• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

144 from 1987/8... First nice fountain pen... Haven't used it in 20 years... Kinda enjoying it with Irish Green...

149P with Irish Green... My first larger pen with a fine nib... Not sure I am comfortable with the narrow size in such a large diameter barrel... Haven't figured out how to hold it... (149B, 146M, Solitaire BB, Hemingway B, and a Fitz B)

Want to like the narrower nib, but I am not sure as of yet... Otherwise, it is a pretty pen...

Maybe need the rose gold to complete the set... Hmmm....

Your ad here.

I try and limit my self to one or at most two MBs in my rotation. However, there are currently three:

Star walker (with Irish Green ink)

Heritage 1912 (with Diamine Green Black in it)

The new M (with Diamine Imperial Purple)

• 5 months later...

Montblanc Starwalker Ultimate Carbon, Japanese Fine nib (wonderfully grinded by Michael Masuyama), here with a St. Dupont Défi Gunmetal ballpoint.

post-63755-0-26822400-1465118356_thumb.jpeg

A 244G with a stubbish, flexy BB nib.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

The following.................

244G a very soft BB filled with Montblanc Blue-Black

344 a sexie flexie Fine filled with Waterman Blue-Black

342 expressive OBB filled with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

149 18c tri-tone soft Fine filled with Diamine Blue-Black

Fred

"It's very important they understand that freedom is not free."

~ Patricia O'Brien ~

Heritage 1912

Tribute to the Mont Blanc BP

Meisterstuck pencil

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Mark Newson in F Nib, inked in MB Lavender Purple in a Large size cartridge from Edelstein. Perfect fit that gives more than

two times the ink of a normal international cartridge.

a 149 in the stock mystery black ink haha, any decent ink suggestions? would also help if a fellow nz'er could recommend me some nice places to get good inks without having to pay ridiculous amounts for it

a 149 in the stock mystery black ink haha, any decent ink suggestions? would also help if a fellow nz'er could recommend me some nice places to get good inks without having to pay ridiculous amounts for it

fpn_1465294764__two_parts.jpg

Montblanc inks are not terribly expensive in NZ actually. If you're in Auckland, the UoA (city) campus UBS has a few bottles of J Herbin, and you get quite a good selection of other brands from Roger Bamford at Classic Pens NZ and websites like inkt.co.nz. Happy hunting!

Thanks for the responses you guys! yeah im in auckland haha ive been using rollerballs exclusively prior to my shift into the fountain pen world with my 149 and lamy 2k, i always loved the pacific blue rollerball refill color when it wrote, is there anything similar to that?

Blue is not really my colour but you might be interested to know the AKL boutique still have bottles of blue hour in stock. Its more of a teal colour compared to pacific blue though... Google it for review. Inkt has private reserve and iroshizuku, and Roger has R&K, diamine and others. LOTS of blue options to choose from.

A Classique Steel II that I've had in rotation since it was purchased. Mesmerizing pen. :)

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/USEAAOSwX6VTxpMj/s-l1600.jpg

My darling 146 fave with Stipula Moss Green in it. Mmmmm, a pleasure in a land of work.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

My journaling pen for the last several months has been my WE: Tolstoy. Preparing to go on vacation and deciding between a 149 and a 1912 for my travel companion.

fpn_1465328568__img_2059.jpg