What will be the Lamy Safari colour for 2009?

encremental

Lamy Safari Colour for 2009  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these colours do you think is the most likely Safari colour for this year?

• purple
    • another yellow
    • dark grey
    • another red
    • another green
    • pink
    • turquoise
    • brown
    • other

Isn't the Al-Star raspberry pinkish? Kinda doubt they'd make a pink Safari, but I might be wrong of course.

What were the colours before Lime? I haven't really followed this so far.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edgar Allan Bo

• diplomat

• encremental

• menick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't the Al-Star raspberry pinkish? Kinda doubt they'd make a pink Safari, but I might be wrong of course.

What were the colours before Lime? I haven't really followed this so far.

Before Lime (not 100% sure on the sequence:

- light blue with red clip

- Flame (orange with red clip)

- glossy black / glossy white (both offered same year)

To my eye, the Raspberry AL-Star is closer to red than pink.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I'd bet on a textured brown or tan color, although a deep dark purple would be nice too. Given that they released the lime green just last year I have real doubts against turquoise.

Whatever color they come out with, I'll buy one; I love my Safari.

Edited by J0rdan

http://a.imageshack.us/img826/793/jordanscale2.png

"A pen is certainly an excellent instrument to fix a man's attention and to inflame his ambition."

-John Adams

Does anyone know when the new pen colours will actually be out?

They usually present the new colour at the Paperworld in late January and introduce it in the market in spring.

http://paperworld.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/home.html

Yay, Paperworld! It's like Disneyland... :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

I'll be there, looking out for the new Safari!

But I'd guess it won't be brown. The Safari is a school pen and outside the luxury pen sector brown is extremely unpopular in the german pen world. You also won't find Pelikan brillant brown ink too often here.

So maybe the next Lamy LE will be a Al-Star like it was already once somewhere between the Safari Flame (orange/red clip) and the Blue/Red Safari! I'm voting for a SPARKLING AL-STAR, YAY! :lol:

Edited by antigone

I vote for brown since that would be a color I would actually buy. While I like purple inks, I'm not that keen on purple pens.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Pink was my first thought too. But you do have to have something which would appeal to both sexes, so pink would require a companion colour. Even purple might have a sex-specific loading, and could need some ballast - and the obvious candidate for both colours is, I think some sort of turquoise (but greener if it's purple).

I'm sad to hear that Germans don't like brown. I did wonder briefly about a coffee 'n' cream combo, with two pens like the black and white, but if that's out then here's something REALLY radical - maybe we're not thinking in the right direction and the special edition is not going to be a Safari, but

a VISTA!!!!! :yikes:

Picture it - there would be the entire spectrum of transparent colours to work with, in the manner of those Pelikan coloured demos. If Lamy haven't considered it, then maybe they should.

Blue Ocean Lamys - I'm actually stunned by my own brilliance......

John

• 2 weeks later...

Pink (call it fuchsia if it's more fashionable) and some sort of gray. In the same pen or in two pens (but there is already a lot of grey in their safari-alstar line...we'll see).

Pink (call it fuchsia if it's more fashionable) and some sort of gray. In the same pen or in two pens (but there is already a lot of grey in their safari-alstar line...we'll see).

There is already a grey... I saw one in John Lewis the other day alongside the white one.

Does anyone know when the new pen colours will actually be out?

They usually present the new colour at the Paperworld in late January and introduce it in the market in spring.

http://paperworld.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/home.html

Yay, Paperworld! It's like Disneyland... :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

I'll be there, looking out for the new Safari!

But I'd guess it won't be brown. The Safari is a school pen and outside the luxury pen sector brown is extremely unpopular in the german pen world. You also won't find Pelikan brillant brown ink too often here.

So maybe the next Lamy LE will be a Al-Star like it was already once somewhere between the Safari Flame (orange/red clip) and the Blue/Red Safari! I'm voting for a SPARKLING AL-STAR, YAY! :lol:

Paperworld! :notworthy1: I had no idea this was on in Frankfurt. I could easily travel there by train from here, but I am currently ill and in bed and have an ungodly amount of work to do this weekend :crybaby:

The Paperworld opened yesterday, but I guess that whoever is now there will have no time to log here... until Tuesday when the fair will close.

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Re Paperworld:

"The fair is for trade visitors only. Private visitors will not be admitted..."

Edited by saintsimon

In 2007, Lamy brought back a version of their Alpin (white) color from the '80s. I think that there is a good probability that they could do this again and either bring back the orange or the dark green.

In 2007, Lamy brought back a version of their Alpin (white) color from the '80s. I think that there is a good probability that they could do this again and either bring back the orange or the dark green.

Mmm...

But orange was brought back in 2004 I think? And last year was green... nothing like savanna green I agree...

still quite curious.

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P