so it had to go.

Hauled out my Dumas B nib and KWZ Foggy Green is on board. Got to find my phone/camera. Buried somewhere in my conference baggage. :blush:

~ nikhil5saraf:

When I opened this thread and saw your handwriting sample above I smiled.

That gorgeous B nib gives such strong strokes of Montblanc Royal Blue.

I really admire your pen photography style — classy!

Thank you for this post including an image.

Tom K.

Thanks Tom.

I hope you didn't find my hand writing funny :)

~ nikhil5saraf:

When I opened this thread and saw your handwriting sample above I smiled.

That gorgeous B nib gives such strong strokes of Montblanc Royal Blue.

I really admire your pen photography style — classy!

Thank you for this post including an image.

Tom K.

Thanks Tom.

I hope you didn't find my hand writing funny :)

~ nikhil5saraf:

Your handwriting looks great to me.

The Montblanc forum is a friendly, easygoing place.

Diversity of handwriting is welcome, as beauty appears in various forms.

Ha! There aren't any stuffy “penmanship grouches” here.

What I admired was your loose, free strokes, as laid down in Royal Blue ink by that nice B nib.

I'm pleased to know someone who has the exact same pen as me, especially as it's my only B nib, and was my first broad nib.

I hope that others will offer you well-chosen ink options to match your fine pen.

Tom K.

Today i inked a very special pen... 3rd time i have inked it... I dont know why so little when i like it so much!

It has Graf Von Faber Castell Moss Green

16423136_10210491378215595_3255792416186

That is such a beautiful piece! I think that color matches it too :)

:)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/MB%20Einstein_zpsn73xzzku.jpg

I always wished I had gotten a chance to see this pen in person! Looks very nice. That ink, superb color- what is it if I may ask?

Today i inked a very special pen... 3rd time i have inked it... I dont know why so little when i like it so much!

It has Graf Von Faber Castell Moss Green

16423136_10210491378215595_3255792416186

How is it to write with?

Taking a page out of Tom K's book:

16402578_10210493378585603_1669989607663

I love it. I didnt use to like it as i only had 145 ish pens (size wise... so, the 145, the caran dache, the gfvc classic, etc), but i have moved my hand to the 146 and 149 and now i fin this pen amazing to write with

Edited by thygreyt

Ooh, such a gorgeous pen! What nib is that, medium?

Thank you!

Yes it is a very soft medium, I love bringing it out for the day!

I always wished I had gotten a chance to see this pen in person! Looks very nice. That ink, superb color- what is it if I may ask?

Thank you, it's a local (Robert Oster) and called Fire & Ice
(not my picture)
image_large.jpg?v=1479332492
Edited by Nathanb

Taking a page out of Tom K's book:

16402578_10210493378585603_1669989607663

I love it. I didnt use to like it as i only had 145 ish pens (size wise... so, the 145, the caran dache, the gfvc classic, etc), but i have moved my hand to the 146 and 149 and now i fin this pen amazing to write with

~ thygreyt:

That's an awfully nice page.

Thank you very much!

Tom K.